Aurora, CO
Students enrolled: 2,451

Posted February 27, 2015
We love this school! Great teachers and staff. Parents also care, which makes a huge difference.

Cherokee Trail High School 1

Posted February 03, 2015
Moved into the school district from Texas. Yes, the school is diverse and yes, the kids seem to be nice, but I want good role models in the teachers and coaches that spend the majority of the day with my child. This school is out of control. The admin are just figureheads and certain coaches/teachers are allowed to do as they please and address kids and parents as they wish. We were warned that we should reconsider our choice from two other families that moved into Texas from CTHS ...we decided to try it anyway, and they were spot on. We are transferring our child to a school that puts kids first. Can't get out of here fast enough.
5 people found this helpful

Posted September 27, 2014
My Junior and Sophomore boys go here. They could have gone to Regis but chose CT. I was worried about the size and academics, but they are both thriving. My son said this morning there is really no bullying that he has seen, and both boys seem to have great diversity of friends. Good school spirit at games etc., I would like to see better test scores and college readiness a priority.

Cherokee Trail High School 3

Posted June 23, 2014
This school wasn t for me. I transferred my kids to another district. Many parents complain on how the athletics are facilitated and nothing is ever done. So I just took my tax dollars elsewhere. To each his own. Education is a package. Kids deserve a good academic experience and that would include academics and athletics. Both aspects work together.

Posted April 08, 2014
I recently left this school due to relocating cross-country, and I must say I had no idea how fortunate I was when I was attending Cherokee Trail. Not only are the students forward thinking and generally friendly, the teachers have some of the brightest minds I've seen, and they actually interact and spur intellectual discussions that can bring out the best in people; something I no longer see in my new school. I was privileged to go for two of my High School years, and without a doubt I would've loved to go for all four of them.

Posted March 19, 2014
This school is the best. There are no cliques and everybody is friendly. Even if you are a new student, you find a group of friends almost immediately. Plus, it offers higher level classes such as IB, AP, and honors. There is an extremely wide range of club and sports that you can participate in. They are even building a new wing for the school and a greenhouse! But some things that aren't great is the amount of traffic, both outside (cars) and inside (people in the hallways). We have so many people but that makes the school really diverse. I love this school! :)

Posted March 14, 2014
Not sure what that parent is complaining about trails has been a great school .My niece's had a great education at C.T.. and so did my nephew's .Now as for my daughter graduated from trails with 3.8 in 2011 my son in 2012 with 3.5 G.P.A. So check yourself A parent about how you judge the school. Now I have a freshmen at the school and it is going very good. Both my kids that graduated have received scholarships and great teaching from the staff to lead them to higher places in life and in school So i give all the teaching staff my salute and gratitude for all there hard work. That includes all the coaches as well takes alot of time. M dedication to have a great school like CT. To have success thank you all. @A PARENT IF YOU AINT HAPPY THEN TAKE YOUR HAPPY WALKING SELF DOWN T BBC E STREET TO GRANDVIEW GET MY DRIFT.

Posted February 12, 2014
I have attended CT since my freshman year and am now a senior! I love Cherokee Trail and would not be the well rounded person I am today without awesome teachers, coaches, and faculty! I have taken AP classes since my sophomore year and have absolutely nothing bad to say about the program. Teachers are always there for support and extra help if needed! Also athletics are awesome!:) GO COUGARS!!!

Cherokee Trail High School 1

Posted January 10, 2014
This school has been a disappointment. Don t get me wrong, this school does have some great teachers, but the administrative staff is full of hot air. All concerns or issues are deflected and covered up. There is a reason why schools like Cherry Creek and Grandview are successful. They have the right people in the right positions. CT seriously needs new leadership. DON T SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE.
4 people found this helpful

Posted November 05, 2013
Cherokee Trail has so many amazing teachers and programs, it has everything a student would want! Both my sister and I were named National Merit Scholars and we had very different strengths and interests. There are programs for all levels, and with IB and AP classes, Musicals, sports, Science & Math clubs, Speech and Debate, and Tech Students Assoc. we were both able to complete at state and national conferences multiply times. I am grateful to all the school offered us both and how it supported both our paths.

Cherokee Trail High School
25901 Arapahoe Parkway, Aurora, CO  80016
(720) 886-1900
Last modified Cherokee Trail High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherokee Trail High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top