Posted September 27, 2013
Do your homework on how Charter schools work- ESPECIALLY this school that has no control -no vision - no guidance. They run good teachers off for cheaper ones, hire a 3rd principal. Because of their horrific test scores in math and english they have cut science and social studies down to 2 hrs a week total- and the same time keep short days ending at 2:00 on Wednesdays- this is 1.5 hours that could actually be used to TEACH! Kids are supposed to get out at 3:30 every day the younger grades are always outside waiting for their parents by 3:15-yet another opportunity the school is pathetic. I am a VERY Supportive parent of our school normally and always of my childs education process. We volunteered over 100 hours last year, we read to our child, we ensure homework is done and understood. RUN FROM THIS SCHOOL FAST!

Posted September 24, 2013
I am the Librarian at High Point Academy and it is a full time position. I teach literature and research/library skills to grades K-6 and provide library services to all the students and faculty. I hope this clears up any confusion, Ms. Eastwood

Posted September 23, 2013
The administration is absolutely on the right track with their plans to grow and establish this school as a quality learning environmnt. This school has a blend of young and tenured teachers, and there is a great energy and sincere interest in the future here. The tenured teachors are not grouchy and waiting out retirement and the younger teachers are all very bright and have fresh and relevant perspectives. All of the feedback from my children includes statements of being encouraged and valued which is critical to their success. We are a very happy HPA family.

Posted August 29, 2013
Where do I start? The Executive Director who was also the Principal last year 2012/13 really made a mess of things. She needs to be replaced because she runs the school on personal feelings rather than what is right for the school. If she doesn't like you, she will target your kids. Beware, because she is in this position of power so she thinks she is untouchable and will mishandle your kids whatever way she likes. My kids wanted to be at the school to be with friends they had met over the last few years but because we speak up for our kids,she screwed us out of our school spots. Not right at all. Beware. Karma always prevail.

Posted August 22, 2013
I moved from the Douglas County School district last year and currently have a midddle school and elementary school student at HPA. I have been extremely please and impressed so far. Parents need to realize that the roots of education and the success of their children is planted at home. HPA has cultivated and encouraged my children and they have really grown. Diversity across America is challenging; yet I see HPA staff responding to the need for understanding and acceptance and it is admirable.

Posted June 22, 2013
Hpa is not where you want to go! Administration is lazy and have very little skill at running a school. Hpa gets rid of good teachers so they don't have to pay them more than a right out of college student with zero experience. Hpa gets away with misadministrations on standardized tests because they fail to report it....this is coming from someone who worked at Hpa. I would choose any school over Hpa! No discipline, kids run the school and an all around terrible program. Notice that staff don't enroll their own students because they know the place is a joke!

Posted May 28, 2013
This school has been Awesome. I definitely see more parent interaction. Love it! The teachers are very accessible. First year attending and I more involved here than at the other previous school which, is down the street.

High Point Academy 2

Posted January 10, 2013
Run as fast as you can. Poor Administration, over-worked teachers, unfriendly staff. Too many kids in classrooms and having children sit on the lunchroom floor. WHAT!!!! And I thought ODB was bad.

Posted November 06, 2012
I am a new parent, and I have been impressed so far. The teachers care for my children. Other teachers and staff know my kids by name and know me. For the school size that is important and comforting.

Posted August 17, 2012
My grandson was at High Point Academy Preschool,morning session for two days and it was two days too long. We had the worst expereience. I was an employee of Aurora Public Schools for 28 years so I do know how to teach children. My first complaint, the schools sends home a list about what kind of snacks the children can bring to school and what kind of snacks they can't bring to school. We did make a mistake the first day and sent two fruits and got a nasty note,that was our fault, the second day we sent peanut butter in celery got another very nasty note about the peanut butter and peanut butter is on the approved snack list. The staff outside yelled at us that we are not walking in the proper areas to drop off the kids, what an example these adults are making for the children attending the school and the worst thing that happened to my grandson was they put his name tag upside down on the back of his shirt.The teacher had all morning to fix this mistake it is so disrespectful to the child and how do you teach a child to recognize letters when the word is upside down? The yelling, the snack mistakes and the disrespect in just two half days, what kind of education is this?

High Point Academy
6750 North Dunkirk Street, Aurora, CO  80019
Last modified High Point Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High Point Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews.