Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Develops grit: Agree

Posted March 21, 2016
The MYP program offered in the curriculum guides the students towards college readiness.This is a rare find in CCSD Middle Schools.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted March 21, 2016
This school does a really great job teaching it's students to be prideful of themselves, community, and school.

Posted March 21, 2016
I was a nervous wreck sending my daughter to middle school this year. I am so thankful for the 6th grade teachers and staff at Laredo. My daughter loves school and for the first time really loves Math. Her Math teacher is awesome and makes Math fun. She has always been a good students but Laredo has really allowed my daughter to shine making Honor Roll both Semester 1 and 2.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 19, 2015
My husband and I spent my daughters 6th grade year at Laredo in the dean and principles office. The teachers are bully's and the administration doesn't address the issues. We went to the super and we never received any follow up on the issues. We requested her be moved to a different class and we were told, "there is no room for her to be moved". I spent more time in tears because my child was terrified to go to school and wasn't thriving like she normally does. She is an A student and has always loved school but one awful teacher changed that for her. We are no longer enrolled at laredo and we will see how 7th grade goes at a new school with a fresh start. If your child is at Laredo, I highly suggest that you talk to your kids and ask how the teachers are teaching and if they understand the teaching style. This teacher would talk about me to my daughter in from of the class and say things like "I don't need your parents complaining about my teaching anymore, so I need you to GET what I'm teaching" she was awful and I hope none of you have to go through what we went through.

Posted May 12, 2015
This is an amazing school! They even have some sort of "money" to help children and teens stay positive and well controlled. Never have i seen any bullying or others hurting someone else! I recommend you send your children.

Posted May 22, 2014
My school is very fun and the teachers are very nice if you do the right things and make learning new things really fun to learn

Posted October 10, 2013
This is my daughter's 3rd year at Laredo. I wouldn't let her go anywhere else. She loves school and is very successful at a time when adolescence usually makes kids lazy and withdrawn. The MYP program is perfect for her. The internationally-based curriculum is so enriching and really expands her world and understanding. All students take music, art, and foreign language. The drama program is top notch, as are choir and orchestra. Her advanced core classes are really challenging her as well. Don't let the test scores fool you, this school has good growth scores (that's what counts), and advanced students thrive here in the MYP (International Baccalaureate) program. Its a really good culture and healthy environment here, too. Granted, being in the honors classes, my daughter is mostly surrounded by kids who are driven to succeed and encourage each other. She has seen only one fight in more than 2 years. She never sees bullying, she has never seen or been offered drugs, and none of her friends are sexually active. Laredo has a really good group of kids and fantastic staff and I'm very impressed. Middle school was horrible for me. I wish I'd gone to a school like Laredo.

Posted May 16, 2013
I work full time and the occasions that I have been to the school for activities has been so positive and uplifting. The teachers are so wonderful here. From the principal to the front receptionist each person is respectful, they work with you as a parent. They inform you and allow the kids to use anything they have (equipment) if needed for a project/presentation. I couldn't ask for a better school.

Laredo Middle School 3

Posted December 27, 2012
While my experience with both all of my sons 6th grade teachers, his dean and his counselor have been nothing but positive, I could care less for the assistant principle and how she chose to handle a discipline issue with a student that has some very apparently social and behavioral issues. While protecting all students of a school is important a little more interest in the student causing some issues is much needed as well. Kids are not born to be bad, there are underlying issues that cause children to act out. My advice for her, the assistant principle, take a little more interest in the cause of the probelm instead of trying to throw away the child causing the problem. Had that taken place earlier in the process, the event itself may not have happened at all.

Laredo Middle School 4

Posted June 15, 2012
I can't complain too much about Laredo.. their school curiculmn is good, and the teachers my son has had so far have been very dedicated to teaching them the material. Granted its up to them to get the work done. There is a few things I would like modified but they are not detrimental, such as how they handle the students, the security can be a little more polite (people skils), you have to give respect to get respect. But other than that and a few little things that are not worth mentioning, Laredo has a great educational program. No school will ever be perfect, there will always be someone or something that we dont like.

5000 South Laredo Street, Aurora, CO  80015
Last modified Laredo Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.