Aurora, CO

Posted October 04, 2013
I have been impressed by the community spirit of this school. Along with having many teachers who have been teaching here a long time, we have a very active PTO group. When you talk to some of the teachers and leaders they say how they have worked for other school around the area and those chose to come back to Polton.

Posted June 28, 2011
I was a student at Polton 1st grade through 5th grade now going into 7th grade. The students there are awesome. Not many rumors went around and if there was everybody there was smart enough to not believe them and not pass it on. The teachers there are either air-heads or very helpful. My 1st and 3rd grade teacher didn't teach very well. I brought home my homework asking for help and not even my mom could understand it, we left a comment saying we couldn't understand it but the teacher didn't help me, she just put "Great Job" on my paper. The staff (front office) said we didn't live in the place we lived in even when we came in with proof we did, they still didn't believe us. It took 2 years for us to convince them. The front office people can be very rude sometimes. Mrs. McMullen (4th grade teacher) is the best teacher you could ever have. She's very helpful and amazing. She returns emails very fast and makes sure every thing in her students lives are going well and if their not she helps as much as she can. I would recommend this school for anybody.

Posted September 21, 2010
This school has great caring teachers! This is our second year there. I wish I could say the same for the principal. She is rather standoffish. She will be physically there in conversation but very aloof in communicating. They need a larger lunchroom to accommodate the kids. There does not seem to be enough time for the kids to eat their lunches. They are rushed in and out because the next grade is coming in. I would rather my child finish their lunch and a shorter recess than being hungry all day. Recess is after lunch. I do love that it is a STEM school this year. My child is soo excited to do the science experiments. The right amount of homework is given (not too much or too little). The later start time for school is nice as well. I feel my child is getting a good education @ Polton.

Posted August 24, 2010
Polton has always been a really nice school. The teachers and staff are outstanding. I have had 2 siblings and 2 children go through this school. However, a couple of years ago the school made the decision to eliminate recess. I am disappointed!

Polton Community Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2009

Polton Community Elementary School 0

Posted October 16, 2008
I have a kindie and a second grader there and they both love this school and the teachers there are wonderful. At the last school my daughter went to the teacher was not as involved and she cried every morning on her way-well she no longer does that now. I LOVE this school!

Posted October 15, 2008
My son is in Kindergarten and he absolutely loves it here. This school is in a quite residential neighborhood, it's smaller than most schools, and the teachers are stellar. The teachers will call and let you know how your child is doing and I am kept informed about activities on a weekly basis. Mr. Ayers, Ms. Myers, Ms. Robbie, and Ms. Jackie are top quality instructors.

Posted August 31, 2007
My daughter is in her second week of K, and we both absolutely love this school, especially her teacher Mr. Ayres. He does a wonderful job of keeping the parents involved and up to date on everything! He will actually call just to let me know how well she is doing, and who her friends are etc... A+

Posted July 10, 2007
- a former student
I enjoyed attending Polton. The teachers were great, and the music program was top notch. The Polton choir was asked to perform at several prestigious locations, including the State Capitol. Great school!

Posted April 02, 2007
My has high-functioing autism and attends the integrated preschool at Polton - it has been a wonderful experience. The teachers are knowledgable and compassionate. The classroom is diverse and parental involvement is high. Wonderful preschool procram!

Polton Community Elementary School
2985 South Oakland St, Aurora, CO  80014
Last modified Polton Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Polton Community Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top