Ault, CO

Highland Middle School 3

Posted January 14, 2015
I'm giving this school 3 stars. It's just okay. It's not great, nor is it awful. My own child is not bullied, and is doing well in his classes, so for our own part, we accept the school. There is bullying, and there are lots of kids who can barely read or know how to use a tape measure. I'm not crazy about the top level administration. They seem disorganized. The History and Science teacher is more interested in pushing his own religion than teaching History and Science. Crazy, right? Some of the Math teachers let the kids grade their own work. And their website is confusing and difficult to navigate. Socially, there are cliques. A parent would need to keep an eye on which group their child is hanging out with. There is some good open time to hang out in before-school recess and recess in the middle of the day. My kid says the lunches are pretty good. So for my own family, the school is okay, but we're not keen on staying there through high school.

Posted October 21, 2014
The bullying in this school is completely out of controll. When you request to speak to the principal you are always sent to the counsellor. I have spoke to many parents at this school who all say the same thing. Kids are not afraid to be disrespectful to teachers during class due to low disciplinary action taken by staff.

Posted May 21, 2014
My daughter was only there a month and started getting bullied. I complained to the school many times and no results, she was sent to a counsler. the bullying continued for 8 months. I kept complaining to the school, nothing. I went to the superintendent still nothing done. Finally talked to the principal and that wasnt helpful. So glad school is over!

Posted July 17, 2009
i like this school it is a perfect place to learn and all my friends are friendly

Posted April 12, 2006
I feel that the principal and staff at Highland Middle school make every effort to educate, support and be aware of their students. Our transition from Private to Public school has been very smooth and positive. I would like to see a stronger music program, the high school has a wonderful music program, but the middle school does not seem to attract the students to feed into the high school.

Posted August 09, 2005
I really like this school. I like the fact that it is small and the teachers know all the kids real well. Some things could change like the homework policy but other than a few small things, i enjoy this school and im glad my son attends it.

Posted December 01, 2004
I really don't like this school because this school goes through so many teachers its impossible to learn anything.

Highland Middle School
209 West 1st, Ault, CO  80610
Last modified Highland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top