Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amazed that this is a "blue ribbon school." My second d grader is considered a "high performer," but spends a lot of her time doing busy work like alphabetization of a vegetable list while the teacher gets the rest of her students up to speed for the standardized testing. I'm looking for a new school to keep my child's growth from stagnating.

My daughter has been there since the middle of last year and now she is in 1st grade. This is a great school. She is learning so much and has had great teachers! We planned on moving next year, but because of this school we are going to stay in this area just so she can attend Ponderosa Elementary.

This is a fantastic school. The student body has really blossomed under principal Sloan's leadership. They have an outstanding Math and Science program that has been inspiring the students as evidenced by the incredible increase in test scores over the last two years. More parent involvement would really help, but there is only so much schools can do about that.

Best school ever!Gt is great!The principal needs more activities with students,and teachers need to give more learning activities with students!

I've crossed quite a few teachers who seem unenthusiastic, generally agitated with even the better behaved children. I'm not so sure about academic strengths because I don't see my child advancing too far but he seemed to be much further ahead to begin with. There do seem to be some friendly staff members here and there but they are the minority and they even seem a little defeated. I met the principal and I liked what she stands for but for my student who was sad for sick days in his previous school reports little inspiration or encouragement from his primary teacher. I'm concerned about the lack luster attitudes of some of the teachers because I think they have an influence on my child's attitude about school. I'd like to know that children are inspired by a positive learning environment but the negative forces are apparently taking over in this school.

I love this school I personally went there as a kid and it was the best elementary school ever. The teachers are great as well as the activities. The reading and writing program is a big help to people who have trouble .If your looking for an elementary school this is definitely the school you want your kids to go to.

The best of both worlds-- a Cherry Creek School District Education and diversity you won't find elsewhere. My children have thrived at this school under the amazing direction of Elizabeth Sloan and her great staff of teachers. No one cares more for their students than this group of educators

My 15-month-old-daughter was attacked physical instructor from Ponderosa Elementary School. This teacher made her crying because baby was playing with ball near school s entrance. Next time I will call to police if teachers from this school touch my baby without my consent.

Ponderosa Elementary is a secret gem. The teachers are fantastic and the principal is forward thinking and fast moving. The special ed department is especially hard working.

I absolutely love this school! My youngest just started kindergarten this year but my oldest son is in 2nd grade and has attended since kindergarten as well. I love their reading recovery program it helped my son out so much! The diversity is great. I've had great experiences with the teachers so far and this year am hoping to get to know other moms so that I can keep up with everything going on!

Last modified Ponderosa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.