Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I have attended a lot of schools, yet this school is one of the most memorable for me. I made strong connections with several teacher who would even, at times, stay late to work with me. I entered this school thinking that was just not that smart. Luckily, I was able to meet teachers that believed in me and helped me change that mindset. There I learned that I was dyslexic, but I was encouraged to not allow that to limit what I believed I could do. This support help to mold the rest of my life.

I enjoy the staff., BUT what I find disturbing is that they assign homework the day before major tests. This is 6th grade, 1st year of multiple teachers and A&B type schedules and then their bombarded with homework. It's no wonder these kids are failing their main classes. It's alot for some students and I think something needs to be done. HOW ARE THEY LEARNING???????

This school is really great they have wonderful teachers that care and you can make friends really fast and easy my frist day I already made 3 or 2 friends sure there might be bullys but they do the best they can to stop that if i were a parent I would want my kid to go to horizon.

This is a great school the teachers are so friendly it's just that the students aren't so friendly they are kind of mean.otherwise it's a great school the teachers really care

Worst three years of my life. Teachers didn't care. I don't remember who the principal was she never came out of her office. You don't thrive in this school, you survive it and leave the first chance you get.

In the past this school was really in the bottom list. In the beginning of school year I see that they were so many understanding between students and staff. And as a parent my husband and I got involve. I see that a lot of parents don t get involve here. I can see how many students that don t have discipline here (which is really start from home). Now and then, I have been visiting, meeting the teacher's and ask for my kid s progress. Substitute teachers are not great in-fact they are horrible with kids and hoping someday I get a chance to observe this subs. Teachers are wonderful, willing to assist and help the kids succeed.

Horizon is a good school. The teachers are very supportive and have good methods. The principal and vice principal are amazing. This school definitely deserves 4 stars.

This school has been a great experience for me AND my child. The staff is all very approachable - from administrators, to teacher, to lunch ladies! I was worried about my child getting lost in such a big school but they do a great job of keeping the 6th graders "looked after" and really do know all the kids by name. It feels like a small school in a big setting. The teachers are engaging, ad administration is supportive. What a great middle school experience! :)

I am very impressed with this school.I'm only in 7th grade, but so far it has been a GREAT learning experience. I am a current AVID student and we demonstrate our school.We are proud of who we are.The teachers are great!!!!!

Horizon has excelled over the last few years and the leadership has really taken charge. I would encourage parents to throw away their school of choice forms. The kids from the elementary feeder schools are bright and ready to learn. This school has been an VERY positive experience for my son and daughter. Horizon is a hidden gem that does not get the credit it deserves. So glad we didn't transfer them to the "other" middle school in the area!

Last modified Horizon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.