Bad
Good

I'm giving this school 3 stars. It's just okay. It's not great, nor is it awful. My own child is not bullied, and is doing well in his classes, so for our own part, we accept the school. There is bullying, and there are lots of kids who can barely read or know how to use a tape measure. I'm not crazy about the top level administration. They seem disorganized. The History and Science teacher is more interested in pushing his own religion than teaching History and Science. Crazy, right? Some of the Math teachers let the kids grade their own work. And their website is confusing and difficult to navigate. Socially, there are cliques. A parent would need to keep an eye on which group their child is hanging out with. There is some good open time to hang out in before-school recess and recess in the middle of the day. My kid says the lunches are pretty good. So for my own family, the school is okay, but we're not keen on staying there through high school.

The bullying in this school is completely out of controll. When you request to speak to the principal you are always sent to the counsellor. I have spoke to many parents at this school who all say the same thing. Kids are not afraid to be disrespectful to teachers during class due to low disciplinary action taken by staff.

My daughter was only there a month and started getting bullied. I complained to the school many times and no results, she was sent to a counsler. the bullying continued for 8 months. I kept complaining to the school, nothing. I went to the superintendent still nothing done. Finally talked to the principal and that wasnt helpful. So glad school is over!

i like this school it is a perfect place to learn and all my friends are friendly

Last modified Highland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.