Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

My daughter is in kindergarten and loves her teacher. Since her mom is from Mexico it is very important for our daughter to be able to speak Spanish. We are extremely happy with the language options the school offers. In addition, the ENCORE programs are GREAT! -An Extremely HAPPY Parent! :-)

My child is currently in kindergarten and enjoys the different classes. She seems to be doing well and learning.

The teachers are involved and supportive. There are a ton of after school activities to participate in and it's a great location. My son has thrived at this school and had benefited from learning a second language.

This is a champagne education with a beer price. My oldest started as a 1st grader in Mandarin the first year this school was opened. The staff and teachers are everything you could hope for. Now he is in high school and has to have 2 years of language to prepare for graduation. He is grateful that he had so many years of Mandarin as learning Spanish has been easy for him. I cannot say enough good things about this school.

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

They gave an excellent class on bullying and I loved the tools and empowerment to intervene that my daughter came home with.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

They make adjustments as needed and accept parent's feedback. I feel comfortable to provide constructive feedback.

Develops character: Agree

The school can only do so much. They try and it only sticks if we reinforce at home. If we display these values, our children then display them in school. Unfortunately there are some aggressive parents, but I think that shows up in every environment.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

At first my daughter struggled with her homework and it was stressful for us as a family. They have made adjustments and we no longer feel the stress. Thank you!

I am so happy that I enrolled our children here. We were hesitant at first because of what people say about standardized test scores of children in immersion schools, but are now so happy we did it anyways! Our kids are now bilingual and functioning above their grade level. Fluent adults complement their Spanish. Also, I love the community of families that we have bonded with. I commend the staff for what they do for our kiddos! Teaching is hard enough as it is so I can imagine how much harder it is to communicate when you are speaking in a foreign language. But it works. Thank you!

Amount of homework: Agree

If you follow what homework the teacher wants them to do and help your kids with the homework it is effective!

Last modified Global Village Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.