Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (4 responses)

Posted March 27, 2016
We were unsure of the charter program when we enrolled in the lottery system at AACS. When we got in however, we were thrilled since the public schools in our neighborhood had very low test scores. Since August, our kids love school, their teachers and their friends. My son is in keyboarding and learning things I never knew how to do and my daughter is on the honor roll and reads all the time. We said we would give it a year and see how they did, we will be back next year for sure! Only wish they had a high school too.

Posted January 15, 2016
I have worked at this school for over 10 years. What brings me back every day, now with my son, is not convenience, but a deeply held belief in the strength of our community. We are dedicated to rigorous curriculum, employ capable and compassionate support staff, demand accountability and professionalism at every level, and I have never worked with a more capable and passionate group of teachers. I trust my colleagues with the most precious thing in my life and feel truly blessed to be a part of this school.

Posted January 08, 2016
I have two children attending AACS, the oldest for five years, my youngest for two. I have nothing to say but great things about this school. My oldest struggled in Kindergarten with reading. The school has wonderful support staff that worked with him on a daily basis and brought him up to grade level. Now, four years later he is reading at a grade level three years above where he is at! Both kids love going to school and their teachers! Their teachers are supportive and are great at communicating with me. Each family does have to complete volunteer hours and I love this idea. The teachers welcome me into their classroom and I am never at a loss on how to complete my hours. Loretta does a great job plugging parents into this school to complete their volunteer time. She works with parents who are working full time and not able to come during the day. AACS treats us like family and I know my kids matter. I know they are coming to a safe and loving environment when I drop them off.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted January 07, 2016
Gina in the office is the glue that holds this school together. Raffaela is the health para and helps in the office, she does an outstanding job as well.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 07, 2016
These teachers stay after school and tutor for students that are not on grade level. These teachers have students in their classroom during their lunch hour to make sure they are understanding the content.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 07, 2016
My son has homework every night. I think that is fair since we are preparing him to go to high school and then college. Building the expectation of homework is best done at a young age so they are prepared for what is coming next.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted January 07, 2016
Students are not let off the hook when they do not do their homework. Students have to go to Soar Academy as well as Homework Workshop if they do not turn in their homework.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted January 07, 2016
This school has high expectations for all of their students. Students respecting teachers as well as their peers is a core virtue of this school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 07, 2016
The teachers go out of their way to make sure every student is supported to do their best. Students are together for a number of years and have been able to develop strong relationships with their peers.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 07, 2016
This school has a strong discipline policy and students understand the expectations. Students know that they are held accountable for their learning.

10251 East 1st Avenue, Aurora, CO  80010
Last modified Aurora Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.