Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 15, 2015
I submitted my volunteer hours which were over 130 hours and now have asked for the documents back, over the course of 4 years and every time have been told they'll look for them. Not organization is a failure that is contagious to everyone.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 15, 2015
Over the years that I've attended this "math, science and technology" school, I'll tell you that the class I learned the least in was math, when it comes to science we didn't even have labs and I went to college not knowing what certain tools were in the lab, as for the technology it's old, basic stuff like teaching your students how to edit a photo, which I feel isn't necessary unless you're student plans to go into that field. We weren't taught how to make a resume, we weren't taught how to write college letters which brings the fact that the college counselor was terrible.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 15, 2015
Teachers cannot control the actions of students, when they ask the students to stop talking, the students are in realization that they "are in charge"

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 15, 2015
The students at this school are shallow, I walked into a 7th grade middle school class and the teacher was at the board teaching while students were talking and a few even applying make up.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 15, 2015
Dishonest teachers lead to dishonest students, people may argue that its all about your character but that character needs to see certain qualities to develop.

Lotus School for Excellence 1

Posted July 15, 2015
As a former student whom graduated from this school, I personally would never send my child to this school. The teachers have yelled, "why don't you understand!?" At us in classes. Certain students are also valued higher and more is done for them compared to the rest of the students. When it comes to the principle, there was a change of one, the old principle moved in these few years and the new principle which I've witnessed actively getting involved with students, but when I had a problem with my younger brother and the way he was being treated along with BULLIED by the certain teachers, and brought this to his attention, he told me that he would give me a call back once he spoke with the teachers. I waited for him to get back to me and he didn't, considering that my younger brother was in his last year of high school I dropped it and he did as well, along with my parents.

Posted April 26, 2015
This school lives up to the 'Excellence' in its name. It has a great sports program, great school spirit, and has very helping teachers. The only bad thing is the lockers for high school are a bit small.

Lotus School for Excellence 1

Posted April 03, 2015
Please go and find another school. I am extremely disappointed and extremely unsatisfied with other how my family member and the parents were handled. The word "Excellence" and "Unprofessional" are opposing words and opposing actions. We as being a good and well-educated family were always taught: Positive is better than Negative.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 28, 2014
A teacher This school is growing. Especially this year, students have challenging curriculum. In order to pass the classes, students should study a lot. Also, students get at least 70% to pass the class. Besides this, our robotic team went world championship. In tis school, there are engineering classes and all middle and high school students do homework online for math classes. This is the best school in Aurora.

Posted April 13, 2014
I have worked at Lotus for three years and have enjoyed working with the staff, admin, students, and parents. We have gone through many different transitions since I first started back in 2011 but I truly feel we are finally on the right track to become a great school. I thoroughly enjoy working with the staff and adore my students. We are a growing school and definitely would like to obtain more computers and resources but we have done well with what we have.

11001 East Alameda Ave, Aurora, CO  80012
Last modified Lotus School for Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lotus School for Excellence Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 96 reviews. Top