Aurora, CO

Posted May 08, 2014
Fox Hollow has been a wonderful school for both my children (grades K and 2.) We could not be happier with the quality of teachers my children have had. Fox Hollow offers wonderful specials ; including STEM and technology and lots of parental involvement. We feel very lucky to be part of this school community!

Posted November 29, 2013
We are relocating, but I thought I would leave a good review of Fox Hollow before we leave. We have had 3 children who have attended Fox Hollow and we have been in the community since the year it started. Our youngest is in fourth grade and the rest are long moved on from Fox Hollow, they all enjoyed Fox Hollow very much. The teachers at this school are very caring and you can tell they want the best for their students. The specials program is amazing. Ms. Schulte, who has been teaching music at Fox Hollow since it opened, has been a favorite among all of my kids. You can tell she has some really fun, hands on activities to teach music. I always feel right at home whenever I visit Fox Hollow and I love helping out in class. My daughter was very behind when she entered first grade, having not gone to kindergarten, but was put in special classes with other kids at her level and by the time she was in 3rd grade, you would have never known she was behind. If you are contemplating having you child attend this school don't think twice! It is a fantastic school with fantastic teachers. I am sad to leave behind this wonderful community.

Posted November 24, 2013
I would just like to clear some things up as some of these reviews appear to have a blurred idea what is happening with this school. D track (The smallest track before it was removed) was removed not because families were opting for charter schools or the new catholic school down the road, but because many students are moving on to middle and high school and their families are staying in their houses in The Farm (The neighborhood this school is located in), making this school's number of students go down, eliminating the need for D track. From what I understand, they are moving to a traditional schedule to save money. They would not be making class sizes go up if it weren't for the benefit of the students in the long run by having more money to spend. The principal did no "allow" students from a failing school to come to Fox Hollow. Village East did not meet the standard on their CSAP scores and parents were allowed to make a decision whether they wanted to stay at Village East, or go to Fox Hollow; Not the principal's decision. While the principal may have made some seemingly odd decisions, I would say they were for the better. The new art teacher gained, Ms. Zeman, is FANTASTIC!

Posted July 26, 2013
I have 2 kids in Fox Hollow, a 5th grader and a 2nd grader. I have been involved in the PTO and the classroom for several years and have to say that my experience and my kids' experiences have been nothing but wonderful. We have had the greatest teachers who challenge the kids, but are very supportive. I have not had any negative experiences with administration. I love the new "Leader in Me" program that has been implemented at the school. Our neighborhood is lucky to have such an excellent school. But, like anything-it isn't for everyone, so fortunately there are choices for people if it isn't a good fit for them.

Fox Hollow Elementary School 1

Posted May 01, 2013
Unfortunately this school is hopeless as long as the district insists on allowing the current administration to remain in control. One of the reasons they are removing D Track is that the Catholic church up the street is opening a school and neighborhood families are opting to go there and many other families are opting for magnet and charter schools. Good families are leaving in droves. I have had at least one child in this school for the last 10 years. The principal has driven away all the good teachers and behavioral issues go unchecked. My youngest will be in 5th grade next year, but I have found another school, like many of my friends. Very sad considering how great the school once was just 5 or 6 years ago. The district should be ashamed of how they have let this school go downhill.

Fox Hollow Elementary School 2

Posted April 20, 2013
It's official- 30+ kids per classroom next year. We are losing one track next year and they are shoving all of those kids into the remaining classes. Even the best teachers (those who won't lose their jobs, that is!) will be overwhelmed. Pathetic. Who plans this?

Fox Hollow Elementary School 2

Posted April 03, 2013
I have to agree with the recent posts that our school is getting worse every year. We have had some great teachers over the last 2 years but now it seems like every year is in transition. I am not sure I am willing to waste another year while teachers are getting used to figuring out a routine. I have a had issues with bullying with my son and It just doesn't seem to be getting any better. The principal is terrible and doesn't seem to be very concerned that things are on the decline. We are looking for a new home in the next year before my kids really end up being miserable..

Fox Hollow Elementary School 1

Posted February 11, 2013
My son has ADHD been n school 2 yrs. last school A's & B's most turned around student. Fox hollow has been a night mare. Bullied, failing grades, nothing put in the planer, no graded work sent home. Son gets hit with sticks. Not only have I, other parents and my daughter has gone to school to address and nothing happens. Teacher states meds do not work at home he is fine infact he is very comm. I have switched meds only for the teacher to say last meds better. In 2 years, 3 different meds. Now I refuse to change again. Teacher calls everyday I have called school told them to have her stop calling my phone while I am working. Talking to teacher or assist prince all they want to do is talk about his meds not any other issue. They are not dr. I am currently looking to switch schools cause the things that are needing to be address aren t and my son has been suffering from depression and has gotten to wear he does not even like going to school anymore. He uses to love school. It hurts to see my son so hurt, upset and not getting the attention a student deserves.

Fox Hollow Elementary School 3

Posted June 07, 2012
I have a child who has attended this school for 2 years now (we moved from out of state). While I find some teachers to be extremely great, we had a bad year last year, where the teacher was overwhelmed by the class. This was due to many trouble students being placed on the same track instead of dispersed throughout the tracks. In addition, the administration did not support this teacher when they requested additional assistance, including behavioral improvement plans. Fast forward to this year and now the teachers are dealing with additional students from an out of community area who are wrecking havoc and causing emotional and physical (yes, physical) abuse on children who belong to this school's neighborhood and the teachers are not getting support from administration. Weekly, my child is being bullied, but the administration turns a blind eye to it, or punishments are not effective enough to warrant change. Several parents have elevated complaints to the teachers then to the administration. The teachers have their hands tied (or are doing the best they can) and the administration is ignoring claims. Bottom line - teachers are great, administration is poor.

Posted April 07, 2012
We are so lucky to be in the Fox Hollow Community. We have a son with special learning needs and some behavioral concerns. I love the way that he has learned from mistakes and is being helped educationally. He is really come a long way and I know most of that is due to the wonderful teachers and special ed staff. His third grade teacher is amazing and truly cares about my son as if it were her own. It is hard to believe some of the negative comments posted in earlier dates! You would really never know that our enrollment is high because the students seem to thrive! My daughter is in Kindergarten and getting the support and love that she needs from the wonderful C Track teacher. They are really on top of it at Fo Hollow! The PTO is wonderful along with all of the parents. We are lucky to live in such a wonderful and supportive community!

Fox Hollow Elementary School
6363 South Waco St, Aurora, CO  80016
Last modified Fox Hollow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fox Hollow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top