Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Overworked teachers, children are not happy, staff doesn't care. This is the last school I would want my child to go to.

We school of choice into Meadow Point. We've had horrible experiences at another CC school and we have been well cared for here. The teachers genuinely care about the success of these kids. They are so supportive no matter where your child is at.

The new principal has been fantastic for the school! My kids are happy and their test scores are better now than they were at the previous "highly rated" school. The teachers here really do care about all students, and the extensive staff of support professionals are better than any we have worked with before. Parent involvement this year is better than in the past.

We moved but stayed at Meadow Point. New principal is great. My daughter loves her school. Great teachers.

Meadowpoint - I have heard that one of the classes had been working in class during the just passed Christmas season and they were listening to Christmas music in the background - Principal McDonald told the teacher that they couldn't listen to the Christmas music and made her stop playing the music. What kind of society are we that we can't even listen to Christmas music because some people might find it offensive. is this the kind of Principal we want dictating policy to our teachers and our kids! I just wish this had happened to one of my kids when they were in school. I don't know if any of you parents out there knew about this but if you did - I hope you did something about it. This is still a Judeo/Christian. nation - let's keep it that way!! Stand for something or fall for anything! Evil wins when Good people see evil and stand by and do nothing. This may seem small but what's next, we can't think about Christmas, we can't hum songs, is mind control far off or is it next????

I don't understand the negative reviews.. you can't please every parent, but I have several children and have moved a bit during their childhood and therefore experienced several different Cherry Creek schools. I can say without a doubt that this is no better or worse than any other. The teachers here are genuinely caring and do push their kids to work hard and the rigor and quality is what you would expect in CCSD.

I switched my son from Heritage elementary after kindergarten because we had moved. I was apprehensive of this school due to the reviews, but I am certainly impressed! He is learning so much and his teachers are always communicating. They've learned how to motivate him and keep him interested in school. Last year, I couldn't get my son excited for school, or to talk to me about his day. This year, it's a whole new ball game. He started off not knowing anyone, and had met nothing but nice children. Bullying will occur no matter where you are, but he hasn't had a single run in. He is actually happy at this school and is excelling. Kudos to Meadow Point.

We have lived in this neighborhood for 8 years and sent our oldest to first grade at Meadow Point this year. We are so disappointed, which is a shame because we love our neighborhood and 10 minute walk to school. Our daughter has not been challenged and she's only 7! She comes home with her nails chewed off, having tantrums from the boredom. The school focuses it's attention on the children that are behind, leaving children like my daughter lost in the shuffle. The children are only allowed on the playground once a day and they aren't even allowed to play before school starts. Kindergarten doesn't go outside at all, therefore, we are not even sending our son to school there. They have watched numerous movies throughout the year as "fillers" with substitutes, testing, etc. There are adults in the building that actually bully the students and the principal is a less than responsive. There are a few really awesome teachers but the tone of the school is so negative, those few don't outweigh the rest. Parent involvement is pretty much non-existent, though, with the lack of positive energy at the schoool, I'm not surprised. Sadly disappointing for a Cherry Creek School.

We moved into the area and bought a home thinking that cherry creek schools were great. My son attended kindergarten at this school. It was an awful experience. I tried to be involved only to be denied and treated with disdain. My son who is now in another school in an excelled program, would come home in tears and was in trouble for some of the silliest things. He was five and got in trouble for drawing on an eraser. The kindergarten teacher brought them outside after class to show them to me and to humiliate him and try to make him feel like he was a bad kid. He has had no trouble at all this year at his new school. He is a creative, smart child and would cry at the thought of going to school. The principal will not say hello or make eye contact. We left our home and relocated to find a wonderful school where the teachers smile and love our kids. If you want a school where your kid can be a happy kid, I would suggest finding one elsewhere. This is a school where they expect the kids to be robotic. The homework was the same for the entire year. Kids need to be challenged and taught to love to learn.

Not a school for your child to attend if you need that school to support you and your child. The staff fail to meet the needs of the children on so many levels and fail to see that not every child is the same. If you do stand up they try to shoot you down. This is a school to avoid. About the only good thing in this school is the nurse who does a great job.

Last modified Meadow Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.