Vassar Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
I transferred my son to Vassar through open enrollment almost a year ago. The teachers and support staff are amazing. I get frequent updates from his class teacher so that I am kept in the loop as to how he is doing at school. He enjoys his classes and attending school there. I am quite pleased with Vassar!

Posted April 17, 2014
Vassar Elementary is such a great school. My boys love their teachers and friends there. The staff does such an awesome job and they really care for the students.

Vassar Elementary School 1

Posted July 05, 2013
My children went to Vassar a couple years ago. I put them in a charter school because Vassar just wans't giving them the education they needed. Come to find out both my kids were about 2 grade levels behind. I'm a very active parent in the scools and I would constantly ask how my kids were doing, the response was fine. I feel like the teachers were only there because they had a job not to teach my kids what they needed to learn to be successfull. I suggest that if you have a choice of schools this is not a very good one. I Love the charter school that my kids are in and I'm glad I made the move. The teachers and principal were very negative and put down my kids (come to find out later). I wanted my kids to be successful in both school and in life so I feel like getting them out of Vassar was the best thing for them.

Posted April 11, 2012
Vassar has great teachers who commit hours beyond what is mandatory.The quality of a solid education is present. It starts at home with the parents on how committed to education they are, the child will carry that over into his or her school day. Teachers can't do it all, it takes a village. My children love Vassar, and if there is a problem with a bully, the teachers will deal with right away, they just need to be made aware of the situation. We are happy with Vassar and appreciate the hard work from the faculty.

Posted January 05, 2011
My son has thoroughly enjoyed being a student at Vassar! His teacher, Mrs. Orner makes every effort to make each student feel special and meet each students individualized needs. Her creative hands on activities and various ways of teaching are amazing and keep students focused on learning with consistency. I have volunteered in the classroom and see how amazing different K teachers skills are and each student goes to their level classroom briefly each day for ELP. Each classroom is set up for the level that kindergartner is at , of their reading/letter recognition level. Carnivals, Math Nights, Turkey Walk- Family Interaction is what makes your child successful and Vassar expresses their wanting your child to succeed with many family nights! Many opportunities to help your child grow with amazing educators! This school works hard with fundraising to get what the students want. I just hope to where we are moving to knows what amazing education I have witnessed and what my new expectations are!

Posted September 10, 2010
My 3rd grader relocated from a private school to Vassar and she loves it. I appreciate the structure and commitment. I hope the rest of the school year is as wonderful as the beginning.

Vassar Elementary School 0

Posted December 10, 2009
I am a proud parent of a 3rd grade student at Vassar and I have to say this is a great school. I think alot of parents rate the school in the progress or level of their own children but it should not be that way. The school should be classified soley as a school and should not reflect on the progress or standing of your child. I think if a teacher tries their best to teach students and some students just don't catch on, that should not depend on the school because as parents we should also take the time to sit down with our children to review or help with homework. There's no 'Perfect school' that will make your children become honor roll students or the top rank of the classroom, it's not the school that makes the student it's the student who is interested that make themselves.

Posted March 31, 2009

Vassar Elementary School 2

Posted April 11, 2008
Boy the reviews on Vassar are not very recent. My children are both attending Vassar this year, and really haven't learned much, seems to have been nothing but review from last year thus far. There is no extra help for those who need it and there is no challenge for those who need that. My daughter was physically threatened by a bully who was bullying a lot of kids the school did nothing. My son has fallen so far behind his peers in other schools that I fear he will never make it up. Yes, there are a few really great staff members, but the poor out number the good. Class sizes are huge 3o-34, at least in my childrens rooms. I will not be sending my children back there next year. I want my children and myself to feel welcome in their learning enviroment and we don't

Vassar Elementary School 4

Posted April 05, 2007
I am a retired teacher at this school, but I have worked here since its opening for 25 years. I still return to volunteer twice a week. There are a number of excellent volunteers and paraprofessionals that assist teachers in teaching reading, writing, and math concepts and skills. Even though this school has a rating of three I know that the past CSAP results have steadily improved, despite the increasing diversity of ethnic students, making Vassar one of the very best schools in this district. Students receive a lot of support to ensure their success. Many parents receive support from teachers and the principals to ensure their success in educating their children at home. Academic expectations are raised every month to achieve learning goals. Teachers have coaches at each grade level and for each academic area insuring quality education for students. Accountability is a very strong word at this school.

Vassar Elementary School
18101 East Vassar Ave, Aurora, CO  80013
Last modified Vassar Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vassar Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top