Dakota Valley Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2014
We are new students to the school and have never been shown or told anything unless we have asked. It is a shame my daughter dislikes it here so much. The communication from the principle to parents is awful. They are disorganized , do not listen to the request of parents and the lack of Parent involvement is because of the lack of communication. They PTCO cannot even get back to you and when they do they have to ask three other people for an answer. We weren't even told how the calendar works, the lunch schedule or even where to find it. It is by far the worst I have seen. Something needs to change

Posted December 03, 2012
My daughter, now in 5th grade, has attended Dakota Valley since 1st grade. I could not be happier with this school, it is truely wonderful. Every single teach has been a star, I can not say how thankful that my daughter has had this school for her formative years. She is an excellent student, well rounded, and truely loves learning. I know I cannot capture in words how truely excellent this school is, but if you put a high priority on learning; challenging your student in a supportive environment, this is the school for you. My daughter has been involved in their Gifted and Talented program, the CLASS program (encouraging understanding of multiculturalism), the band, and Battle of the Books club. There are many ways for students to be engaged

Dakota Valley Elementary School 2

Posted November 29, 2011
Moved here in Sept. 2006, had to wait until my daughter's first grade class tracked back on in Oct. 2006. This school didn't take the time to identify my daughter as G&T until April. A long frustrating two trimesters that were a terrible repeat of Kindergarten. We couldn't get her out of there fast enough. I understand that you have to teach the kids who don't get it yet, but this school left many kids to sit and get super bored to the point of hating school. Quite a few of us left DV after that year and moved to other CCSD school where we were much happier. You may not agree with this, but this was our experience along with others in our class. The outside buildings really separate the kids from everyone. There was no parent involvement. Myself and one mom were the only volunteers all year. Sad.

Posted August 15, 2011
To the parent that posted in 12/2010 that Dakota Valley did not offer children the learning foundation they needed to be life-long learners and successful citizens? All three of my children are attending, or have attended, Dakota Valley. All three have also tested in the 97% on the CSAPs, and have continually performed above and beyond in all of their classes. To say the school as a whole is failing our children is absolutely ridiculous, as my children thrive there. (One of which is now in Middle School and maintaining honor role status every semester, and looking at a scholarship for a High School program). Perhaps the fit was not well for you and your children, but to say you fear for our future, because these children are going to Dakota Valley? That is absolutely ludicrous.

Posted February 07, 2011
We searched for a school for a while before moving here. We have 2 kids that would be transferring grade schools. We have been at Dakota Valley for a month and our kids have adjusted very well thanks to the friendly teachers. One of our children takes a while to warm up to a new routine but she came home from the first day of school saying "I love this school" What a big relief for us as parents. Thanks teachers for making them feel so welcome & comfortable!

Dakota Valley Elementary School 2

Posted December 30, 2010
Dakota Valley was our 2nd school in Cherry Creek School District and we left both DV and CCSD and went private for many legitimate reasons. Our feelings were not simply hurt, nor were our Children s feelings. The problem with such a forum as this is it does not allow for complete reviews with tangible evidence being able to be supplied. My husband and I both have EXCELLENT graduate-level educations and very successful careers and neither CCSD nor DV lived up to our standards or the standards that every child deserves in education. To sum our experiences with them up, CCSD and DV did not give our children the learning foundation they needed to be life-long learners and successful citizens in the myriad of situations they could face in life. BEWARE of DV and the Cherry Creek mystique. If CCSD is the best school district in Colorado and DV is one of the top-rated elementary schools in CCSD, I fear for Colorado s future.

Posted October 14, 2010
My 3 children have attended/are attending DV. I appreciate the gifted & talented program with Ms. Grinrod (sp?) and the fact that the teachers make sure to send G&T students to push them. It was always a concern that my kids would get bored and then start to slack, but that has never been the case. My only concern has been the turnover in the Principal's over the last 5 years, but I do realize things change, people move on and the new principal seems good. Let's hope this school continues on to remain strong.

Posted May 25, 2010
We just moved to the area from IL back in December so our children didn't start @ Dakota Valley until the end of January. I have to say that the teachers, staff & students helped to make their transition smooth. Everyone was so welcoming. Both of our children love their teachers and are doing well. They've both made some wonderful friends. When we knew we'd be moving across country I spent hours researching different areas and school districts. Once we stumbled upon Cherry Creek Schools, namely Dakota Valley Elementary - we then found a house which would allow us to send our kids there. Best decision we could've made. We also love the year round calendar. We weren't sure how we'd feel about that having come from a traditional calendar - but it's great.

Dakota Valley Elementary School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
The teachers and staff are awesome. They really do care about every student and do their best so every student succeeds. They have such a passion for teaching. You can tell by how they care and how much the students love school.

Dakota Valley Elementary School 0

Posted October 14, 2009
This school is great and we have just seen our daughter excel! She is so excited to get up everyday and go to school. Not too mention her teacher is awesome and is very much engaged with us on her progress. I would though however, have to agree that the front office staff is not very attentive nor do they greet you when you arrive to ask a question, etc.

Dakota Valley Elementary School
3950 South Kirk Way, Aurora, CO  80013
Last modified Dakota Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dakota Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top