Aurora, CO
Students enrolled: 1,715

Prairie Middle School 2

Posted February 10, 2015
This school has gone downhill quickly. My daughter used to do really well here and we recently had to pull her. The students are running the school. There are several other parents pulling their students before they will attend Overland. The advanced courses are the same as many of the normal classes at some of the other schools. There are unspeakable acts happening in the bathrooms that should not be happening in any public school let alone a middle school.

Prairie Middle School 2

Posted December 01, 2014
This school is a joke, my daughter had to go to California to see her grandpa because he had a couple days to live. My daughter is very close to him just like a dad to daughter. We called the attendance lady to excuse my daughter and she said "no that's not a good excuse " my daughter was very hurt. She gives my daughter dirty stares at school, like are you serious? This is not a joke, what are you a kid! My daughter also gets very sick during December, she still won't excuse if we don't have a doctors note. Sometimes I don't take her to the doctor. Where am I going to get my doctor note? One time we gave her a doctor note but still no excuse. My daughter still does the incomplete work and tries very hard to get her work done. Education is not a game... Very disappointed in this school.

Posted September 07, 2014
I'm currently attending prairie and I love it. It's honestly a really good school the teachers really try to help you succeed. They help when you have bad grades and when your having a bad day. I mostly live the drama class because in that class were all like the big family. The teachers really try to make a student be happy and content with the learning environment . If your student goes here and they complain then it's there fault not the teachers they must be doing something wrong and being a distraction the teachers are friendly and just over all amazing.

Posted May 11, 2014
Prairie is such an amazing school my son goes there and he wakes up eager to learn all because of Prarie.

Posted April 26, 2014
A good school for special need students. The special education teachers are wonderful. They work with the parents . The teachers seem to enjoy their classes.

Posted April 24, 2014
Great school with a diverse student body. They have wonderful staff and teachers who truly care about kids. This is really a special place to be.

Prairie Middle School 1

Posted January 10, 2014
i went to prairie my 6th 7th & half of my 8th Grade year my mom pulled me out because all of the crazy drama this a is horrible school. I was in com.8-2a & our dean did not help with the drama i was getting ROCKS thrown at me name calling. It was the horrible. It wasn't just the bullying our math teacher was not experienced she would laugh & talk with the kids instead of teach. My social studies teacher called kids dumb. if you are looking for a middle school i suggest looking elsewhere.

Prairie Middle School 4

Posted July 23, 2013
I went to Prairie for all 3 years and I for the most part loved it. Many of the teachers that I came in contact with were nice and friendly. I will say that the teachers can be a little nosy, which can be a good thing. My friends and I were having personal issues and pretty much the whole staff jumped in to help. This happened actually every year I attended... MOST of the teachers will jump in if your grades aren't superb, but you will occasionally encounter a teacher who wants to teach you about how it will be in high school and won't care about your grade. My little brother is entering the 6th grade and we are definitely sending him here.

Posted June 25, 2011
I never got to go over my cousin studying in this school, and the comments I think it's a great school =D

Posted May 15, 2011
I absolutely LOVE Prairie!! It is an amazing, diverse school! One thing that makes this school diverse is the different kinds of cultures and races. I am in 6th grade and I am loving my teachers and the principal, Dr Cassady! She is a great principal, if she weren't she wouldn't bother to learn some of the students names! She know my cousins name, my brothers name, and my name. She encourages students to learn and listen to the teachers to be successfull in their future lives. I have never gotten straight A's in my life except for now in 6th grade and I know I will continue earning them with the way the teachers teach the students. I think if it weren't for Prairie the former students wouldn't have now graduated. Prairie is a school to go to if you want to succeed!

Prairie Middle School
12600 East Jewell Ave, Aurora, CO  80012
Last modified Prairie Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top