Bad
Good

Iowa Elementary School 4

Posted January 12, 2014
My son has attended Iowa for the past two years and I love it. My son has full support from his kindergarten teacher and support staff. I have seen a huge improvement in my son since the start of school. We are moving at the end of the summer and we will truly miss this school. Keep up the hard work teachers and thank you!!!!

Iowa Elementary School 5

Posted August 22, 2013
my daughter has been to this one for 2 year, everything is always good! I am happy!

Iowa Elementary School 2

Posted September 30, 2011
My kids attended Iowa for 5 years and I could see it get better in the last couple years with the new principle. The teachers do the best they can but I don't think they get the support they need from parents and APS. The class sizes are too big for an elementary school and thus cannot keep track of all the kids every minute of the day. We have had issues with bullying that was not ignored but could not stop completely due to the lack of ability/support. Kids suffer and teachers suffer when parents do not and take an active role in their child and support the teacher; give the teachers the benefit of the doubt that they are doing the best they can with what they have. Find out how you can help! It is sad that this is the future for our educational system that teachers cannot teach and educate because they are busy dealing with strict budget and rules and kids without parental support and involvement. I pulled my kids and are trying out a charter school with smaller class sizes. There are great teachers and staff there doing the best they can with what they got.

Iowa Elementary School 1

Posted February 13, 2011
My daughter went to Iowa for only four months this year (2010-Jan. 2011) when we moved out of the area just to get away from it, and Aurora Public Schools in general. I didn't feel my child was "important" and the focus was on ESL students. My daughter lost the zest for going to school, and asked everyday to stay home- before she LOVED to go. I know with the budget and the student to teacher ratio they tried as much as they can, but I think most of the teachers are way in over their heads. Not only that, but their overall test scores have been awful, for years. Something needs to be improved. I am thankful I was able to get my daughter into a much better, more challenging and parent-involved school!

Iowa Elementary School

Posted November 20, 2008
Very dissatisfied with this school. My son went for 2 years. There is no synergy. Such blah attitudes from the staff. My son did not get the support needed and consequently is paying for it as academically is 1 + years behind. Very discouraging.

Iowa Elementary School 3

Posted January 26, 2006
This is my childs first year attending this school. My child is advanced in her kindergarden class and I'm not finding that the teachers are equipped to handle such children. I also dislike the lack of consistent communication when needed if there is a a concern. At this rate I will not be enrolling my child next year at this school if this continues.

Iowa Elementary School
16701 East Iowa Avenue, Aurora, CO  80017
Last modified Iowa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.