Posted April 26, 2015
This school lives up to the 'Excellence' in its name. It has a great sports program, great school spirit, and has very helping teachers. The only bad thing is the lockers for high school are a bit small.

Posted April 03, 2015
Please go and find another school. I am extremely disappointed and extremely unsatisfied with other how my family member and the parents were handled. The word "Excellence" and "Unprofessional" are opposing words and opposing actions. We as being a good and well-educated family were always taught: Positive is better than Negative.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 28, 2014
A teacher This school is growing. Especially this year, students have challenging curriculum. In order to pass the classes, students should study a lot. Also, students get at least 70% to pass the class. Besides this, our robotic team went world championship. In tis school, there are engineering classes and all middle and high school students do homework online for math classes. This is the best school in Aurora.

Posted April 13, 2014
I have worked at Lotus for three years and have enjoyed working with the staff, admin, students, and parents. We have gone through many different transitions since I first started back in 2011 but I truly feel we are finally on the right track to become a great school. I thoroughly enjoy working with the staff and adore my students. We are a growing school and definitely would like to obtain more computers and resources but we have done well with what we have.

Lotus School for Excellence 4

Posted April 10, 2014
The Lotus framework and teachers are great at meeting kids at whatever stage they are in and educating them at their level. I love that my daughter can be in a class with kids her age and still have curriculum above her grade level that challenges her.

Posted April 10, 2014
This is the worst school I have ever been to the teachers treated me like an outcast and I was always in the deans office because when I was talking it was just me and nobody else and I was also pretty much kicked out of this school, I think you should either get better with kids with a slower learning ability or get shut down. I don't think parents should bring their kids here. I was a student at lotus and it's a nightmare.

Lotus School for Excellence 4

Posted April 10, 2014
I love working at Lotus! The staff and students are some of the best people I know. We could use more computers for elementary use and more room as we have grown in my three years of teaching here. We are a very diverse population and learn so much from all the world cultures represented at our school. Come check us out!

Posted December 20, 2013
As a junior in high school at Lotus, I have seen enough to be able to post a review. I absolutely LOVE Lotus. Yes, it is not perfect, but nothing ever is. However, Lotus is constantly trying to improve. Constantly. The academic courses here are definitely challenging. If you want to challenge yourself, Lotus gives you every opportunity to do so. I am taking AP classes this year along with extracurricular activities, and I have never been more busy, and feeling more challenged, accomplished, and satisfied, before in my life. Believe me, the classes are taught by professionals. Lotus allows me to always be learning, always be developing my skills. It's so hard to even put into words how much I have learned from Lotus. Lotus calls itself a college preparatory school and that is so true. The college counselor, and the teachers, want every student to get into a great college and they try their very best and do what they can. I am taking ACT Prep classes that would cost so much if I were take to them somewhere else. And they are so helpful, allowing me to score in the 30s. There is much more and I wish I could write more, but lastly, I truly enjoy attending, and learning, at Lotus. :)

Posted December 18, 2013
My previous review was posted too quickly. LSE is not a good school for many reasons. Homework is not graded based on content - kids are given a grade simply because they turn work in. LSE's Pre-calc class is not really pre-calc - there is a lot of basic algebra. The online course contains only 8 total lessons and all the kid had to do to get an A is to pass those 8 courses (limited to no study). And all a kid has to do to graduate with honors is to take 2 AP classes and pass - though that is not a great indication of success, since the AP teachers don't seem to understand how to teach an AP course. Our student completed one paper all year - constantly allowed to add to it until the end of the year. Our biggest concern is English class. There are few real English speaking teachers - if ANY this year. They pass all papers that are turned in on time - but they don't correct the work. We counted a paper that received a 19/20 and it has 36 grammatical errors, was a comparison between a book and a movie, and the main characters names were not spelled correctly - at all. Any student reading a Cliff Note could pass that class and that is sad. Don't send your kid to LSE.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 02, 2013
LOTUS SCHOOL FOR EXCELLENCE is a excellent school for kids. Teachers are great and work hard for you and help you when ever you need it.

Lotus School for Excellence
11001 East Alameda Ave, Aurora, CO  80012
Last modified Lotus School for Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lotus School for Excellence Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 90 reviews. Top