Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Agree

Because its actually true.And because its rating and test scores have really improved in academic structure.

This is just a very great school. Except the lunch is bad, but still it's awesome.

They are a newer charter with a wide ethnic and income group. The teachers go above and beyond to work with what materials they have, and the entire structure is set up to focus on your child's needs. Tutoring is available and a wide array of after school clubs. It might not be Cherry Creek or Kent Denver, but they strive to be even better than them. This school has a lot of potential.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I submitted my volunteer hours which were over 130 hours and now have asked for the documents back, over the course of 4 years and every time have been told they'll look for them. Not organization is a failure that is contagious to everyone.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Over the years that I've attended this "math, science and technology" school, I'll tell you that the class I learned the least in was math, when it comes to science we didn't even have labs and I went to college not knowing what certain tools were in the lab, as for the technology it's old, basic stuff like teaching your students how to edit a photo, which I feel isn't necessary unless you're student plans to go into that field. We weren't taught how to make a resume, we weren't taught how to write college letters which brings the fact that the college counselor was terrible.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Dishonest teachers lead to dishonest students, people may argue that its all about your character but that character needs to see certain qualities to develop.

As a former student whom graduated from this school, I personally would never send my child to this school. The teachers have yelled, "why don't you understand!?" At us in classes. Certain students are also valued higher and more is done for them compared to the rest of the students. When it comes to the principle, there was a change of one, the old principle moved in these few years and the new principle which I've witnessed actively getting involved with students, but when I had a problem with my younger brother and the way he was being treated along with BULLIED by the certain teachers, and brought this to his attention, he told me that he would give me a call back once he spoke with the teachers. I waited for him to get back to me and he didn't, considering that my younger brother was in his last year of high school I dropped it and he did as well, along with my parents.

This school lives up to the 'Excellence' in its name. It has a great sports program, great school spirit, and has very helping teachers. The only bad thing is the lockers for high school are a bit small.

Please go and find another school. I am extremely disappointed and extremely unsatisfied with other how my family member and the parents were handled. The word "Excellence" and "Unprofessional" are opposing words and opposing actions. We as being a good and well-educated family were always taught: Positive is better than Negative.

A teacher This school is growing. Especially this year, students have challenging curriculum. In order to pass the classes, students should study a lot. Also, students get at least 70% to pass the class. Besides this, our robotic team went world championship. In tis school, there are engineering classes and all middle and high school students do homework online for math classes. This is the best school in Aurora.

Last modified Lotus School for Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.