Aurora, CO

Ponderosa Elementary School 3

Posted April 15, 2014
Amazed that this is a "blue ribbon school." My second d grader is considered a "high performer," but spends a lot of her time doing busy work like alphabetization of a vegetable list while the teacher gets the rest of her students up to speed for the standardized testing. I'm looking for a new school to keep my child's growth from stagnating.

Ponderosa Elementary School 3

Posted April 13, 2014
I find it hard to believe that the last post to this school was over 2 years ago. This is now a blue ribbon school of excellence and it has improved under the reign of the current principal. As with any school, the parent must become involved with the staff to get the best accountability from them, let's face it, if the teacher is doing her job then your kid is learning what the curriculum indicates. If you're communicating and showing concern then the teacher will probably do a little more because they're being held accountable. So, my kid is learning but It's partly due to the fact that I'm always asking questions and making sure they know there are parents that care. I'm posting this to see if there's anyone else looking at this school, are you??

Posted October 06, 2012
My daughter has been there since the middle of last year and now she is in 1st grade. This is a great school. She is learning so much and has had great teachers! We planned on moving next year, but because of this school we are going to stay in this area just so she can attend Ponderosa Elementary.

Posted March 25, 2012
This is a fantastic school. The student body has really blossomed under principal Sloan's leadership. They have an outstanding Math and Science program that has been inspiring the students as evidenced by the incredible increase in test scores over the last two years. More parent involvement would really help, but there is only so much schools can do about that.

Posted March 06, 2012
Best school ever!Gt is great!The principal needs more activities with students,and teachers need to give more learning activities with students!

Ponderosa Elementary School 2

Posted January 27, 2012
I've crossed quite a few teachers who seem unenthusiastic, generally agitated with even the better behaved children. I'm not so sure about academic strengths because I don't see my child advancing too far but he seemed to be much further ahead to begin with. There do seem to be some friendly staff members here and there but they are the minority and they even seem a little defeated. I met the principal and I liked what she stands for but for my student who was sad for sick days in his previous school reports little inspiration or encouragement from his primary teacher. I'm concerned about the lack luster attitudes of some of the teachers because I think they have an influence on my child's attitude about school. I'd like to know that children are inspired by a positive learning environment but the negative forces are apparently taking over in this school.

Posted October 27, 2011
I love this school I personally went there as a kid and it was the best elementary school ever. The teachers are great as well as the activities. The reading and writing program is a big help to people who have trouble .If your looking for an elementary school this is definitely the school you want your kids to go to.

Posted August 09, 2011
The best of both worlds-- a Cherry Creek School District Education and diversity you won't find elsewhere. My children have thrived at this school under the amazing direction of Elizabeth Sloan and her great staff of teachers. No one cares more for their students than this group of educators

Ponderosa Elementary School 1

Posted March 07, 2011
My 15-month-old-daughter was attacked physical instructor from Ponderosa Elementary School. This teacher made her crying because baby was playing with ball near school s entrance. Next time I will call to police if teachers from this school touch my baby without my consent.

Ponderosa Elementary School 4

Posted October 22, 2009

Ponderosa Elementary School
1885 South Lima St, Aurora, CO  80012
Last modified Ponderosa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ponderosa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top