Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Aurora Academy is a fantastic school. The staff genuinely care for the success and welfare of all of their students. They have a great community & are extremely welcoming to parents in their school.

I brought my granddaughter to AACS for third grade and was pleasantly surprised at how much more quality education she received. She will definitely be attending for fourth grade. The teachers and staff are wonderful and are very approachable with any concerns I might have.

We were unsure of the charter program when we enrolled in the lottery system at AACS. When we got in however, we were thrilled since the public schools in our neighborhood had very low test scores. Since August, our kids love school, their teachers and their friends. My son is in keyboarding and learning things I never knew how to do and my daughter is on the honor roll and reads all the time. We said we would give it a year and see how they did, we will be back next year for sure! Only wish they had a high school too.

I have worked at this school for over 10 years. What brings me back every day, now with my son, is not convenience, but a deeply held belief in the strength of our community. We are dedicated to rigorous curriculum, employ capable and compassionate support staff, demand accountability and professionalism at every level, and I have never worked with a more capable and passionate group of teachers. I trust my colleagues with the most precious thing in my life and feel truly blessed to be a part of this school.

I have two children attending AACS, the oldest for five years, my youngest for two. I have nothing to say but great things about this school. My oldest struggled in Kindergarten with reading. The school has wonderful support staff that worked with him on a daily basis and brought him up to grade level. Now, four years later he is reading at a grade level three years above where he is at! Both kids love going to school and their teachers! Their teachers are supportive and are great at communicating with me. Each family does have to complete volunteer hours and I love this idea. The teachers welcome me into their classroom and I am never at a loss on how to complete my hours. Loretta does a great job plugging parents into this school to complete their volunteer time. She works with parents who are working full time and not able to come during the day. AACS treats us like family and I know my kids matter. I know they are coming to a safe and loving environment when I drop them off.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

These teachers stay after school and tutor for students that are not on grade level. These teachers have students in their classroom during their lunch hour to make sure they are understanding the content.

Amount of homework: Agree

My son has homework every night. I think that is fair since we are preparing him to go to high school and then college. Building the expectation of homework is best done at a young age so they are prepared for what is coming next.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school has a strong discipline policy and students understand the expectations. Students know that they are held accountable for their learning.

Aurora Academy has been a wonderful school to be in. The teachers are beyond helpful and are truly dedicated to the success of all of the students. The students receive intervention every day in whatever subject they need help in. This school does not let children fail and then do something. This school has a proactive approach that supports students to do their very best at every moment. The main reason we came to Aurora Academy Charter School, the principal. The principal is a real person, she knows all of the families personally and is personally invested in all of her students academic success. I have seen her many times stop and ask students, "are you happy in the school?" She really wants to know how the kids feel about the school. The principal finds ways to support each student to be successful. This school has been exactly what our family was looking for. My son has been very happy at Aurora Academy Charter School and as a parent I could not have asked for anything more.

I have two children at AACS and absolutely love this school. My oldest son started at AACS his 5th grade year after our neighbors recommended this school to us. Up until attending AACS my son had terrible experiences with school. He has grown so much in his 4 years at AACS; academically, and personally. There is such a strong sense of community here, and every child feels comfortable being themselves. My youngest son started here as a kindergartner, and looks forward to coming to school every day. He would rather be at school than home on vacation. Both of my kids have made great friends, and have had such amazing support from the entire staff. AACS is a small community that opens their arms to everyone that enters. I couldn't ask for a better place for my boys to get an education.

Last modified Aurora Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.