Aurora, CO

Dalton Elementary School 1

Posted June 08, 2014
Poor teacher/parent communication throughout school year despite efforts email/agenda. My child excelled each year until placed at Dalton. See my remarks from Kendallview & Vassar. Sons teacher ex correctional officer with little to no empathy or compassion, introverted. Being an educator to 3rd grade students troubling when your child fears his teacher and felt bored all the time. Lack of hands on teaching, lack of student understanding. Only parent teacher conferences would show graded school work despite repetitive request. Attempting to grow friendship with peers conflicted with my child following school dance addressed inappropriately by the Principle with our son. Personally witnessed young girls crying in the bathroom over boyfriends. Disgusting the encouragement of inappropriate relations in such a claimed great school. Following, peers pressured making fun of him having no girlfriend. Brought up in a Christian home, shocked the exposure and damage Dalton has had on our son. He was punished for teachings of such behavior allowed from peers! ***Recommend Vassar less than .5 miles away! Excellent educators focused excelling your childs excellence as it should be!

Posted October 25, 2011
I have 2 daughters (2nd and 3rd grade) and they have both been attending Dalton Elementary since Pre-K. The staff are amazing and they have the greatest teachers and they really treated my children as indivisuals and truly cared about their success and well being. The before and after school care/summer camp coordinator, Clara Tafoya is excellent with the children and amazing to work with. I feel like Dalton was family and I'm heart broken that we have to leave. If I could pick up Dalton and take it with me to Colorado Springs I would do it in a snap. Your children would be very blessed to attend this school. A speacial thank you to Mr. Roon!!

Dalton Elementary School 3

Posted August 02, 2007

Posted April 25, 2006
I found Dalton Elementary to be a superb school for my Daughter. I was surprised how fast she learned to read, write and do math in Kindergartern. Her teacher Ms. Trail is the best Kinder teacher we've known. Dalton's Principal is also the best in the State of Colorado.

Dalton Elementary School 4

Posted July 12, 2004
Dalton is a wonderful elementary school. It offers an excellent curicular program, providing a good education to students. My child was truly prepared for a very challenging middle school ( Columbia) and I am greatful that he attended Dalton.

Posted December 14, 2003
I think Dalton is a wonderful school. The teachers and staff are real caring and concerned for my children.

Dalton Elementary School
17401 East Dartmouth Ave, Aurora, CO  80013
Last modified Dalton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dalton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top