Aurora, CO

Buffalo Trail Elementary School 2

Posted January 24, 2015
Disappointed in this school, to say the least. Very little supervision of students in the early morning, my child has been in pre-school for years and has never had as many injuries as they have had in 6 months, and office staff is very rude and unhelpful. They can't even get the letters on the building fixed and they have been missing for months. Just a lack of care on all levels. Looking at other options in my area.

Posted September 22, 2014
I cannot gush about this school enough! My daughter is in kindergarten at Buffalo Trail. Since starting Buffalo Trail a month ago she's already started reading! She's also doing some pretty heavy addition! The teachers all seem enthusiastic and excited to be there. My daughter's teacher Ms. Swanson is the quintessential kindergarten teacher that every student wishes they had. She's a great communicator (responds to parent concerns and questions immediately) and I have literally never seen her without a huge smile on her face. The school itself is clean, organized, and runs seamlessly with a huge staff. The bottom line is that my daughter cannot wait to get to school to learn and as a parent I could not be more thrilled!

Posted July 24, 2014
I have been going to buffalo trail for 4 years now, and the best teacher I had was Mr. Towner. Most people had him for kindergarden, but I had him for 3rd grade. All the teacers are so nice!

Buffalo Trail Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
My daughter attends kindergarten in Buffalo Trail Elementary School, I'm very pleased with her teacher, she has been learning a lot since she started school..

Buffalo Trail Elementary School 2

Posted December 21, 2013
My daughter's school is pretty good. But the staff is very rude. Some of the staff say things about a student's race. One incident that my daughter had with a recess monitor, was when the staff member grabbed my daughter, and threw her to the ground. She was knocked out, and had to the go t the hospital because of the concussion. The rude staff member still works there. Some of my daughter's friends have experienced these types of things as well

Buffalo Trail Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
My Son loves going to Bufalo Trail, the teacher and staff are great. My son is learning so much everyday.

Posted August 27, 2013
This is our second year with children at this school. It is a fantastic school. Caring, dedicated staff who truly see the children they work with. We have both children with some special needs and who qualify for the Gifted and Talented program and both needs are met brillantly. LOVE this school and the staff here.

Posted November 24, 2012
I have gone here since it opened in 2006- this is my last year here. I have had so much fun in the curriculum up until this year where I just can't deal with the teacher (then again, she's new this year and needs to settle in a bit...). Other than that, they have an amazing gifted/talented program and also a fantastic ILC/special needs program. The lunch program in Cherry Creek Schools has always been good, and probably will always be. During the fourth year there (third grade for me) there were about 32 kids in a class and about 1100 kids total, but Pine Ridge got rid of the 500 kid overflow. I am not sure about middle school or what it will be like, but my education so far has been fun, welcoming, and better than the program in Aurora School District.

Posted August 19, 2010
I love Buffalo Trail! We have been at this school 4 years now, and have yet to have a problem. The teachers are responsive and attentive. They challenge the students and expect excellences. I've enjoyed getting to know the staff and principal as well. Any concerns have been addressed and handles promptly and to my satisfaction. The teachers are top-notch and seem to love what they are doing. Last year was a difficult year due to growth in the school that wasn't relieved until a new school opened in the area this year! But I thought everyone handled it the best they could. I'm very thankful to be able to send my children to Buffalo Trail.

Posted July 07, 2010
My oldest daughter just finished kindergarten and we are so pleased with the level of learning that occurred over the year she was there. Her teacher communicated well and I found the homework appropriate in aiding in her overall success - she is reading wonderfully, adding, subtracting, telling time etc. She is blossoming socially as well. Buffalo Trail has a FANTASTIC Enrichment program for families that must work full time - the teachers are AMAZING - my daughter loved going to school every day! The parking lot can be a bit of a nightmare but they have made some changes to make it safer. My daughter is excited to start 1st grade and our youngest daughter will start pre-school in the fall as well.

Buffalo Trail Elementary School
24300 East Progress Dr, Aurora, CO  80016
Last modified Buffalo Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buffalo Trail Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top