Posted October 29, 2014
Mission Viejo Elementary is a very good school with great teachers and an Amazing principal! You're the best Mr. Pearson!!! Academically, it's on par with or slightly better than the nearby elementary schools. They even supplement their curriculum with non-common core resources. The difference is the staff, leadership, and real sense of community. If this is your neighborhood school, be thankful. We have since moved to be in the Arrowhead Elementary area and miss Mission Viejo very much. It's like night and day!

Posted October 10, 2013
This is my 9th year as a parent at Mission Viejo, 5th year with Andre Pearson as Principal. Mr. Pearson is a devoted, caring, professional leader, attentive to the needs of students, families, the community, and his staff. The school is much better now than before he was the principal. He is a great role model for the students at this school and has been very proactive in securing grants, new programs, and positive activities for his school. I admire and appreciate his dedication. We have been very pleased with the way he has handled the very few concerns we have brought to his attention. Another huge plus for this school is the Assets Program and Ms. Sandy Zimmerman. The kids are taught how to get along, solve problems, be involved, be proud of their school, families, and themselves. They learn bullyproofing and how to respect each other. As a result, my children have witnessed very few fights, almost no mean-spirited acts or thuggery, and this has carried through to Laredo Middle School and I'm sure up through high school. Their time in elementary school and middle school has been pleasant, nurturing, and enriching, and isn't that what we all want for our kids?

Mission Viejo Elementary School 5

Posted September 30, 2013
My daughter has been at Mission Viejo for two years now and she will tell anyone who listens that Mission Viejo is the best school ever! So far the teachers have proven to be highly capable and very much involved in her success. My daughter is learning to be responsible for herself and her actions, she is learning about tolerance and most importantly, she is happy to be there. I think that these early years are essential to a life long love of learning and Mission Viejo has done a great job of inspiring my daughter so far. I look forward to many years of being a part of the Mission Viejo family!

Posted September 15, 2013
Horrible principal!! It has been said before, but Andre Pearson is in no way suited to be a leader. CCSD should be ashamed.

Posted May 26, 2013
My child has attended Mission Viejo for four years and there are a lot of good things happening. She has a great teacher in 3rd grade and a great, diverse group of friends. However, this school's growth, I believe, has been and will continue to be stunted by the poor leadership of their principal. He seems to be unsure of good teachers vs. bad and his decisions, at every level, seem poor. I worry about the future of this school if they stay in Mr. Pearson's hands.

Mission Viejo Elementary School 2

Posted May 23, 2013
This school could improve if they had a stronger leader. Top down leadership has taken a toll on this school.

Posted May 22, 2013
This school is packed with high quality teachers who adore their students and work hard to help every child achieve. Unfortunately, Andre Pearson, the principal, doesn't follow that path. He seems to make decisions based on little and is a very poor leader for students and teachers. What a shame for such a wonderful staff!

Posted April 12, 2012
Mission is a pretty decent school. My daughter seems to really love it there and she's learned so much since transferring from an Aurora public school.

Mission Viejo Elementary School 2

Posted August 14, 2008

Mission Viejo Elementary School 5

Posted October 16, 2005
So far we're very impressed. My daughter has enjoyed her experience in kindergarten and in kindergarten enrichment. We see the teachers working with fundamental skills such as basic reading and handwriting, but we also see them differentiating to accomodate for different skill levels. Mission Viejo has a diverse student body, which we really like since our daughter is learning to become a member of a diverse population. It's helping her to develop tolerance and respect for other cultures, and at the same time, we've experienced no difficulties with safety or low academic expectations. It's a good school!

Mission Viejo Elementary School
3855 South Alicia Parkway, Aurora, CO  80013
Last modified Mission Viejo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mission Viejo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top