Bad
Good

I go to Prairie, and feel right at home with the Hawks. We have many extra curricular activities, this can include tech crew in the school plays. You cannot do these if you have bad grades or attendance, an incentive to do your hardest. There music program has had recognition for their beautiful songs and skill. If you need help getting your grafe up, theres always tutorials during lunch or after school. Prairie also has the IST, a building dedicated to STEAM programs. There are a lot of little cool things about the IST, including its constellation LED lights, fibonacci windows, and whisper wall. The teachers have lots of humor and have creative ways to get us to do our best, one of my teachers does a competition to see which class has the best average by the end of the quarter. But the best thing about Prairie is it's ethnic diversity. When I see other middle schools, they are just mainly made up of mostly Caucasian children. If you want to immerse your children in a diverse achool with over 50 languages spoken amongst its families, this is perfect.

This school has gone downhill quickly. My daughter used to do really well here and we recently had to pull her. The students are running the school. There are several other parents pulling their students before they will attend Overland. The advanced courses are the same as many of the normal classes at some of the other schools. There are unspeakable acts happening in the bathrooms that should not be happening in any public school let alone a middle school.

This school is a joke, my daughter had to go to California to see her grandpa because he had a couple days to live. My daughter is very close to him just like a dad to daughter. We called the attendance lady to excuse my daughter and she said "no that's not a good excuse " my daughter was very hurt. She gives my daughter dirty stares at school, like are you serious? This is not a joke, what are you a kid! My daughter also gets very sick during December, she still won't excuse if we don't have a doctors note. Sometimes I don't take her to the doctor. Where am I going to get my doctor note? One time we gave her a doctor note but still no excuse. My daughter still does the incomplete work and tries very hard to get her work done. Education is not a game... Very disappointed in this school.

I'm currently attending prairie and I love it. It's honestly a really good school the teachers really try to help you succeed. They help when you have bad grades and when your having a bad day. I mostly live the drama class because in that class were all like the big family. The teachers really try to make a student be happy and content with the learning environment . If your student goes here and they complain then it's there fault not the teachers they must be doing something wrong and being a distraction the teachers are friendly and just over all amazing.

Prairie is such an amazing school my son goes there and he wakes up eager to learn all because of Prarie.

A good school for special need students. The special education teachers are wonderful. They work with the parents . The teachers seem to enjoy their classes.

Great school with a diverse student body. They have wonderful staff and teachers who truly care about kids. This is really a special place to be.

i went to prairie my 6th 7th & half of my 8th Grade year my mom pulled me out because all of the crazy drama this a is horrible school. I was in com.8-2a & our dean did not help with the drama i was getting ROCKS thrown at me name calling. It was the horrible. It wasn't just the bullying our math teacher was not experienced she would laugh & talk with the kids instead of teach. My social studies teacher called kids dumb. if you are looking for a middle school i suggest looking elsewhere.

I went to Prairie for all 3 years and I for the most part loved it. Many of the teachers that I came in contact with were nice and friendly. I will say that the teachers can be a little nosy, which can be a good thing. My friends and I were having personal issues and pretty much the whole staff jumped in to help. This happened actually every year I attended... MOST of the teachers will jump in if your grades aren't superb, but you will occasionally encounter a teacher who wants to teach you about how it will be in high school and won't care about your grade. My little brother is entering the 6th grade and we are definitely sending him here.

I never got to go over my cousin studying in this school, and the comments I think it's a great school =D

Last modified Prairie Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.