Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted November 03, 2015
Because its actually true.And because its rating and test scores have really improved in academic structure.

Lotus School for Excellence 5

Posted November 03, 2015
This is just a very great school. Except the lunch is bad, but still it's awesome.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 16, 2015
I thank the principal for working so hard to better the students and staff at this school. For opening and allowing many opportunities for teachers and students to explore and grow. I thank the teachers that help keep this school great, the parents in line, and the students well-taught. And to the front desk ladies: You work the hardest to help all of us! Thanks for growing into the greatest school around!

Lotus School for Excellence 5

Posted September 16, 2015
They are a newer charter with a wide ethnic and income group. The teachers go above and beyond to work with what materials they have, and the entire structure is set up to focus on your child's needs. Tutoring is available and a wide array of after school clubs. It might not be Cherry Creek or Kent Denver, but they strive to be even better than them. This school has a lot of potential.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 15, 2015
I submitted my volunteer hours which were over 130 hours and now have asked for the documents back, over the course of 4 years and every time have been told they'll look for them. Not organization is a failure that is contagious to everyone.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 15, 2015
Over the years that I've attended this "math, science and technology" school, I'll tell you that the class I learned the least in was math, when it comes to science we didn't even have labs and I went to college not knowing what certain tools were in the lab, as for the technology it's old, basic stuff like teaching your students how to edit a photo, which I feel isn't necessary unless you're student plans to go into that field. We weren't taught how to make a resume, we weren't taught how to write college letters which brings the fact that the college counselor was terrible.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 15, 2015
Teachers cannot control the actions of students, when they ask the students to stop talking, the students are in realization that they "are in charge"

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 15, 2015
The students at this school are shallow, I walked into a 7th grade middle school class and the teacher was at the board teaching while students were talking and a few even applying make up.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 15, 2015
Dishonest teachers lead to dishonest students, people may argue that its all about your character but that character needs to see certain qualities to develop.

Lotus School for Excellence 1

Posted July 15, 2015
As a former student whom graduated from this school, I personally would never send my child to this school. The teachers have yelled, "why don't you understand!?" At us in classes. Certain students are also valued higher and more is done for them compared to the rest of the students. When it comes to the principle, there was a change of one, the old principle moved in these few years and the new principle which I've witnessed actively getting involved with students, but when I had a problem with my younger brother and the way he was being treated along with BULLIED by the certain teachers, and brought this to his attention, he told me that he would give me a call back once he spoke with the teachers. I waited for him to get back to me and he didn't, considering that my younger brother was in his last year of high school I dropped it and he did as well, along with my parents.

11001 East Alameda Avenue, Aurora, CO  80012
Last modified Lotus School for Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.