Posted August 21, 2014
This school is a JOKE! It took teachers a week and a half to figure out who rides the buses and which one they go to. Also the entire staff does not take bullying seriously at all. My son was physically assaulted by another student and has a bruise to show for it and the principal did not suspend the child. The bully is still harassing my son to this day. I am withdrawing my children and placing them in an online public school environment. It was a big mistake putting them in Wheeling elementary!

Posted September 03, 2013
My daughter is currently attending this school and is in kindergarten. I was alarmed when I read so many horrible reviews about this school. There are certainly some concerns but so far it hasn't been too bad. I will say upfront we plan on moving to a Subdivision in Aurora that's in a Cherry Creek School District. Take a drive by Gateway High School when the kids get out and you will want your kids out of this district in general. With that said, Wheeling so far has not been that bad of a school. If you are registering your kid for the very first time and actually care about their education you mainly want to be involved with your student; that goes for just about anywhere they go to school. They have a total of three teachers in her class, and one does speak Spanish. They are all very nice. Some of the concerns are the actual students. No offense to the parents, but there are parents that simply don't set a good example for their kids and it translates over to the child themselves. If you are stuck in the district, you are going to be okay for the first year. Like us, I would suggest to get them out if possible, and get your family in a better school district all together.

Wheeling Elementary School 2

Posted June 20, 2013
My daughter went to this school as a 3rd grader. There was minimal parent envolvement. I do not like the IB program this school has to offer. They focus way too much on international culture and not enough on actual curriculum.

Posted April 05, 2013
My son is in first grade at this school and stated that his teacher told the class "Your acting like animals" because they wasn't listening. Wow! The school has a bullying problem, which the principal is aware of but says there is not enough staff to keep it under control. On the positive side, Wheeling has the potential to be a good school

Posted May 22, 2012
My son has attended this school for 5 months, and I am trying to do anything in my power to get him out of this school, even if that means I have to drive him 30 min to and from another school. The teachers do not teach them, and they do not acknowledge children who are above average. Instead they cater to the non english speaking children and make my son take Spanish classes. In the 5 months weve been at this school my son has been bullied by other children, and has lost most of the knowledge he had prior to attending this school. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE IF YOU CARE ABOUT THEM! RATING SHOULD BE A NEGATIVE 10!!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SCHOOL!!

Wheeling Elementary School 2

Posted November 23, 2010
I second some of the observations by the other parents. The school/district is in an ever increasing hispanic neighborhood. Out of necessity/my address my child is attending the school, otherwise I would transfer if I could. Too much time/effort has to be dedicated to the non or low English speaking kids, this diverts too much time away from the other kids. Also having the high hispanic/very migratory familes hurt the schools CSAP (state assessment scores) and bring the overall rating of the school down.

Posted August 17, 2007
I rate this a '0' out of ten. Obviously, the teacher(s) do not like children!!! Children are treated with no respect whatsoever!!! Will be looking elsewhere so she can LEARN!!!!!

Posted October 10, 2005
Both of my daughters have gone to this school. Overall seems like a good school. Teachers seem to care and they seem to work hard. If I had anything negative to say about the school it would be that they don't work hard enough on controlling the students and making them understand exactly why they are there.

Posted April 26, 2005
My child went to this school as a third and fourth grader in 2002 and 2003. I was very impressed with the teachers and their dedication to the students. However, as is happening with every Aurora/Denver school, the teachers have to make so many exceptions for the students that do not speak english, that all students wind up not getting the education that they need and deserve.

Wheeling Elementary School
472 South Wheeling St, Aurora, CO  80012
Last modified Wheeling Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wheeling Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top