Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

My son has excelled since attending here. I know for certain the staff giving him that extra bit of attention he needs, instead of shoving him to the side like his pre school did, has enhanced his learning ability

Amount of homework: Disagree

Although the homework they provide is challenging for the grade level I strongly disagree with the Common Core style of learning, that crap is stupid. Not the schools fault, however the not grading it is their fault and I do not agree with that. Just because the kids wrote words on a paper doesn't mean they know what's going on. They need to be told right from wrong no matter the circumstances.

This school is absolutely amazing. I currently have 3 of 5 children attending and I couldn't be happier. We thought about moving and this school kept us right where we were. My son needs a little extra attention and the staff here goes above and beyond my expectations to provide for everyone, not just my son, but his friends, classmates, and even family that doesn't even go to the school. They work hard with the students and provide extra support whenever needed. You can definitely depend on Vassar to take care of your children, both physically and mentally. The challenges they provide for my children are nothing short of what I could ask of them to do. The staff knows all 5 of my children and my children know the staff. They are excited about going to school and they don't like missing out. That is tough to find in a school.

My son is in Vassar and as far as I know he is doing great. He was in cherry creek school district, before coming here. But now he is excelling in every subject.

I transferred my son to Vassar through open enrollment almost a year ago. The teachers and support staff are amazing. I get frequent updates from his class teacher so that I am kept in the loop as to how he is doing at school. He enjoys his classes and attending school there. I am quite pleased with Vassar!

Vassar Elementary is such a great school. My boys love their teachers and friends there. The staff does such an awesome job and they really care for the students.

My children went to Vassar a couple years ago. I put them in a charter school because Vassar just wans't giving them the education they needed. Come to find out both my kids were about 2 grade levels behind. I'm a very active parent in the scools and I would constantly ask how my kids were doing, the response was fine. I feel like the teachers were only there because they had a job not to teach my kids what they needed to learn to be successfull. I suggest that if you have a choice of schools this is not a very good one. I Love the charter school that my kids are in and I'm glad I made the move. The teachers and principal were very negative and put down my kids (come to find out later). I wanted my kids to be successful in both school and in life so I feel like getting them out of Vassar was the best thing for them.

Vassar has great teachers who commit hours beyond what is mandatory.The quality of a solid education is present. It starts at home with the parents on how committed to education they are, the child will carry that over into his or her school day. Teachers can't do it all, it takes a village. My children love Vassar, and if there is a problem with a bully, the teachers will deal with right away, they just need to be made aware of the situation. We are happy with Vassar and appreciate the hard work from the faculty.

My son has thoroughly enjoyed being a student at Vassar! His teacher, Mrs. Orner makes every effort to make each student feel special and meet each students individualized needs. Her creative hands on activities and various ways of teaching are amazing and keep students focused on learning with consistency. I have volunteered in the classroom and see how amazing different K teachers skills are and each student goes to their level classroom briefly each day for ELP. Each classroom is set up for the level that kindergartner is at , of their reading/letter recognition level. Carnivals, Math Nights, Turkey Walk- Family Interaction is what makes your child successful and Vassar expresses their wanting your child to succeed with many family nights! Many opportunities to help your child grow with amazing educators! This school works hard with fundraising to get what the students want. I just hope to where we are moving to knows what amazing education I have witnessed and what my new expectations are!

My 3rd grader relocated from a private school to Vassar and she loves it. I appreciate the structure and commitment. I hope the rest of the school year is as wonderful as the beginning.

Last modified Vassar Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.