Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Disagree

We have had a rough time getting our little girl help. She is behind in reading. I called for an evaluation and they said I would need to go to the Children's hospital cause they couldn't do it.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The first grade teachers are patent and each to work with.

Amount of homework: Neutral

I don't like homework, it seems like torture for the kids and the parents. My first graders have about 10 pages each week. 5 pages front and back. It is too much.

Sagebrush has been a great school for my twins. We had some doubts with the kindergarten teachers but this year has been much better. The school is a good community in spite of some of the mean PTCO moms. Wide group of kids who really seems to watch out for each other no mater the age. We really enjoy the school events. The cultural fair and dance were really fun. The principals are great and know my kids by name...not because they are bad but because they care. Very happy here.

When my son started here in 3rd grade this school was amazing. He has Autism and the teacher he has was wonderful. 4th grade she left but everything was still ok. 5th grade he started slipping and when I started asking for them to do assessments and get help, their attitude changed. The principal is THE rudest, most condescending principal I've ever met. So, after he got in school suspension twice for doing the same things that had been going on since 3rd grade (he didn't even know what that was), we took him out and put him in an amazing school close by. Indian Ridge is amazing and so welcoming. WOW! I just read the other reviews and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the principal here at Sagebrush is HORRIBLE! I wish I could speak to the other parents (especially the one filing the lawsuit). I HATE that I allowed my son to suffer through this when he would have done so much better where he is now!

Amount of homework: Agree

The expectations of my daughter's teacher is so fair and just right to encourage her in her beginning reading, writing, and mathematical skills.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My daughter's teacher is great at helping the students treat each other with respect and honesty. She encourages the students through her own integrity and promotes fairness by helping the students work through any problems that may arise.

We just started school here this year, and have been super impressed with the teachers and staff in general. My daughter absolutely loves school.

My kids are in this school and all three of them are doing great. I do not understand why people want to talk to the Principal when your child have a classroom teacher. Do you attend the conferences to get a report about your child? Do you spend time with your child after school to see what they did and find out if he/she understand what was taught? I ask my Kids everyday, do you have homework? When is it due? what are you struggling with? Why is it so difficult for you to understand it? My daughter struggles with Maths, she and the other kid spend 45 minutes every Wednesday after school with a Maths teacher free of charge. I love Sagebrush.

My son is in the third grade and his grades are starting to suffer. He was doing swell up until the new principle, Toliver, arrived last year. Last year the principle smiled and said whatever it took to make you believe that she cared. This year, she won't return many of the parents calls and only reaches out when your child might be affecting her numbers. I have called multiple times with concerns and have tried to address them with the teachers, needless to say nothing has been resolved, my son is feeling like he's not good enough so we are now forced to follow the steps of a few before us, this year alone, and transfer my son to a school that hopefully has a principle that does more than ignore the same people that her job depends on.

Last modified Sagebrush Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.