Posted April 04, 2014
Aurora Academy Charter School (K -8) provides my children with a positive learning environment. My graduating eighth grader will be in honors classes in an Aurora Public Schools high school next year. The staff are outstanding, the faculty really care about the success of all students, and the parents' involvement enriches the sense of community. I think that the education and preparation they are receiving at Aurora Academy will serve them well as they move on in their education and throughout their lives. I have been impressed with the high quality academic, athletic, and extra curricular opportunities at Aurora Academy. I have seen my children grow as students and as responsible, intelligent, and caring members of a community. "Expect more, achieve more!"

Aurora Academy Charter School 1

Posted January 06, 2014
My son has attended this school two years. Parents are asked to volunteer but some parents become very involve to the point where they are teacher assistance and are they are the one's teaching and discipline the children. I disliked this because I am not sure if they are even qualified to take on this role but the school needs as much free help it can get. Also the students are not challenged enough, the teacher focuses on the children that need additional supports and ignores the other student. My son could count up to 1,000 when he started Kindergarten here but the assessment stated he could count up to 36. I figured the teacher or probably parent got tired of hearing him count and just wrote down 36. Also they focus on a Saxon learning that basically teaches kids to critically think which is fine but that's all they work on. The TCAPS scores began to decline after fourth grade because the students are never really learning the academic criteria they solely focus on critical thinking.

Posted December 22, 2013
this school i terrific .. every teacher teaches wonderful and they teach every school fairly . more than half of our school have a 4.0 gpa or higher ... expect more achieve more is for u s... we strive own it achieve and respect (soar) .. bring your kids here they will love it

Posted June 20, 2013
i love my school. I was behind when i came in 1st grade now i'm a better reader and the staff/teachers took time to help me and i love them for that!

Posted September 21, 2012
We have 2 children in this school for the past 5 years. I volunteer every week in the classroom and my husband is a Cub Scout den leader. We LOVE this school. Academics are outstanding, but more than that, the staff is entirely supportive of what makes the best learning environment for your child. I have had zero negative experiences thus far (we were going to homeschool but got in one week before school started so went with Aurora Academy instead). We have never regretted it.

Posted May 21, 2011
i used to go to this school and its the most amazing school. the teachers are very dedicated and many have been teaching for years. theres also an avrege about 50 kids per grade so everyone knows everyone. parents are greatly involved in this school so if u are a parent you have to be willing to make a commitment. this is not like any other charter school it develops your child into a great leader and the ability to make strong choices. theres many sports teams that often recieve some of the highest reputations. their music and art programs have award winning bands. the corriculum is unlike any other where all of the kids learn extremely well and are so advanced compared school. its more affective to enrole your child at a younger grade at this school because of the revisiting and the building or the knoledge that develops at a young age. this is more than the avrege school because the students are more like family and the teachers are so dedicated to their students sometimes on a personal level and willing to make a great commitment and really relate to any child team building and bonding is also practiced.. any one who goes here is guarenteed to succeed in high school and in life

Posted May 17, 2011
My twins are finishing their third year at this school and we have been happy with the school from day one and will continue their education with Aurora Academy. We have been very pleased with the high level of education they have received and their excitement for learning. If there ever has been an issue it is quickly resolved in a professional manner. The parents are highly involved, and although this can be challenging to fulfill the required volunteer hours with two younger children at home, there are inumerable opportunities to fulfill your hours and I love how this creates a great parent-teacher relationship and evan my sons' fellow students are happy to see me. I agree whole-heartedly with the previous comment regarding the school motto...."expect more, acheive more" ....the perfect definition of this school, its high level of education, staff, parent involvement, and student acheivement and respect. Need I say more!! My only complaint....having to drive 20 minutes for lack of a better school nearby!!

Posted November 17, 2010
Aurora Academy provides a challenging curriculum and the staff is focused on helping each student succeed. This school gave my two sons a big jump start when they went to high school. The staff is professional, and the parents are dedicated to the program. My niece and nephews are now going to Aurora Academy and each of their families have been very happy with this school.

Aurora Academy Charter School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
I love Aurora Academy and my kids do too. They have both achieved high grades than a traditional public school.

Aurora Academy Charter School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
I love the Core Knowledge Curriculum. The parent involvement is outstanding. The teachers are dedicated and work hard for less pay than most districts offer. We are a school with a lot of heart!

Aurora Academy Charter School
10251 East 1st Ave, Aurora, CO  80010
Last modified Aurora Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aurora Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top