Aurora, CO

Posted July 29, 2015
Dalton is a wonderful, community based school that offers a wide variety of oppporunities for its students and their families. The teachers are committed to providing the very best education they can for their students and the administration is responsive to parents and addresses any and all concerns immediately. Kids Corner is a great place for kids to hang out after school if childcare is needed and there are many different ways for students to become involved and develop their leadership skills. I am so lucky that my child had the opportunity to attend Dalton!

Dalton Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 29, 2015
The teachers here are very knowledgable and caring. They work hard to support students and create positive relationships with parents. My child is well-prepared both socially and academically to attend middle school due to the strong foundation Dalton provides.

Dalton Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2015
Communication is terrible! The principal is grumpy and disrespectful to students and parents. Violent acts are not attended to and are ignored. Most of the staff is incredibly rude and sarcastic. I have never felt that my children were safe at this school however we are forced because of the boundaries and lack of communication about attending a different school. The message we get as parents is that the state test scores are more important than our children.

Dalton Elementary School 1

Posted June 08, 2014
Poor teacher/parent communication throughout school year despite efforts email/agenda. My child excelled each year until placed at Dalton. See my remarks from Kendallview & Vassar. Sons teacher ex correctional officer with little to no empathy or compassion, introverted. Being an educator to 3rd grade students troubling when your child fears his teacher and felt bored all the time. Lack of hands on teaching, lack of student understanding. Only parent teacher conferences would show graded school work despite repetitive request. Attempting to grow friendship with peers conflicted with my child following school dance addressed inappropriately by the Principle with our son. Personally witnessed young girls crying in the bathroom over boyfriends. Disgusting the encouragement of inappropriate relations in such a claimed great school. Following, peers pressured making fun of him having no girlfriend. Brought up in a Christian home, shocked the exposure and damage Dalton has had on our son. He was punished for teachings of such behavior allowed from peers! ***Recommend Vassar less than .5 miles away! Excellent educators focused excelling your childs excellence as it should be!
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 25, 2011
I have 2 daughters (2nd and 3rd grade) and they have both been attending Dalton Elementary since Pre-K. The staff are amazing and they have the greatest teachers and they really treated my children as indivisuals and truly cared about their success and well being. The before and after school care/summer camp coordinator, Clara Tafoya is excellent with the children and amazing to work with. I feel like Dalton was family and I'm heart broken that we have to leave. If I could pick up Dalton and take it with me to Colorado Springs I would do it in a snap. Your children would be very blessed to attend this school. A speacial thank you to Mr. Roon!!

Posted April 25, 2006
I found Dalton Elementary to be a superb school for my Daughter. I was surprised how fast she learned to read, write and do math in Kindergartern. Her teacher Ms. Trail is the best Kinder teacher we've known. Dalton's Principal is also the best in the State of Colorado.

Dalton Elementary School 4

Posted July 12, 2004
Dalton is a wonderful elementary school. It offers an excellent curicular program, providing a good education to students. My child was truly prepared for a very challenging middle school ( Columbia) and I am greatful that he attended Dalton.

Posted December 14, 2003
I think Dalton is a wonderful school. The teachers and staff are real caring and concerned for my children.

Dalton Elementary School
17401 East Dartmouth Ave, Aurora, CO  80013
Last modified Dalton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dalton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top