Aurora, CO

Posted August 27, 2015
The schooling was why I was there in the first place. I graduated in 1990 and was Valley Victorian of five other girls who also graduated the high school there. I learned with excellent teachers there and helped out with setting up new courses with the principal at that time.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 27, 2015
I do not know what the teachers are like now, since there are new teachers and a new Principal. If they were good when I attended there, I am sure they are still effective now.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 27, 2015
In my opinion, the homework was not enough for everyone. Most of the girls had no or little homework. If a school is going to be year round, there should be year round homework.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted August 27, 2015
I put neutral only because I myself, graduated the program and graduated the school in 1990. As for the other girls that attended school there, I do not know what happened for them. I just know what happened when I attended the school there. In my opinion the school helped me in every way possible.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted August 27, 2015
Yes, I feel as the school developed respect in the girls who attended the school there.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted August 27, 2015
The teachers that taught there at Excelsior High School, did show they cared for their students. And, for the students to learn self worthy and show compassion back.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 27, 2015
The teachers in the school system that taught there wanted to teach the students with every effort for you to learn. If you had a problem, they were there to help in any way possible. They were always learning new ways for the girls to learn the subjects.

Posted January 25, 2014
i went from 2009-10 and the schooling was fine, if you worked with the teacher and didn't mess around like most other did when i was there. have to take things seriously there and don't get distracted from what's being taught. when i was there though, there were some teachers that just had a bad day or something and brought it into the classroom and 'take it out' on the students. i hope that's better now though. other treatment there is the same thing, you have to work with it if you expect to get anything out of it. and taking it like a joke could be a huge mistake later down the line in your life if you don't take what you can from being there. when i was there there was a lot of people being laid off though :/ hope things are better now.

Posted July 21, 2013
I was placed in Excelsior by the courts from California. Although I hated it the entire time I was there it wasn't unhook years later that I actually gained an appreciation for my time spent there.

Excelsior Youth Center 5

Posted March 23, 2010
school looks and the staff are great

15001 East Oxford Avenue, Aurora, CO  80014
Last modified Excelsior Youth Center is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Excelsior Youth Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top