Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

They don't do anything. My son has been called names, had his belongings taken and head pushed. Staff does nothing. Paras at this school are disrespectful and yelling at kids all the time. This school has gone down hill the past few years

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Paras terrible. Yell at kids and disrespectful

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some are excellent, others are rude and doing bare minimum

Worst experience ever! My son was in kindergarten here and started out the year excited to start school. He was treated like a criminal from day one. His teacher was TERRIBLE! She did the bare minimum. The whole school caters to the lowest degree of intelligence, which makes it so the advanced kids stop advancing and are bored. Cannot warn people enough to stay away from this school. It's run like a prison with kids not allowed to be kids and have fun every once in a while. Also, as parents we were NEVER allowed to help out. There was actually a letter sent home telling the parents they didn't want their help AT ALL for the class 'party' days.

This school is terrible. The principal is a terrible principal. She has no clue how to control or run the school. The school is complete chaos everyday. There are a few good teachers but there are also some really bad ones. Some of the teachers do not teach the children very well. This school has a lot of bullies and the principal and assistant principal don't do anything about it. The school was decent before the current principal and assistant principal but now is one of the worst places I've seen. The school may have a chance if the principal and assistant principal are replaced. AVOID this school if possible!!!!!

I like the teachers here, but when my 9 year old started at this school she was above average and when they tested her after 6 months of going to this school she was not being challenge at school and didn't test above average. She lost interest in school by this time. The teachers need more resources to help child like mine. The office staff with the exception of the nurse are horrible and rude. My children will be going to a different school next year.

This school is a 6 but I feel APS 6 is Cherry Creeks 4. We have pulled our kids out of this school because there is no structure and the bad kids who don't behave rule the class rooms! There are a few amazing teachers but then the next year they get horrible ones that make the good ones obsolete. They loose recess, library, fun Fridays and more because the teacher cant just punish the one ore two kids acting up they have to punish the entire class and that doesn't work!!

I have only good things to say about this school. My oldest has attended for four years now and my younger son has attended for three. The teachers are involved and communicative. The principal has been there for me when I've had questions and the vice principal is excellent with the children. One of my sons has an IEP and the teachers have worked with him (and me) to make sure his grades are good. Both of my boys are excelling academically.

The principal, staff members, teachers, kids, parents we are all dedicated to better education and show pride to side creek elementary!!!! Go side creek!!!

After reading these reviews I was very surprised to see such high reviews then I began to have a clear understanding of the expectations here. There are a few great teachers at this school, but for the most part people are just there to collect a check. When I talked to the staff about putting my son in Sylvan Learning they frowned and would not fill out a questionnaire for Sylvan. The teachers at Side Creek say my son excels, Sylvan says hes almost a year and a half behind. The drop off pick up area at Side Creek is atrocious and no one there seems to have the same idea. About every 3 weeks its someone different directing you a new way to drop off your children. Then if you don't do it right or someone gets upset and they call out the local law enforcement the next day.

Last modified Side Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.