Bad
Good

High Point Academy is an outstanding school! My kids have been there since the school first started in 2005! So many great teachers whom genuinely care about the kids! We have seen our preschoolers blossom into awesome middle schoolers and it wouldn't have been possible without the teaching, caring and excellent leadership from the staff. Everybody from the IA's, MS athletics coaches, wonderful office staff, administrators and teachers! Thank you High Point Academy for being the best school in the Far Northeast!

The teachers truly love the students. We are military and my children have attended this school since we moved here. (since fall 2012) The education my children have received is beyond my expectations. They have low, middle, and high groups and they challenge each child. We love HPA!

High Point Academy is a great school and we are extremely pleased to be sending our daughter there for the last 5 years. The teachers are awesome and very involved with the students. They truly care about their success and work hard to find the best learning tools. The administration is very approachable and concerned about making High Point Academy the best school around. Sending our daughter to this school has been one of the best educational decisions for our family.

Do your homework on how Charter schools work- ESPECIALLY this school that has no control -no vision - no guidance. They run good teachers off for cheaper ones, hire a 3rd principal. Because of their horrific test scores in math and english they have cut science and social studies down to 2 hrs a week total- and the same time keep short days ending at 2:00 on Wednesdays- this is 1.5 hours that could actually be used to TEACH! Kids are supposed to get out at 3:30 every day the younger grades are always outside waiting for their parents by 3:15-yet another opportunity the school is pathetic. I am a VERY Supportive parent of our school normally and always of my childs education process. We volunteered over 100 hours last year, we read to our child, we ensure homework is done and understood. RUN FROM THIS SCHOOL FAST!

I am the Librarian at High Point Academy and it is a full time position. I teach literature and research/library skills to grades K-6 and provide library services to all the students and faculty. I hope this clears up any confusion, Ms. Eastwood

The administration is absolutely on the right track with their plans to grow and establish this school as a quality learning environmnt. This school has a blend of young and tenured teachers, and there is a great energy and sincere interest in the future here. The tenured teachors are not grouchy and waiting out retirement and the younger teachers are all very bright and have fresh and relevant perspectives. All of the feedback from my children includes statements of being encouraged and valued which is critical to their success. We are a very happy HPA family.

Where do I start? The Executive Director who was also the Principal last year 2012/13 really made a mess of things. She needs to be replaced because she runs the school on personal feelings rather than what is right for the school. If she doesn't like you, she will target your kids. Beware, because she is in this position of power so she thinks she is untouchable and will mishandle your kids whatever way she likes. My kids wanted to be at the school to be with friends they had met over the last few years but because we speak up for our kids,she screwed us out of our school spots. Not right at all. Beware. Karma always prevail.

I moved from the Douglas County School district last year and currently have a midddle school and elementary school student at HPA. I have been extremely please and impressed so far. Parents need to realize that the roots of education and the success of their children is planted at home. HPA has cultivated and encouraged my children and they have really grown. Diversity across America is challenging; yet I see HPA staff responding to the need for understanding and acceptance and it is admirable.

Hpa is not where you want to go! Administration is lazy and have very little skill at running a school. Hpa gets rid of good teachers so they don't have to pay them more than a right out of college student with zero experience. Hpa gets away with misadministrations on standardized tests because they fail to report it....this is coming from someone who worked at Hpa. I would choose any school over Hpa! No discipline, kids run the school and an all around terrible program. Notice that staff don't enroll their own students because they know the place is a joke!

This school has been Awesome. I definitely see more parent interaction. Love it! The teachers are very accessible. First year attending and I more involved here than at the other previous school which, is down the street.

Last modified High Point Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.