Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Their teachers are wonderful people who genuinely care about my kids' well being. Their education is being tailored to their individual needs and both of them are thriving.

Amount of homework: Agree

It's a pretty small amount of homework, a few minutes per night for my 3rd grader, and only once or twice per week for my 4th grader. I have read several studies recently that show that homework actually does not help a child academically, and I think it's terrible to expect an elementary aged student to sit still and pay attention for 7 hours only to go home and have to miss out on play/down time to do yet more school work (at our old school, my son had so much homework it would take him an hour or more in 1st grade!). In my son's case, it played a big role in making him hate school. He seems to be happier, now, and is performing better!

The entire faculty is wonderful and caring! My kids are getting personalized guidance and several teachers are even going out of their way to test my son mid-year for GT because he is exhibiting the traits and has not yet been placed in GT. The school offers many different before and after school extracurricular activities for free or low-cost and they make sure all of the kids get breakfast -even if they are late, the child can bring breakfast to class. The principal even recognizes us (at least knows my daughter's name and track) even though this is our first school-year here! I am so happy we transferred to Eastridge!

Hi, my daughter'a best friend went to this school and she said it was great!! We were just wondering if this schools feeds into Campus Middle School!

My daughter is in the 3rd grade and has been going to this school since kindergarten. She has always had trouble with math and reading. To me everything seems fine. It sometimes feels as if they are teaching things that are to advance for kids their ages. We are always trying to improve her skills and help her when it's needed. Sometimes it can be overwhelming for us as parents, so I can only imagine how my child feels. And now my son just started kindergarten there so we are trying to be prepared if this situation happens again. I am pleased with the school my kids go to. But sometimes I wonder if because it is cherry creek school district, if maybe they are pushing these kids a little to hard to maintain their good name. My child is in need of serious help with math and reading. I know her mind may wonder a little more then most kids, but shes a kid. And most kids do not like to sit on the same stoop for long periods of time. If any way there is help, please let me know. Thank you so much.

Very helpful with personal family needs and support! Just transferred from another district and as a single mother of 3 we have been put in a difficult situation, the school and district are helping our every need and concern for my son's education and transition.

I am very impressed with Eastridge. At the most recent back to school night, the principal made an eloquent and passionate plea to the parents and community to take an active role in their children's education and in helping the institution itself. My child recently completed kindergarten and entered first grade, and from what I see and am exposed to at Eastridge, I truly feel that the administration and staff honestly care about the kids and understand the priceless gift of education. It has never been more crucial that EVERY SINGLE PARENT take an active role in their child's education! The sort of dedication and passion I see from the administration and educators at Eastridge inspires and motivates me to do the most I can to support my child's school and to ensure that he is sucessful in what is the most important part of his educational journey.

Love this school, they have wonderful teachers that will help the kids with anything and as a parent the teachers will always make time to talk to you.

I love my son's principal, and his teacher is wonderful! She encourages him to be great and do well in everything he works on. I have seen him blossom on so many levels. I wish she could move up with him until 5th grade. She's great!

The Eastridge staff and teachers care about each child and want them all to have a total well rounded education.

Last modified Eastridge Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.