Aurora, CO
Students enrolled: 1,075

Posted March 24, 2015
Horrible school my daughter is in the sixth grade and has complained about kids in the seventh and eighth grade bulling her on the bus all year. She is failing math and has asked her teacher to help her and is told the only option is to stay after school even when she does she feels like she still doesn't understand the materials. Yesterday she was beat up by the girl who was bulling her and my daughter got suspended for three days along with the other child even though the saw on a video that the other girl hit my daughter first. My daughter is now terrified to get on the bus and the the school sad all but oh well deal with it I will be looking for another school next year. If you can don't go to this school I moved to this side of town to keep my kids from these type or situations my daughter has been in thia district for six years now and I just want to move now.

Liberty Middle School 4

Posted January 27, 2015
I am an eighth grader at Liberty and Liberty has gotten so much better than when my older sibling went to this school. I remember her telling me about kids smoking all the time, regular suspensions, but now that I've gotten to experience it for 3 years, I've discovered it's nothing like that. Sure there are still some kids who do that stuff out of school but since the new principal, the school has improved greatly. I was bullied here in sixth grade but I haven't been since. The teachers in the AIM program are amazing and they all care on how you do in class and will help if asked. I took off one star for some core and elective teachers who didn't help me at all, especially one teacher in the Spanish department(senor. Kaye), and the terrible work done for scheduling next year's classes.

Liberty Middle School 3

Posted December 10, 2014
This school is suckes a lot and the teachers don't care about the students and don't get me started on the deans,they don't care about the bullying going on and they sweep everything under the rug.If go here Transfer now

Liberty Middle School 2

Posted May 07, 2014
This has been one of the most disappointing experiences of my life. I am an 8th grader at liberty. In 6th grade, I was in an advanced class with 7th graders. They were disruptive and yelled foul language in the middle of class and our teacher was gone for more than half of the year. I reported the other students behavior to the deans office and no one was called down and the behavior was never stopped or even recognized. In 7th and 8th grade, I had a different math teacher who has managed to make my experience here even worse than it already was with bullying. Over these 2 years, she has though me nothing and gives tests and quizzes on things we have yet to learn because "one of the standards is to struggle." Both the school and district are aware of this, but nothing has changed. Not only has the math been deprived but now all advanced programs are suffering. I have suffered so much though the past 3 years . The only thing that has slightly helped were some of the aim teachers I've had. If you or your child's focus is math, please find an alternative but if you want to focus on language and can deal with bullying, this school might just work for you.

Liberty Middle School 5

Posted April 11, 2014
I am an 8th grader at Liberty this year and honestly, this school has changed so much in the past few years while I have been here. When I was in 6th grade, it was 'OK' because the education was not at its apex but comparing 6th and 8th, I have learned so much from this school. I am also part of the AIM program and have loved it. Its way of teaching the students to analyze and actually think is amazing because it really challenges the student. The deans do actually handle all of the problems correctly, in fact all of administration does! The teachers are friendly, do their job, and have great techniques to bolster the students in their studies.

Liberty Middle School 5

Posted March 12, 2014
I'm a student at Liberty Middle school. This is the best school you can possibly go to. The students are so nice, the teachers are the best, and the school is very clean. You will make friends in no time. There are certain groups to hang in, but if you find the right group, you'll feel right at home. The kids here are smart, and they always get above at least a 2.5.

Liberty Middle School 3

Posted November 18, 2013
I was a little disappointed to hear about over 20 students smoking hookah pens with nicotine in them under their hoodies in class. I was further disappointed when I learned most of them got no more than a one day suspension. I don't think the deans office does enough to take corrective action. Other than this I think Liberty is a pretty good school and my son has enjoyed his time there.

Liberty Middle School 2

Posted August 13, 2013
I really hate this school. I am going into 8th grade and let me tell you, liberty middle school is horrible! I wish I could transfer schools. There are some pretty mean people out there and teachers barely even teach! I registered for a full year elective and never got it so I was pretty angry! Now I nothing to forward to for the whole day!!!!! Transfer schools while you still have the chance!!!!

Posted June 13, 2013
I went here for 6th grade... Let me tell you this school SUCKED I was bullied EVERYDAY! One day people told me I should go kill myself and latter that day I tried committing suicide I couldn't handle all o this bullying! The teacher don't pay attention they pay more attention to a stupid dress code they don't look for any bullying I went to counciling a few times but I noticed they could care LESS about anyone's problems this school has left scars on me and I'm actually a boy... Yeah boys cut, try committing suicide, and yes boys have problems! I would never NEVER recommend this school to ANYONE!

Posted June 06, 2013
i would not recommend this school. ever since i came here, i have felt incecure, their is tons of bullying at this school. even the pretty nice girld and boys get hate. plus since i came here, my grades have dropped. before i came here i was a regular 'A' and 'B' student. im not anymore. the staff is lazy,the deans could honestly care less about your problems. when i had my phone stolen, the did nothing to try and find who took it. the teachers only try to help the kids that are above average. and when you arent? well, you fail. they put on a nice face when they talk to your parents, but when they are gone, they are mean as can be. i would not go to this school

Liberty Middle School
21500 East Dry Creek Rd, Aurora, CO  80016
Last modified Liberty Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top