Aurora, CO

Posted June 25, 2015
Wow! My children have been to schools in NM and Texas. When I was searching for schools in CO this school kept coming up as a quality school. A year later, I can say the reviews and ratings are very well deserved. My kindergartener, now going into first grade, has improved socially, emotionally, and academically. During parent teacher conferences, his teacher gave me tips for not only bumping him up to grade level but helping him move beyond grade level. She also gave me tips to advance his creative thinking and reasoning abilities. I was very impressed and grateful for his kindergarten teacher. My second grader, now going into third grade was behind a grade level in reading (Unfortunately this stems from attending public and private schools that weren't as great in other states). His teacher gave me ideas on how to help him reach grade level. Although my child's second grade teacher did not go as in depth during parent teacher conferences on how to bump my child above grade level, she gave him a love of learning that he has never received in his other schools. He used to hate going to school. He loves going to Coyote Hills. I'm so grateful for his teacher as she gave him the gift of loving to learn again! The principal is also wonderful! Her presence in and around the school is a breath of fresh air. Every concern I have had she has addressed immediately. Principal Tolbert is friendly and knowledgeable and it is reflected in the staff at Coyote Hills. My only wish is that the Middle School and High School were as great.

Posted November 11, 2013
What an exceptional school! We moved to CO from TX, and this is the 3rd Elementary my kids have attended. I was so amazed with Coyotoe Hills and how my kids blossomed. I only wish they were younger and able to spend more years at CHE. The teachers are wonderful, the fine arts program (music, art, PE, etc) is top notch, and the community involvement is huge. This school really helped my kids with their transition from a TX curriculum to a CO curriculum and to excel in the process.

Posted September 26, 2013
the school os good, they have a excellent staff and i will be agree with 10 in its score.

Coyote Hills Elementary School

Posted August 22, 2013
Coyote Hills Elementary Aurora CO 80016, This is technically our 3rd year there. I have 2 girls there and could not ask for a better learning enviornment. WE LOVE THIS SCHOOL

Posted June 28, 2013
We moved here from Florida and we were lucky to land in this part of Aurora, Coyote Hills is an amazing school and the teachers and staff are beyond wonderful. We have two kids in Coyote hills and would highly recommend this school to any of my friends or family.

Posted April 25, 2013
My son attends a very good school near Coyote Hills elementary. I have heard by word of mouth about the outstanding homework club put on by the aftercare program. The program pays teachers to "tutor" each grade level of kids except Kindergarten. The parents have say they see such a great difference in their children's academic achievement.

Posted April 07, 2013
We absolutely love our school. We moved back to Colorado and didn't know which way to turn. We took a chance on moving to the suburbs and couldn't be happier. CHE has an inspiring, positive environment for children to flourish during their day. The teachers are top-notch, motivational and caring. They are concerned about each student's success while making learning fun and challenging at the same time. The principal's letter on the website was the final deciding factor, thank goodness he has lived up to and beyond our expectations. There is an authenticity at CHE that is hard to find in public schools (with the exception of the Cherry Creek School District.) Most parents are involved with the school in one way or another. The PTCO committee is extremely well organized and the meetings are interesting to attend. Overall, I rate this school as a "high five!" We count our blessings every day.

Posted November 23, 2012
We moved to Tallyn's Reach looking for a great school and we sure found it! CHE is definitely one of the best schools by far. Parent teacher communication is excellent, kids are motivated and happy to learn! Excellent learning programs and kids are usually reading a grade above.We can't say enough good things about CHE! Wonderful PTCO, teachers and staff! Unfortunately, we've had to move to the East COast and we sure miss this school. Our kids are at least 2 grades above in reading and Math and are bored out of their minds! We've looked at several schools and most of them focus on the kids that need catching up, which is good but no program for the above average ones. CHE focus on all the kids and no one ever felt behind or above.

Coyote Hills Elementary School 4

Posted October 27, 2012
Loved the school overall. However, Mr. Smith the principal could use some courses in dealing with staff, students and parents. I did not feel he was connected at all with them or should I say not connect with those he didn't consider in his "inner" circle. The school (teachers) has great communication with parents regarding up coming events, etc. I just don't feel that Mr. Smith participated as much as a principal should. Regarding, the: turkey trot, walk a thon, parents night out,etc. I am very disappointed with how he would exclude KE. No yearbook page, or acknowledgement for the teachers and ALL their hard work. I had some meetings with him about my children and felt that my concerns fell on deaf ears.

Posted April 21, 2012
We moved here in 2008 and my son started 3rd grade with a 1st grade reading level. The school got him reading proficiently and he excelled in learning across the board. Thank you so much CHE!!!

Coyote Hills Elementary School
24605 East Davies Way, Aurora, CO  80016
Last modified Coyote Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coyote Hills Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top