No rating

Peace with Christ Christian School

Private | PK-8 | 189 students

Living in Aurora

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $156,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,010.

Posted September 1, 2014

My three kids were in the school for 1 year and we had to pull them from the school. Paying wasn't problem but it was a waste. Some teachers are very good and supportive, especially the 5th grade teacher for 2013/2014, but one veteran teacher in the school for 20 years is horrible. My child in her class had a lost 4th grade with bad experiences only Christ knows. For example, a 92% score for my child on a test got recorded as 12% fail and the teacher didn't care. When we found the grading error and notified the teacher, it was corrected overnight with no explanation, no responsibility and no apology. Our email asking for why such error could occur but the teacher refused to reply. Teacher disrespect to a fee-paying parents! As a Christian family, we wanted the best Christian education for our kids but we got un-Christ-like treatment and disappointment. As a black minority family, we now understand the lack of diversity among student population at the school, which says a lot about the "Christ for some students and not for all students" attitude two of kids experienced. We are glad our kids are now happy with good friends and caring teachers at a Cherry Creek public school.

Posted January 12, 2014

My kids have been at PWC since early learning. Initially, we were going to transition to the public schools for kindergarten. The full day kindergarten offered at Peace was what kept us there. 7 years later, we are still there. The teachers are great - always making time for parents. My kids are challenged on a daily basis. The athletic program is competitive - Go Eagles! There are numerous opportunities for parents to get involved. Budget-wise, we will do whatever it takes to continue through 8th grade.

Posted September 29, 2013

We were at this school for 5 years and we have left. 4 principals in 5 years ,lost test scores,2012 test scores compared to 2007 scores, apology letters from the teachers as to why the scores were so low, questionable accredidation to name a few.We really wanted to overlook these problems but in the last year it kept on mounting. At first we thought the school was superior but truly it is only average attested by the scores.

Posted August 18, 2013

My son started at PWCCS when he was in kindergarten. We have been very pleased with the teachers and the education so far. I was not thrilled with the interim principal (2012-2013) but I know that is a hard position to be in. I am looking forward to getting to know the new principal who seems very nice upon our first meeting. I think the education is well rounded and the discipline is fair. The religious teaching, along with the excellent education, is the main reason we chose this school. My son's Sunday School teachers are continually amazed by what he knows. I'm proud to have my son at this school and can highly recommend it!

Posted March 18, 2013

My son is finishing up his 2nd grade year here and he is having a difficult time. He was going to Vista Peak Elementary and he had a bond with his 1st grade teacher. He was excited every day and came home with new stories about what he learned. They wanted to put him in the GATE program for his creativity and writing. When he started 2nd grade at PWCCS, we expected higher standards so I was not surprised that he wasn't doing quite as well in reading and writing. But then I started paying closer attention to his work and found that he had actually started declining in his writing. He no longer was writing complete sentences like he was before. He was asked to write a paragraph and would get away with only writing 2 sentences. There seem to be many children with special learning needs in his class. Since the tuition isn't crazy expensive, I started wondering if this was a place for children who couldn't make it in public schools. Although we have only had experience with one teacher, the principal and other teachers seem great! I just don't know if I made the right choice for his education this year.

Posted May 28, 2012

As the mother of a 1st grade boy who's finishing his first year at PWCCS, I've got to say that I am so pleased and completely impressed by this school. The staff at PWCCS are caring and attentive with students and parents. The academic and spiritual curriculum are well balanced and thorough. And I love how organized everything is. PWCCS is also an incredibly active school, with school-wide events throughout the year. I love the small class size, the school's active interest in using the advances of technology to aid in teaching and I love the open lines of communication we parents have with everyone at the school -- from the principal, to the teachers, to other parents as well. And one more very important reason I love this school -- my son is thriving there. We are looking forward to next year.

Posted November 6, 2011

I attended PWCCS all the way through grade 8. I went on to Regis High School. I was well prepared in every aspect. In fact, I find myself helping my classmates who are struggling. If you plan for your child to go to a competitive high school, I would recommend sending them to PWCCS. I thank my parents for making that decision.

Posted April 26, 2011

If you want a great balance of education, religion and a caring yet disciplined enviornment- this school is incredible! My son has gone here for 2 years and it was highly recommended by his previous school, Mt Olive. The leadership is great, teachers wonderful at every level and the cost is dollars a day for what your child is receiving. It's an amazing character builder and I can feel great about where he is going every day!

Posted March 15, 2011

I have two kids at this school. They have exceptional teachers and the new principal is superb. The middle school is rated in the top 15% in the nation for every subject! It also got an A+ rating from the accreditation committee. There is competitive sports beginning in 4th grade, Spanish, P.E., computers, art and many other specials that sound like they may be eliminated from public schools. I highly recommend this school if you are looking for a top-rated school with all the extras and outstanding leadership.

Posted November 28, 2010

My kids have been going to school here for three years. We love the school and think it is doing a superior job of teaching them both academically and spiritually.

Posted June 24, 2009

I think I'd always vote for more Spanish lessons and half-a-day every day computer learning [to address previous reviewers] but schools do have a state quote to follow, ya know? What's really surprised me about PWC is the sports program. 5th-6th grade basketball won 1st in one tourny and 3rd in another 2009-2009 and all the coaches in the other schools were competitive but yet 'civil' if you know what I mean. Sometimes it's the things you don't expect that make sending your kid to a school like PWC totally worth while. Even in a down economy where we should probably be hoarding our money away, we choose PWC. And, we won't regret it in the future.

Posted April 29, 2007

I attended Peace with Christ for close to 5 years. It seemed like a great school at the time, as we were told that we were being educated at a higher level than students at public schools. But when I arrived in high school, I found my freshmen year to be very overwhelming. I was placed in all honors classes. I excelled in math and science, but I struggled a lot in English. I realized when I got to high school that I had not learned at all how to organize an essay. Also, I found that the transition from the small school setting to a very large high school campus was hard. It seems very overwhelming so i would recommend to only send your students there if you plan to send them to a private high school as well.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 3, 2007

Love the Christian and religious aspect. Parents who complain about too much religion should read the name of the school again. It is called Peace with Christ Christian School and supported by a LCMS Lutheran Church. If you do not like religion - go public.

Posted August 18, 2006

My son has gone to PWCCS since pre-school, he has received an excellent education both in academics and Christianity. This year he will be starting keyboarding and will continue to learn Spanish which he was able to use on vacation.

Posted August 6, 2006

My oldest son graduated from PWC and is doing excellent at Regis High. Younger son is still at Peace. Great school, caring teachers, but the religion is a little overpowering. Spanish in lower grades? I expected more than videos 3x/week. Computer education? I wanted more on how to work with the computer than hand-me-down computers and donated games. Teachers don't know the computer and can't teach it! Like ALL schools it has its' good points and bad. I would like more emphasis on technology and less on religion, but overall it's alot better than the local public school system. I am very happy with Peace, but not ecstatic!

Posted July 18, 2006

I cannot begin to say enough with how pleased we are with our decision to send our daughter here. Class sizes are small, opportunities are many and the Christian emphasis and atmosphere is phenomenal. Surpassed our expectations!

Posted November 18, 2004

This school provides our son with a quality education in a christian environment. He has a wonderful, caring teacher who keeps us well informed. He is excited to go to school every day.

Posted June 21, 2004

Wonderful school with caring teachers! We are very happy & glad we chose to send our 3 sons here. You only have one chance, & your choice will be their future! We could not afford not to send them here!!

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• David Robinson
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious