Aurora, CO

Posted March 31, 2015
Columbia is a great place to be to get a great education. Children that come here have a great opportunity to have the education they need. I am recently here at this school. I am in 7th grade and im looking forward to coming here next year to finish middle school. At first I didn't want to come here ending my elementary years. I was looking forward to going to the school that I was suppose to go, Mrachek Middle School, with many of my friends. My mom didn't want me to go because there are lots of fights there, the academic scores for Mrachek was very very low and it was and is a bad school for me. Now that I am here at Columbia, I am very elated to be at Columbia because I've heard and seen videos that teachers cussed at students, also, that the principal is almost never there. ve the opportunity to have a good education and the support that I need to become successful in life. I am glad that I am a Columbia Middle School student! GOOOOO COUGARSS

Posted April 24, 2014
I went to this school for all three years. I felt safe every day going to school. I could really connect with some of my teachers and they were always my shoulder to lean on aif I ever needed anything and they always gave me good advice. I loved the music and drama programs they were so much fun! Art was also an amazing experience. My teachers were always pushing me to be better and they never called me out on my mistakes all they did was help. Compared to the school my stepsister goes to this school is way better. Less drama, less bullies, and more kids that are interested in their future and want to be successful. I am and will always be proud to say I am a former COLUMBIA COUGAR!!!!!

Posted September 06, 2012
I went to this school for three years and I loved it. I was always with friends that pushed me to be the best I can be. My middle school years had bumpy parts but that did not have to do with the school itself. I love their principal like a second dad and I have had many strong relationships with the teachers there. Columbia knows what it's doing and they have always had the children in mind. I respect every teacher I had even if I didn't do very well in that class. The teachers make the days fun and I just loving going back to see old teachers :) I strongly strongly recommend Columbia for your children - former student (klfoxworthy)

Columbia Middle School 2

Posted August 08, 2012
I think that Columbia has it's ups and Downs. As a parent I'm really invoked in kids school. I have two kids one is going to 8th grade and 7th. My kids seldomly have homework and if they do they can get it done in homework help after school in 30 minutes. I don't think that they are challenging their student. When I went to visit the classroom the teachers didn't seem to have control of their classrooms and half the class wasn't paying attention and the teacher just kept on teaching without saying anything to student that weren't on the same page. Not only that but when I asked if my kids can go to summer school because they have been failing I was told they have to have at least a PP average to get extra hep. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Posted April 12, 2011
Columbia Middle School is Awesome! I have won 3rd place in synopsys science and engineering championship!(the santa clara county fair). I have been qualified to go to the California State Fair.I am learning Highschool math in 8th grade! Science Teachers are great!

Posted June 02, 2010
I love this school.If you are going to say something about it think about how your student or yourself is academically achieved. I had gone from 6 to 8th grade and left it with perfect grades,was in all advanced classes, It was not easy so it was a perfect challenge, and had no problem...maybe its the students

Columbia Middle School 1

Posted April 13, 2010
I have been going to this school for 2 years and I don't like this school. I have many friends that are boys that I can't hang out with because of the gender seperated lunches. Also, the teachers never challenge us enough and I feel as if I'm being belittled when the teachers are teaching things that we have learned in our elementary schools. I believe that many of the students are not taking their education seriously and act very inappropriate (kissing in hallways, talking about stuff they shouldn't be, etc.). I am leaving CMS and going to Cherry Creek schools and I am hoping that they will be better.

Posted August 26, 2009

Posted June 20, 2009

Posted March 19, 2009

Columbia Middle School
17600 East Columbia Ave, Aurora, CO  80013
Last modified Columbia Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbia Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top