Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Horizon has been great for our son he has truly excelled and his teachers have,been wonderful.

Teachers bully and degrade students. Administration does nothing.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is there to reinforce lessons, and not a huge amount of it.

Horizon is working out great for my child. He has teachers ho are engaged and working with him to help him succeed. That makes a huge difference. Totally happy with the school the staff, the programs.

I have attended a lot of schools, yet this school is one of the most memorable for me. I made strong connections with several teacher who would even, at times, stay late to work with me. I entered this school thinking that was just not that smart. Luckily, I was able to meet teachers that believed in me and helped me change that mindset. There I learned that I was dyslexic, but I was encouraged to not allow that to limit what I believed I could do. This support help to mold the rest of my life.

I enjoy the staff., BUT what I find disturbing is that they assign homework the day before major tests. This is 6th grade, 1st year of multiple teachers and A&B type schedules and then their bombarded with homework. It's no wonder these kids are failing their main classes. It's alot for some students and I think something needs to be done. HOW ARE THEY LEARNING???????

This school is really great they have wonderful teachers that care and you can make friends really fast and easy my frist day I already made 3 or 2 friends sure there might be bullys but they do the best they can to stop that if i were a parent I would want my kid to go to horizon.

This is a great school the teachers are so friendly it's just that the students aren't so friendly they are kind of mean.otherwise it's a great school the teachers really care

Worst three years of my life. Teachers didn't care. I don't remember who the principal was she never came out of her office. You don't thrive in this school, you survive it and leave the first chance you get.

In the past this school was really in the bottom list. In the beginning of school year I see that they were so many understanding between students and staff. And as a parent my husband and I got involve. I see that a lot of parents don t get involve here. I can see how many students that don t have discipline here (which is really start from home). Now and then, I have been visiting, meeting the teacher's and ask for my kid s progress. Substitute teachers are not great in-fact they are horrible with kids and hoping someday I get a chance to observe this subs. Teachers are wonderful, willing to assist and help the kids succeed.

Last modified Horizon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.