Posted April 15, 2014
This school is terrible. We were told we were going to be in one of the best school districts in CO. I hope that means the rest of the Cherry Creek schools far surpass this one. Our daughter was being inappropriately harassed by a boy classmate and when the teacher tried to get to the bottom of the problem, the parents blamed the teacher for their son's behavior- he's 10 years old and in 4th grade! My son was spit on and bullied by his classmates almost daily. The children here are so poorly behaved that no learning takes place here. I pulled my children out of there and homeschool them until we can move to an area with a school with children who are actually parented! They are learning so much more at home with me than they ever did at Village East. Don't send your kids here if you actually care about them and their education!

Posted February 20, 2014
My son has been attending this school for over two years now and in that time he has made A great deal of improvement especially with his reading for the most part the teachers and staff have been helpful and have helped him better than any other school he has attended .

Village East Community Elementary School 2

Posted November 15, 2013
The school is very diverse but I believe the teachers are stretched too thin and students have a difficult time excelling and are not stimulated enought.

Posted July 18, 2013
Village East is not a school I would expect to be in Cherry Creek School District. There is virtually no supervision in the before and after care center. The children fight and argue with no help at all from administrators and staff. My child has been unaccounted for many times in the school and the aftercare program.

Posted June 03, 2013
Village East Community Elementary is a wonderful school if you actually take the time and effort to get to know the teachers and other faculty. My son was in Ms. Willards class as a Kindergartner and I could not have asked for a more devoted outstanding teacher. Unlike other parents I actually spent time in his classroom and went on fieldtrips so I feel that I got a good indication fo the kind of teacher she was. She has high expectations of her kids as do I and she does not put up with messing around in the classroom nor disruptive kids. She spends time with each student and really knows each childs ability and strengths and builds on those. I could not believe the control she had over the classroom with the student teacher ratio they expect these teachers to work in. I would recommend Ms. Willard to anyone that has a child entering Kindergarten. She is involved in her class and the school which if you took the time or effort to talk to her you would know. This year my son was in 1st grade. There were some small issues that the school immediately addressed and my son went to another class. Still I love this school and the administration for the care and concern they show

Posted June 01, 2013
My child has been at Village East since Kindergarten, she is now going into 3rd grade. The school itself is full of children from all cultural and economic backgrounds. While at this school my child has thrived academically, and has grown into an amazing individual. I believe this is due to her early experience at the school. For the parent who made the comment about Ms. Willard I have to say I strongly disagree. Ms. Willard is an amazing teacher. She meets her students where they are academically and pushes them to work at their highest potential. She doesn't just teach the student, she takes to time to build relationships with the families, and attends every school function even when the event happens while she is off track. Even though my child has moved on, Ms Willard has been instrumental in helping me advocate for my child by sitting in on meetings with teachers, providing articles, and getting my child involved in activities outside of school. A bully is definitely not I word I would use to describe Ms. Willard.

Village East Community Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2013
Village East Ms. Willard is a great teacher, she has taught all 3 of my girls. She is old school and doesn't put up with anything. If you have not done your job as a parent by getting your children ready for school. What do you expect her to do! Bully she is definitly not. She has high expectations and gets the job done with what she has to work with. So PARENTS meet the teacher half way and do your part before they arrive!

Posted April 23, 2013
This elementary school is by far the worst school in cherry creek school district. The entire administrative staff needs to be replaced especially Mrs.WILLARD (kindergarten teacher). This women is a bully to the small kids in kindergarten. like the other reviewer said, we found our child outside the class room ten minutes before school ends. So, we pull him out of this horrible school and put him in privet school. I do not recommend this school at all! If you have a choice of schools please, please choose a different one!

Village East Community Elementary School 5

Posted April 13, 2012
I am one of those parents who is constantly involved in my childs' care and education - and I LOVE LOVE Village East. The kids there are loving little children who are ready to learn under the supervision of EXCELLENT teachers. Of course there are always kids who make it tough in the classroom/on the playground - but overall the atmosphere is superb. As a very diverse school, it embraces the cultures of all the children which I love. And I find the school to be a secure and safe environment for my precious little ones. I couldn't ask for more from the staff and students at Village East.

Posted March 14, 2012
Village east is a is a very scary school to me.My children moved to this school and all my children right when they stepped into that school they begged me to move.My child was attending 2nd grade at the time,and she had the meanest teacher I've ever knew.I'm not going to point fingers,but the village east staff has a lack of hard-working people.To many teens are working there and most of them don't even care about the kids.It frightens me that my child can walk off with some stranger and never to be seen or heard from again.My child told me about the things he sees during recess,there are children doing things they shouldn't til their in high school.There are kids cussing which in all cases shouldn't be allowed,kids having boyfriends and girlfriends and kissing,and many other things that are to inappropriate ti be said.I'd moved my child the first month my child been at that inappropriate school.If I had to rate this school between 1 out of a billion it would be below 1 that's for sure.

Village East Community Elementary School
1433 South Oakland St, Aurora, CO  80012
(720) 747-2000
Last modified Village East Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Village East Community Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top