Aurora, CO

Arrowhead Elementary School 2

Posted October 29, 2014
Arrowhead Elementary falls very short in my opinion. My daughter started kindergarten at Mission Viejo Elementary and it was a great school environment! By comparison, Arrowhead is negative and disorganized. It's a really cute school but it's just a facade. She's now in 3rd grade. My son started at CCA for Kindergarten this year and is doing the SAME LEVEL math as my 3rd grader at Arrowhead. CCA uses Saxon Math instead of the Common Core garbage that our public non-charter schools have been "forced" to use. They need to stop worrying about qualifying for the free/reduced lunch subsides, etc. so they can focus on better curriculum. My kids eat cheese, meat, and PB&J sandwiches for lunch, which even those on welfare can afford. I am very disappointed with Arrowhead, especially after being at Mission with great teachers and an AWESOME principal. My daughter's teacher is sweet but stuck with a junky curriculum. I'm not impressed with the leadership at Arrowhead. It's very fake, full of lip service and an "I'm the boss!" attitude. It's time for a fresh principal. If your child (speaking for a friend) has and IEP, forget about any support regarding it! DO NOT go here if possible!

Posted August 19, 2014
Arrowhead is Awesome! The teachers are wonderful, caring, do above and beyond and really care about kids. Ok, sure, their test scores are not Awesome, but that is just one measure ! I have had 2 kids go through Arrowhead from Kindergarten through 5th grade and they have both loved the school. That is 12 different teachers who have all been awesome ! I don't understand why they have a rating so low, they really deserve an 8 or 9.

Arrowhead Elementary School 2

Posted April 13, 2014
Although there are a few amazing select teachers, the staff is overall crude, and seem to dislike children. If you can, avoid sending your children here. The positive reviews here have to be fake.

Posted October 31, 2011
This is the second year my kids have been to this school. I am extremely unhappy with the 5th grade teachers. They have this ridiculous system where they "mark down" the students for every little thing they do "bad." And they will mark them down for every little thing.. as if they expect these kids to be robots. Seems to me these teachers have quite the power trip going on. It destroys any enthusiasm that my child has for school. And it's gotten so ridiculous that I am going to be taking my kids out of this school as soon as possible. I don't care for their "system" and also don't appreciate teachers that like to humiliate their students in front of their peers.

Posted August 19, 2011
My son had been in Arrowhead since K & finally in the mid of his 5th grade yr we made the decision to pull him out & try out another school. I had asked ea of his teachers since 1st what I could do to help him since he was having trouble reading and his anxiety increased w/ just mentioning school, but he scored high in math & ea of Arrowhead's teachers told me not to worry and that he was just fine, but the anxiety he was facing was extreme his 5th grade year. We met w/ 2 of his teachers & the principal & still no help. Then we changed schools. Within 1 mo. they got him the help he needed & now he is doing great & he's happy.

Posted August 19, 2011
I have 2 kids w very different learning styles but both very well behaved. I also have been a parent that volunteers once a week since they were in K, but when I have asked for help with my son who has trouble I have been completely ignored. I have also been told that he has each year got the more than less desirable teachers because of his lower grades and that my son who excels got the best teachers because of his grades. He probably doesn't need those teachers as much as my son who has trouble, so this is a backward way of choosing & has only done more harm. You could help some trouble kids by giving them the best.

Posted April 22, 2011
Great school!!! They are beyond awesome! This has been the best school so far! The teachers are very caring at this school.

Posted March 22, 2011
I was nervous to move into arrowhead's boundaries, because of the scores, but have been nothing but extremely pleased with how well they respond to the concerns of the parents. Last year we were at a school that was rated a 9, but they didn't do a thing after visiting with them 4 times about my daughter's academic levels being ignored. -Extremely disappointed- But at arrowhead, they noticed my daughter's levels right away and have continued to evaluate her on a regular basis to make sure she is mentally challenged and not bored, therefore forcing her to act out because she's so bored! They also have help that comes into the classroom to work with those that excel and need more challenge, & those that struggle with understanding the basics. Bottom line, if you are a parent that cares, this is the perfect school, just keep close contact with your child's teacher whether your child needs to be pushed more or have their load lightened. Common sense here. Children shouldn't be frustrated, but if they are, the parents aren't doing their part like they should by either helping the child or letting the teacher know. Parents have a better ratio to child than teachers do, obviously.

Posted April 27, 2010
The teachers are very caring at this school. The students are all friendly and the parents are friendly as well. Eveyone is always willing to help each other out.

Arrowhead Elementary School 4

Posted February 12, 2009
My children have gone here for the past three years and have always had wonerful teachers. The teachers are attentive to students who are advanced and try to challenge them at their level. The G/T program is also very good. My son is in the advanced 3/4 grade class and has progressed very much this year. I don't think the scores and pure numbers do Arrowhead justice. More activities and parent involvement could help.

Arrowhead Elementary School
19100 East Bates Ave, Aurora, CO  80013
Last modified Arrowhead Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arrowhead Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top