Aurora, CO

Posted July 17, 2014
Worst experience ever! My son was in kindergarten here and started out the year excited to start school. He was treated like a criminal from day one. His teacher was TERRIBLE! She did the bare minimum. The whole school caters to the lowest degree of intelligence, which makes it so the advanced kids stop advancing and are bored. Cannot warn people enough to stay away from this school. It's run like a prison with kids not allowed to be kids and have fun every once in a while. Also, as parents we were NEVER allowed to help out. There was actually a letter sent home telling the parents they didn't want their help AT ALL for the class 'party' days.

Posted May 21, 2014
This school is terrible. The principal is a terrible principal. She has no clue how to control or run the school. The school is complete chaos everyday. There are a few good teachers but there are also some really bad ones. Some of the teachers do not teach the children very well. This school has a lot of bullies and the principal and assistant principal don't do anything about it. The school was decent before the current principal and assistant principal but now is one of the worst places I've seen. The school may have a chance if the principal and assistant principal are replaced. AVOID this school if possible!!!!!

Side Creek Elementary School 3

Posted April 03, 2014
I like the teachers here, but when my 9 year old started at this school she was above average and when they tested her after 6 months of going to this school she was not being challenge at school and didn't test above average. She lost interest in school by this time. The teachers need more resources to help child like mine. The office staff with the exception of the nurse are horrible and rude. My children will be going to a different school next year.

Side Creek Elementary School 2

Posted October 14, 2013
This school is a 6 but I feel APS 6 is Cherry Creeks 4. We have pulled our kids out of this school because there is no structure and the bad kids who don't behave rule the class rooms! There are a few amazing teachers but then the next year they get horrible ones that make the good ones obsolete. They loose recess, library, fun Fridays and more because the teacher cant just punish the one ore two kids acting up they have to punish the entire class and that doesn't work!!

Posted July 31, 2013
I have only good things to say about this school. My oldest has attended for four years now and my younger son has attended for three. The teachers are involved and communicative. The principal has been there for me when I've had questions and the vice principal is excellent with the children. One of my sons has an IEP and the teachers have worked with him (and me) to make sure his grades are good. Both of my boys are excelling academically.

Posted October 12, 2010
The principal, staff members, teachers, kids, parents we are all dedicated to better education and show pride to side creek elementary!!!! Go side creek!!!

Posted October 08, 2010
After reading these reviews I was very surprised to see such high reviews then I began to have a clear understanding of the expectations here. There are a few great teachers at this school, but for the most part people are just there to collect a check. When I talked to the staff about putting my son in Sylvan Learning they frowned and would not fill out a questionnaire for Sylvan. The teachers at Side Creek say my son excels, Sylvan says hes almost a year and a half behind. The drop off pick up area at Side Creek is atrocious and no one there seems to have the same idea. About every 3 weeks its someone different directing you a new way to drop off your children. Then if you don't do it right or someone gets upset and they call out the local law enforcement the next day.

Posted December 09, 2009
My son has been enrolled at Sidecreek for three years now.And I'm impressed, His first year in kindergarten was a rough start he suffered from a broken leg(due from daycare) and the staff was great with him and helped him anyway possible and made it easy for him to be there it ment alot to me.Now he is in second grade and I was impressed to hear that my son is above level in reading and is standard in math.It is an overall great school but some staff needs to change.Sad to say we are leaveing at the end of the year and everyone will be missed.GREAT JOB YOU GUYS!!!

Side Creek Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2009
My two girls have been there for 2 years now. Last years teacher was great we truly miss her, but this year I find my daughter not wanting to go to school because she is not being challenged enough. Also the front desk staff is very rude. Everytime I have called in for whatever reason they always seem to have bad comment to say. Its horrible and we will not be returning to this school next year.

Posted October 31, 2008
I will be leaving because of a move and I'm sad to go. I have a 2nd & 3rd grader. They have been there since kindergarten. I have had great experiences there. The new principal has done great things for the school. I was surprised the rating wasn't higher. I highly recommend this school. I especially like the class set ups.

Side Creek Elementary School
19191 East Iliff Place, Aurora, CO  80013
Last modified Side Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Side Creek Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top