Posted June 15, 2015
We moved here from another state where my daughter was in an International Baccalaureate World school. Originally, I wanted her in a magnet or charter program, but we missed the cut off for School Choice, so we were "stuck" with our assigned school. I am SO glad we were. My daughter has THRIVED at Cimarron, and loves going to school. Gone are the days I had to fight with her to go to school. My rising fourth grader reads at an EIGHTH GRADE level! I came from a school that used a stop light form of discipline, that only negatively reinforced the students for misbehavior. Cimarron's P.R.I.D.E. initiative really helps the kids think positively about themselves and others, and the fact that they use ONLY positive reinforcement for behavioral modification makes me very happy. The teachers at Cimarron are trained to positively reward the good behavior they expect from their charges. Class sizes are small and the atmosphere of community is very evident all over the school. It has many extracurricular activities to choose from: too many for one child to do them all! They have choir, math club, science club, and athletics, and others I can't remember. I am happy and proud to be a part of the Cimarron family.

Cimarron Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 15, 2015
The entire school uses their P.R.I.D.E. program, which stands for: Positivity, Respect, Inclusiveness, and Dedication to Excellence. It's reinforced daily.

Posted May 31, 2015
I HIGHLY disagree with the last post. I have had nothing but professional, caring and curteous interactions with the principal and staff members at Cimarron. My kids love going to school here and I can tell that the teachers have meaningful relationships with students because my kids are always telling me about the special things their teachers do for them and how important they feel. This school is AMAZING!

Cimarron Elementary School 1

Posted April 11, 2015
The principal at Cimarron Elementary School is extremely unprofessional and the staff needs a lesson in social contracts. This school has gone down hill.

Posted March 22, 2015
Our journey at Cimarron is on its 15th year between our three children. We have had such a wonderful time with the whole Cimarron Community. I volunteered to be the President of the PTCO and held that position for two years. That job gave me such wonderful insight to how things were run at Cimarron. I had the opportunity to work closely with the teachers and I was able to see the passion they had for their work and for their students. The fact that teachers have come to graduations and important family events has meant the world to us. So much so my daughter attended UNC for her Bachelor degree in Elementary Education. She returned to Cimarron to do her student teaching right along the very same teachers who taught her. The teachers and staff there welcomed her and shared their knowledge, experience, and love for teaching with her. She is now a teacher at Cimarron and we are all just so happy for her. She feels so valued and respected and loves teaching there! It takes a special school and staff to foster an environment where a student wants to return to be a teacher and we are forever grateful for our time there. Go Mustangs!!!!!!

Posted March 10, 2015
My son is in 5th grade and has been at Cimarron since kindergarten. We have always been happy there. Ever year he has had great teachers. It's a great school!

Posted March 05, 2015
This is my first year teaching here at Cimarron Elementary School in Aurora and I could not be more pleased to be part of such an amazing community of students, staff and parents! From my very first day on it was clear to me that the principal has worked extremely hard and diligently at creating a warm and welcoming culture where all individuals feel both comfortable and respected. I continue to discover new ways in which Cimarron's mission to inspire and nurture lifelong learning; every heart, every mind, every day is being achieved and this has become a continuous reminder for me of the wonderful place I now belong!

Posted March 05, 2015
My children are both very happy at this school. I feel like Cimarron offers advanced learning opportunities to children who need them, which keeps them from getting bored easily. They break children up into an array of learning groups (levels 1-9) for both specialized reading and math which caters to each child's needs. The teachers are invested in their students' growth, and I see that in their weekly reports. This school cares about my kids!

Posted March 04, 2015
I am a teacher at Cimarron, and I love it! It is truly an atmosphere that fosters growth, accountability, and a team of professionals that want nothing except to make an everlasting, positive difference in each and every student. Cimarron goes above and beyond to make all staff members, students, and families feel part of a safe, inclusive community of learners! We have an outstanding principal, who gives us access to many professional development opportunities which enables us to teach our future! Diana is truly an exceptional principal, who cares about each member of the Cimarron community. It is refreshing and reassuring to be in such a positive environment under the leadership of someone who has a vision that makes Cimarron a very unique, comforting, and safe to teach! I am proud to say that I work at Cimarron and that if I had children, I would want me children to experience their journey in elementary school at Cimarron, where every student matters.

Posted March 04, 2015
My son has been attending Cimarron since first grade and is gearing up for 5th grade next year. Cimarron is truly an exceptional school that is the embodiment the Cherry School District motto To inspire every student to think, to learn, to achieve, to care. I see this from every staff member every time I am in the school. The entire staff cares deeply about every single student. I could write for days, but simply put Cimarron is a wonderful school with a staff that takes PRIDE in their work, takes action to ensure a truly inclusive and safe environment, and would be an excellent choice for any parent.

Cimarron Elementary School
17373 East Lehigh Place, Aurora, CO  80013
Last modified Cimarron Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cimarron Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top