Bad
Good

This school was great 7 years ago before the replacement of an outstanding principal. The new principal is horrible. Every parent I have spoke with dislikes her and teachers can't stand her. My experiences with her are have not been positive. She has been extremely rude and seems clueless on what is happening in her school. I know a few of the teachers at this school and they are great. The school seems to have a big turnover rate in the past few years and I think this is due to administration (principal). I would not recommend this school. It seems to be in need of leadership.

I have two special needs children, one that requires to be in the affective needs classroom for behavior. My boys are far from easy and require structure and love at the same time, The staff at this school exceed what is required from them. Ms. Silverman and Mr.C as well as the teachers and office staff work hand in hand to make my boys school experience a positive one with growth both academically and socially! I believe that as a society in general we blame educators and schools for what we should also be doing at home. Parent involvement is key to any child's academic success. Our family of professionals at Century... Thank you for all you do!!!!!

Prior to May, 2008, Century was an amazing school with a great reputation. Century hired a new principal in 2008 and the school has changed a lot as a result. Since then, three of the school's most capable teachers resigned, along with the family liasion (similar to a vice principal), have resigned. I can't say with certainly that this isn't just coincidence, but from what I've been told teacher morale is very low and there's a great deal of dissatisfaction with the current leadership. The teachers who have remained at Century, along with the newly hired ones, are all very capable educators and I have a great relationship with and respect for all of them. They have consistently worked hard to ensure the best for out kids desipte the less-than-ideal school environment. I no longer volunteer at all solely because the administration makes me feel very uncomfortable and unwanted. The district is fully aware of the current situation, but for some reason they've chosen to do nothing to remedy it.

This school is sucks. They cant even take care preschool students. My son come back home with scratches all over in his face. Teacher and principal didn't even do nothing.

I used to believe that Century was the best elementary school in Aurora. Our family has been there for many years now, and the quality of the administration has gotten really low. Most of the teachers are great. However parental concerns are treated as a joke by both administration and teachers.

This is by far the greatest school in the Aurora Public School System. The teachers are great and the students are bright and well-behaved.

They're always there for my families needs and help in every way possible in assisting towards my sons education. I will continue to have my son attend to this school.

Last modified Century Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.