Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

With everyday interactions with the kids the staff mirror to the kids what integrity, compassion and respect feels like to reinforce the ideology of these characteristics. The school does an amazing job at developing strong character is our kids. Love this school!

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school teaches that diversity is good...and being different is not a bad thing. This school teaches the kids not to bully, steal or be disrespectful to one another. In it's everyday interactions with the kids the staff mirror to the kids what integrity, compassion and respect feels like to reinforce the ideology of these characteristics. The school does an amazing job at developing strong character is our kids. Love this school!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are committed to our kids learning and creativity not regurgitation but actual learning! I know kids tend to regurgitate what they hear and see- however these kids MY KID has been given the tools and encouraged to use those tools to be creative and original as possible.

Amount of homework: Agree

My daughter receives homework on one day and is fully aware when the homework will be due. If she gets homework on Monday it's due Wednesday. Basically, giving her an additional day to complete the homework. It's not a lot of homework at this point because she is a 6 grader and it's manageable for her. Yet, the way the school sets the schedules for the kids seems to keep in mind that our kids are KIDS and need that spacer for returning homework and she rarely ever have weekend homework unless it's a special project. That gives her time to do kid stuff and unwind...then she is also more encouraged to do weekend reading and miscellaneous study because there is no pressure that she has to do it which makes it more of a leisure and less of a chore. Love the assigned homework situation at Laredo!

The staff is amazing... they are there to keep our kids safe, motivated, active, attentive, positive, creative and growing and moving forward. I have been very pleased! All of them from the people at the front desk when you first walk in- the main office and every single office after that. Where do I start; Mr. Gehr is simply awesome and he does so much!! I can not find words to express enough gratitude and up most respect for this man. He cares about our kids. He cares about their safety and well-being. Again, this man does so much- he is EVERYWHERE...ALL THE TIME!!! Great staff member- they better hold on to him. Mrs. Armour this lady is the best. She welcomed our family from day one and I can be a pest, however, she makes the time for me. The lady cares about our families and the diversity challenges that we face as a wide community. This lady is very supportive...she is one of those people that I know this school is good because of her combined efforts to make it better! The Deans, Ms. Koch and all of them really have been satisfying to work with because they listen and understand. They want things to be good even when they sometimes aren't they really want them to be and try to find ways to see that peace is restored. They are good people! The security goes above and beyond...nuff said, that is what you want in your front line employee's and that's what they do on a consistent basis! I feel like they are not going to let folks come in that building that have to business in there. AND they are not going to let our kids run a muck! I respect them sincerely and the daily task they face with keeping our kids from harms way. The 6 grade teachers like Mrs. Thomas, Mr. Stokesbury, Ms. Miller and I could go on and on with the teachers...are exceptionally knowledgeable educators. Mrs. Thomas comes off as a tough teacher- well she cares so much about our kids education and growth it shows thru tough love! If /when she leaves this school I think that would be an epic let down to our kids. Band director/teacher- leaving soon- very passionate (do not know how he will be replaced) Mr. Black terrific drama teacher/ over good model to our kids. Lunch staff: don't know how they remain so calm during that time of day for the kids- they do it and make it look easy! (It's not, I have been there during lunch) Over all I'd recommend Laredo to anyone. So much to offer.

We moved to Laredo from out of state and could not be happier. My son's teachers do a fantastic job communicating with us. Emails or calls are returned. My son is gifted and is challenged. I just wish honors classes were offered in all content areas, not just two, but his two other teachers work hard at challenging him. There are lots of electives here too so kids get a well-rounded education.

No community closeness. You're a lost number in a sea of lost numbers. Would not recommend.

If your child has special needs of any kind this is not the school for you. Move.

Develops character: Agree

This school does a really great job teaching it's students to be prideful of themselves, community, and school.

I was a nervous wreck sending my daughter to middle school this year. I am so thankful for the 6th grade teachers and staff at Laredo. My daughter loves school and for the first time really loves Math. Her Math teacher is awesome and makes Math fun. She has always been a good students but Laredo has really allowed my daughter to shine making Honor Roll both Semester 1 and 2.

Last modified Laredo Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.