No rating

Meadowood Christian School

Private | PK-8 | 95 students

We are wholly committed to your child's educational & spiritual development.

Living in Aurora

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $156,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,010.

Posted May 8, 2013

This school is now closed and should be removed from this website. It closed in June 2012.

Posted May 17, 2012

I really enjoy working at Meadowood. The teachers and staff are great and the parents are always very involved and committed to making it better year after year. What we lack in high budget buildings and equipment we make up for in determination and care for each student. It has been a great joy to see students return and share stories of their fond memories at Meadowood. We've even had parents bring students who were once students themselves 25yrs ago!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 16, 2012

My children have been at Meadowood for 5 years now and I couldn't thank the Lord enough for paving the way for them to continue their growth and education there. It has blown me away with the scripture they have learned and brings tears of joy to my eyes knowing God has placed them in the best place they can be. We are honored to call Meadowood our home and will do so until God tells us otherwise. It is worth the sacrifice of other things to place my children in a place where I know there spirtitual growth is as important as their educational growth.

Posted May 16, 2012

Our child attended Meadowood for four years and we had a terrible experience the last two years. Our child was bullied and then punished for it; the principal was unconcerned with any of our problems; our child's grades dropped dramatically and we were told that our child just isn't smart. We pulled our child from the school and found that our child was far behind the peers in public schools. All of the special classes disappeared, there was no computer class and not much of anything else. There are several other Christian schools in the area which are much better academically with a better environment for our child. Our child was absolutely thrilled when we decided on a different school this year. I would not recommend Meadowood to anyone and have actually discouraged parents looking at the school.

Posted May 16, 2012

Meadowood is a wonderful school. I have been able to bring my three boys there the last five years. I feel they have been truly loved there, and the teachers saw past their flaws, and taught them well, and truly cared for who they are.

Posted September 3, 2011

Meadowood is a great place. My children have always loved it there, and have progressed beyond my expectations academically. Teachers and staff are amazing!

Posted August 31, 2011

I have two children at MCS, one in 6th grade and one in 3rd grade. We visited many schools before enrolling at MCS and we've been very happy with the quality of education & value for the money. This school's staff makes amazing sacrifices to provide an incredible value in SAFE, bully-free, private, Christian education to Aurora families. I personally don't believe that grade school students need computers to learn reading, writing and arithmetic and I would not want my kids spending time on computers during school hours. P.S. - I love the new astro-turf field that the church donated for the kids playground...awesome!

Posted May 13, 2011

This school really needs to adhere to their own schedule they put out for the school year. It's very frustrating to have my childs "off" days constantly changed with little notice. Normal working people put in for their vacation time with their employers usually at the beginning of the year. Don't plan ahead if your child goes here. The classrooms are outdated and dirty, and where are the computers for the kids? Meadowood needs to spend some of that tuition money on new books, eduacational tools and a major facelift instead of new vehicles for the administration. They make constant mistakes with their billing as well. Keep on eye on what they're charging you parents! Overall very dissappointed with them. These parents who give them a great rating have not known what a quality school offers. Sorry people. Stay away from this place. There are many other Christian Schools that offer much more. Please look.

Posted April 8, 2011

My 4-year-old has attended MCS for the past year, and it has been a wonderful experience! Their curriculum has been wonderful and has allowed him to get prepared for kindergarten, both academically and emotionally. We work downtown all day, and their before and aftercare staff is incredible and has been very loving! Both the school and the B&A program teach the kids what they need to know as a whole person, spiritually, academically, socially, and emotionally. They truly care for each child and involve the parent, and it is comforting to know I am not the only one praying for him! His brother will start next year with the preschool program, and we can't wait!

Posted April 13, 2010

The teachers are excellent. Our three 1/2 year old daughter is learning so much there. She loves to go to school at Meadowood and she enjoys showing us her schoolwork. Meadowood is instilling a sence of self pride with her and we see it every day. We know when she is there she is in the best of care. The staff actually cares about the children enrolled there and it shows in the way our daughter is learning mentally and socially.

