Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I went to this school for more than 2 years and I loved the experience. The teachers are very nice and this school made me feel very comforting.

This school is a joke. The teachers have zero control over their students, my daughter was transferred from a Douglas County school and went into her 7th grade math class re-learning what she learned in the 7th grade. She never has homework, the teachers don't challenge their students at all. It seems like if 1 student is behind and struggling the entire class falls back with that student, causing the entire classroom to get behind. ON TOP OF THAT, the fighting among the students is out of control and the dean's seem to do very little to control the situation. This year there is a group of three girls that prey on innocent girls that don't have any social backing and then make their lives a living hell. All three girls have been told several times that the next time they will be expelled, yet still nothing happens. There most recent prey. My daughter, who has struggled since day one to make friends at this school. I put a call into the deans office over 3 hours ago stating that my issue was urgent and I needed to speak with someone right away. I still have yet to get a call back. Needless to say, yesterday was her last day at Columbia. I am pulling her out with less than two months left in the school year. If your child cannot feel safe at school and the faculty does NOTHING about it why would anyone keep their child there. Please if you are thinking of transferring your student to this school just DON'T!!!

Columbia Middle School is a fairly mediocre school. One of the biggest reasons why it doesn't deserve 5 or 4 stars for me, is because of the academics. The material being taught is not meticulous and not well thought out. Students don't feel challenged, instead, students like myself feel belittled by the teachers. Unless you have all honors classes, there will be no obstacle for you to jump over. Reasons that slightly impact the 3 star rating are based on lunch, staff, and discipline. The lunch is not very appetizing, but if you take into the consideration that 800 students have to be fed, that should put that matter at bay. The staff members are O-K, many come there just to come there; it's like there is/was no other option in which they could take their life. The counselors in the school discipline students more than the teachers in class, which is kind of silly. Some teachers put in little work to make their classroom a middle school classroom, and create challenging high school curriculums. This rant can go on forever, but in my eyes Columbia is one of those average schools. If you have the option to go to the Cherry Creek school district, please do so. I'm going to Smoky next year and they fill in the aspects that Columbia lacked in.

Same as the community member that posted on July 29, 2015. Same opinion but one more thing I think all the staff should be replaced

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I don't like this school. The teachers and staff are pushy and rude to the kids. They expect us to be perfect all the time and us humans aren't perfect. They don't choose the right punishments. The teachers and staff pick on a certain diverse which is messed up everyone is equal. The students do the same. The students are very judgemental. So this school is not good, not diverse, and this school acts communist. So I don't recommend this school at all. If u decide to go to this school well ur gonna regret it.

Columbia is a great place to be to get a great education. Children that come here have a great opportunity to have the education they need. I am recently here at this school. I am in 7th grade and im looking forward to coming here next year to finish middle school. At first I didn't want to come here ending my elementary years. I was looking forward to going to the school that I was suppose to go, Mrachek Middle School, with many of my friends. My mom didn't want me to go because there are lots of fights there, the academic scores for Mrachek was very very low and it was and is a bad school for me. Now that I am here at Columbia, I am very elated to be at Columbia because I've heard and seen videos that teachers cussed at students, also, that the principal is almost never there. ve the opportunity to have a good education and the support that I need to become successful in life. I am glad that I am a Columbia Middle School student! GOOOOO COUGARSS

I went to this school for all three years. I felt safe every day going to school. I could really connect with some of my teachers and they were always my shoulder to lean on aif I ever needed anything and they always gave me good advice. I loved the music and drama programs they were so much fun! Art was also an amazing experience. My teachers were always pushing me to be better and they never called me out on my mistakes all they did was help. Compared to the school my stepsister goes to this school is way better. Less drama, less bullies, and more kids that are interested in their future and want to be successful. I am and will always be proud to say I am a former COLUMBIA COUGAR!!!!!

My child went to Columbia and we both absolutely loved it! The teachers are professional, competent and care about the students' entire well being...socially, academically, and home life. There was never any bullying from students and/or teachers. There was one incident where both my child and I felt she had been singled out unfairly by a teacher and the principal and vice-principal responded immediately, spoke with the teacher, me and my child and allowed my child to be transferred to another class without any hassle. My child flourished in the new classroom and the vice-principal continued to check in with me and my daughter to see how she was doing. I attended Mrachek and had a complete opposite middle school experience than what my child has had. She has had a safe and supportive learning environment and it has made the world of difference. We LOVE Columbia!!!!

I went to this school for three years and I loved it. I was always with friends that pushed me to be the best I can be. My middle school years had bumpy parts but that did not have to do with the school itself. I love their principal like a second dad and I have had many strong relationships with the teachers there. Columbia knows what it's doing and they have always had the children in mind. I respect every teacher I had even if I didn't do very well in that class. The teachers make the days fun and I just loving going back to see old teachers :) I strongly strongly recommend Columbia for your children - former student (klfoxworthy)

I think that Columbia has it's ups and Downs. As a parent I'm really invoked in kids school. I have two kids one is going to 8th grade and 7th. My kids seldomly have homework and if they do they can get it done in homework help after school in 30 minutes. I don't think that they are challenging their student. When I went to visit the classroom the teachers didn't seem to have control of their classrooms and half the class wasn't paying attention and the teacher just kept on teaching without saying anything to student that weren't on the same page. Not only that but when I asked if my kids can go to summer school because they have been failing I was told they have to have at least a PP average to get extra hep. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Last modified Columbia Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.