Aurora, CO
Students enrolled: 1,234

Thunder Ridge Middle School 2

Posted January 11, 2014
There are some great teachers & staff that work at this school. I rate this school low due to a few reasons. One is inadequate student teacher ratios. The other is lack of knowledge on how to educate post cancer kids. There are more kids surviving cancer so this school needs to get up to pace for special needs kids.

Thunder Ridge Middle School 3

Posted July 30, 2013
I have been a student of this school all three of my middle school years. Personally, most teachers are amazing and there are many clubs and ways to get involved in the school. My only problem and my biggest problem is the bullying. There are cliques all over the school and everyone who goes to the school knows that they are either the popular group or the loser group. Unfortunately, I was considered a loser all 3 years and was mistreated by many of the popular people. What hurts the most is these kids don't even realize what they do to their peers. I never felt welcome to the school by the students and I have been shoved in lockers, even, without the teachers noticing while they are in the same hallway as I. The students do get a talk about drugs and weapons and bullying, however, they continue to do it behind the adults' backs and the adults continue not to notice. Even if something is reported to the counselors or teachers, the problem never seems to go away. I now enter high school not confident that I will make friends and terrified that my situation will get worse and carry on just as it did in middle school. I sort of recommend the school but please do be very careful.

Posted June 24, 2013
Lots of programs and extracurricular activities. My kid feels safe at school. Could be a little better at informing parents of happenings.

Thunder Ridge Middle School 1

Posted April 29, 2013
As a past student of this school, I can honestly say that this school is the worst school of all time. Being bullied is always an issue, and if you don't fit in with the other students, you can expect to be bullied.

Posted April 07, 2013
As a current student (eighth grade) of Thunder Ridge, I can truly say that this is a great school. The teachers here are extremely passionate about their jobs, and it shows. They offer every core class in an advanced form with the Pre-AP program. I don't dislike very many people at this school. We are a tightly knit community and are very tolerant. Also, they offer many extracurricular programs that can relate to anybody. I love it here at Thunder Ridge, and next year, I will be very prepared for Eaglecrest, and I am ecstatic about that as well. I think you should definitely consider Thunder Ridge as a school, for it can help people of any learning level, and you will never be friend-less in this caring community.

Thunder Ridge Middle School 1

Posted March 18, 2013
There is way to much bulling going on at this school! The Staff does nothing about it either! Besides punishing the kid that is being bullied! They want to keep their record clean! Instead of dealing with the problem! I know of several kids that were bullied and nothing was done! Instead of dealing with the problem kids they put one kid in a room for protection during lunch and he had to walk with teachers in the halls instead of dealing with the bullies. what kind of school is this???

Posted March 04, 2013
My daughter is wraping up 8th grade at TRMS, and as a parent I could not be happier with the care and education that she has gotten there. Every teacher she has had has been easy to work with, and excelent in their subject area. She has been given the skills and the confidence to enter high school totally prepared. We are sad to have her leave next year for high school, but thrilled to have our son start in the 6th gade. Great teachers, dedicated administration, and fantastic families. This is the kind of school where you can feel great about sending your kids.

Posted July 23, 2012
I am going into my 8th grade year at Thunder Ridge and I can't wait for the year to start! There are so many great after-school programs that are fun and many are educational. The teachers are nice and are very focused on getting you where you need to be to succeed. I'm sorry that this will be my last year, I just don't want to leave!

Thunder Ridge Middle School 4

Posted July 09, 2012
I am currently going into my 8th grade year at Thunder Ridge. The school has been standing for many years, and I am very satisfied by its teachers and other staff members. On one hand, the food could be better, but I definitely recommend it.

Posted April 25, 2012
I love this school I love the staff and students they are all kind and sweet I think the teacher amazing because they always have a fun entertaining way to Learn.i love the gym teachers and the fun activitys they have for us I am curantly in 6th grade and can't wait for another school year to start!!!!!!!!!! I recommand this school if you want your child to be safe and happy!!!!!!!!!!

Thunder Ridge Middle School
5250 South Picadilly St, Aurora, CO  80015
Last modified Thunder Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thunder Ridge Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top