Bad
Good

The new admin has moved from another CCSD middle school which had a lot of problems. This admin pushed high school level sex ed into a mandatory 7th grade PE/Health curriculum - without parental disclosure. This admin pushed scientifically inaccurate, "pop culture" sex ed lessons into its mandatory PBIS or "respect" classes - without parental disclosure. Parents should also watch out for the 8th grade comprehensive sex ed and the special, extracurricular "relationship" book clubs. Don't wait for parent letters to come home - this admin is secretive about its agenda and parents should ask questions, ask to see all lessons, and be proactive.

Parents of Sky Vista, with our new principal and a new administration, expect a lot of changes. It is important that we review all course content and be aware of comments your child might say about their day in school and their teachers. Expect a sharp deviation away from academics and toward a heavy emphasis on social re-engineering in PBIS, Health, Safety, Anti-bullying, Comprehensive Sex Ed, and, so-called, Inclusiveness training. These courses will take a decidedly activist posture with delivery of LGBTQ messaging, aimed at our children. It seems to be a pattern repeated wherever this administrator has been in a decision making position. If you are OK with the diversion of resources from academics, toward LGBTQ content, then that is fine; but as parents, it is important that we have all the information necessary to make an informed decision, in the best interests of our children. You will not get this information willingly from this principal. It will be hidden and very hard to find and the administration will do its utmost to avoid transparency when it comes to these issues. This will make it difficult for you to make a truly informed decision. There is an agenda at play and it does not include transparency and disclosure to parents.

Sky Vista Is one of the best schools around they strive for excellence with there four corner stones. All I can say about this school is WOW!

This is by far the best school that my children have ever attended. The teachers and support staff and even the principal knew my children by name and more, who they belonged to. The special ed team goes above and beyond any that I have ever known and were supportive and caring to our entire family. I have never known a school where all kids were accepted and loved like they are here. My children made huge gains in their time at Sky Vista and I know that it was due to the caring and qualified staff. I was so impressed with everyone I came across there, the students were respectful and on the odd time we did have an issue, it was dealt with immediately and appropriately. One of my children was bullied horribly at another school and they took great care at Sky Vista to make her feel safe. She actually enjoyed school again, which was something I worried would never happen. I felt their quality of education was excellent and their approach to learning outstanding, I am so glad we had the expereince of attending here, we will miss it.

This school is wonderful! The principal, staff are very positive, very supportive, and quick responders to any question for them. My son has gained so much in the couple years attending this school. Their parallel curriculum model teaches students to "think" through assignments thus increasing their ability to solve problems. The parent/teacher conferences revealed that my son's teachers know him well and can give feedback that can only enhance experiences for students and teachers. I am very impressed with this school, my daughter will be attending as well!

Unfortunately I have seen this school go downhill. My oldest son went there 5 years ago and attended his 6th-8th grade. He had a great experience. However, when my middle son went there his 6th and half of his 7th, we started noticing unfair teachers who would talk about him with the other group of teachers giving him a bad name. Also the principal wouldn't do anything about a teacher who was lying to our son having him complete and assignment and then getting no credit. My son wanted to leave in the middle of the year because we were moving even though he had the option to finish out the year. Several of the teachers just don't seem happy and that reflects in their behavior towards students. Very Disappointing!

sky vista is a terrible school! the older students are bad role models for the younger ones. They swear freqently. They never slove your problems. The teachers can care less if you fail. The sucuerity is terrible. They never motivate you to learn. There curriculum is awful. They think there should be no joy in a school day! If you go to this school you are just asking for punnishment! htey act like thaey are nice when they really are mean! Don't go to this school!

i went to thunder ridge and then went to sky vista. The kids here are horrible and disguisting.! They make fun of kids that they dont even know and are very mean. The 'popular' people would always call me mean names and would just be rude. My mother had a talk with the princepal but didnt even do anything.! Even the teachers are very mean. The make fun and pick on kids as well. The education is boring and noteven helpful. hunder ridge was a lot better. They took me in and liked me for who iwas not for who i had to be.!

Great school!!!! Teachers are very friendly and very supportive. My son loves going to this school.

My daughter went to Sky Vista in the sixth grade. Now she is hopefully (we might be moving) going to go there again for seventh grade! Sky Vista is a great place for 'young adults' [teens] to grow up at. The education is speechless and the atmosphere... man I can't even think of a word to describe it; because it is so marvelous! If I were to give anyone some advice for going to a middle school Sky Vista would be on the top of my list. I am not just saying all these good things about Sky Vista; because my daughter went there... I am saying this because I think every child should have possibilities and Sky Vista Middle School offers that literally 24/7!

Last modified Sky Vista Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.