Posted March 2, 2010

My son has been at Meadowood for a year. We are not religious and were looking for a school that was close to our home, reasonably priced and had a good academic foundation. I researched the A Beka curriculum and liked what i heard. Overall he is happy there and is learning alot. To be honest i am impressed with how much he is learning! They are constantly engaging the children in different activities so he hs always busy. We intend to keep him on at least for another year or more. Both my husband and I are very happy with this school.

Posted September 10, 2008

My daughter went to this school for one school year and out experience was terrible. The following year when we tried to put her into public school she was so far behind we had to get her a tutor. The principal did try to rectify a bad situation with her teacher but the situation never resolved. We loved the curiculum but they need to make better choices in teachers.

Posted August 20, 2008

Meadowood is a good school and it was wonderful to have my child in a Christ-centered learning environment. However, Meadowood also takes in a lot of kids that can't survive in public schools and there is no academic criteria for students at MCS. Just because it is a Christian school doesn't mean that all who attend are Christians or act appropriately. There are some fabulous teachers at the school, but we found it to be too expensive to pay for schooling that didn't offer extra activities and challenge the kids in the areas that they excelled at. I think the Abeka books are a great system, but they also work just as great to be a supplement to the public schools.

Posted July 24, 2008

My children have been at Meadowood going on 5 years now and I cannot say enough good things about it. It feels like a home away from home. The principal is incredible, the teachers are great and the other parents are just so awesome to know. My children are getting the best education imaginable and with God involved, to boot!

Posted June 5, 2008

Meadowood is a great school. We just love it!
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 5, 2008

Meadowood is a place where I know my girls are in good hands A place that I can basically call home To come through these doors is liking coming home to your closest friends and family. Everyone teachers and other parents are just so kind and open-hearted. They love us daily. On a spiritual level, I feel even better than on the personal level. Meadowood is where my little girls get to pray to GOD everyday Where they get to say the Pledge of Allegiance without taking out the word God Where they get to say the pledge to the Christian flag. Our cities in this country need more and more schools like this and Meadowood would be a great example for them to follow. If you are considering Meadowood as the educational 'home' for your child, I highly recommend it!'

Posted May 25, 2008

Meadowood is a great school! The teachers were willing to work with my child one on one to help with his needs. Although the facility is a bit dated, I've been hearing that they are moving to a much newer and larger facility which I think is great! The staff is very professional, and worked with us to make it work financially, which was a great blessing. I would (and have done so) recommend MCS to any parent looking for a school that puts people above the bottom line!

Posted March 24, 2008

My child did a year and a half at Meadowood. Our experience started out positive, but it quickly turned so negative that we had to remove him from this school. The principal did try to rectify a very bad situation with the teacher he had, but in the end the size of the school with its limited teaching options and the principal's inablity to control her own teacher gave us no choice but to remove our son from a very damaging environment. On the plus side, we loved the curriculum and our other child's teacher (different grade) was excellent and our other child will finish the year. In the end however, one person in a school that small can really have a negative impact. I wish the school well, but I cannot in good faith recommend it ,even given our great experience with the one teacher.

Posted April 13, 2007

Limited extracurricular activities Affordable Good Christian teachings Quality of educational teaching not good! Would not recommend to a friend

Posted March 29, 2007

My wife and I have 3 kids at Meadowood Christian School and have been part of the school for 5 years. The teachers and administration are great and the deeply care about each child and their well being. There was a change in leadership 2 years ago and the school is even better now than it was before. The administration is willing to deal with problems among students in a way that is the best for the entire school even if it is a difficult decision. The teacher to student ration is great and the curriculum is excellent. The parents take great pride in the school and are willing to pitch in wherever needed. If you are looking for a private Christian School with a loving, caring atmosphere, this will be the perfect school for you.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Health & athletics

• Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

School start time
  • 8:30am
School end time
  • 3:15pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Linda Humiston
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Methodist
Associations
  • ACE
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Arts & music

• Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor