Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 19, 2016
We school of choice into Meadow Point. We've had horrible experiences at another CC school and we have been well cared for here. The teachers genuinely care about the success of these kids. They are so supportive no matter where your child is at.

Posted December 02, 2014
The new principal has been fantastic for the school! My kids are happy and their test scores are better now than they were at the previous "highly rated" school. The teachers here really do care about all students, and the extensive staff of support professionals are better than any we have worked with before. Parent involvement this year is better than in the past.

Posted June 27, 2014
We moved but stayed at Meadow Point. New principal is great. My daughter loves her school. Great teachers.

Meadow Point Elementary School 4

Posted January 08, 2014
Meadowpoint - I have heard that one of the classes had been working in class during the just passed Christmas season and they were listening to Christmas music in the background - Principal McDonald told the teacher that they couldn't listen to the Christmas music and made her stop playing the music. What kind of society are we that we can't even listen to Christmas music because some people might find it offensive. is this the kind of Principal we want dictating policy to our teachers and our kids! I just wish this had happened to one of my kids when they were in school. I don't know if any of you parents out there knew about this but if you did - I hope you did something about it. This is still a Judeo/Christian. nation - let's keep it that way!! Stand for something or fall for anything! Evil wins when Good people see evil and stand by and do nothing. This may seem small but what's next, we can't think about Christmas, we can't hum songs, is mind control far off or is it next????

Posted January 03, 2014
I don't understand the negative reviews.. you can't please every parent, but I have several children and have moved a bit during their childhood and therefore experienced several different Cherry Creek schools. I can say without a doubt that this is no better or worse than any other. The teachers here are genuinely caring and do push their kids to work hard and the rigor and quality is what you would expect in CCSD.

Meadow Point Elementary School 4

Posted November 10, 2013
I switched my son from Heritage elementary after kindergarten because we had moved. I was apprehensive of this school due to the reviews, but I am certainly impressed! He is learning so much and his teachers are always communicating. They've learned how to motivate him and keep him interested in school. Last year, I couldn't get my son excited for school, or to talk to me about his day. This year, it's a whole new ball game. He started off not knowing anyone, and had met nothing but nice children. Bullying will occur no matter where you are, but he hasn't had a single run in. He is actually happy at this school and is excelling. Kudos to Meadow Point.

Posted April 28, 2012
We have lived in this neighborhood for 8 years and sent our oldest to first grade at Meadow Point this year. We are so disappointed, which is a shame because we love our neighborhood and 10 minute walk to school. Our daughter has not been challenged and she's only 7! She comes home with her nails chewed off, having tantrums from the boredom. The school focuses it's attention on the children that are behind, leaving children like my daughter lost in the shuffle. The children are only allowed on the playground once a day and they aren't even allowed to play before school starts. Kindergarten doesn't go outside at all, therefore, we are not even sending our son to school there. They have watched numerous movies throughout the year as "fillers" with substitutes, testing, etc. There are adults in the building that actually bully the students and the principal is a less than responsive. There are a few really awesome teachers but the tone of the school is so negative, those few don't outweigh the rest. Parent involvement is pretty much non-existent, though, with the lack of positive energy at the schoool, I'm not surprised. Sadly disappointing for a Cherry Creek School.

Posted April 27, 2012
We moved into the area and bought a home thinking that cherry creek schools were great. My son attended kindergarten at this school. It was an awful experience. I tried to be involved only to be denied and treated with disdain. My son who is now in another school in an excelled program, would come home in tears and was in trouble for some of the silliest things. He was five and got in trouble for drawing on an eraser. The kindergarten teacher brought them outside after class to show them to me and to humiliate him and try to make him feel like he was a bad kid. He has had no trouble at all this year at his new school. He is a creative, smart child and would cry at the thought of going to school. The principal will not say hello or make eye contact. We left our home and relocated to find a wonderful school where the teachers smile and love our kids. If you want a school where your kid can be a happy kid, I would suggest finding one elsewhere. This is a school where they expect the kids to be robotic. The homework was the same for the entire year. Kids need to be challenged and taught to love to learn.

Posted April 18, 2012
Not a school for your child to attend if you need that school to support you and your child. The staff fail to meet the needs of the children on so many levels and fail to see that not every child is the same. If you do stand up they try to shoot you down. This is a school to avoid. About the only good thing in this school is the nurse who does a great job.

Posted April 18, 2012
Very disappointed in this Cherry Creek school. I had such high hopes to come crashing down so hard. The teacher I have encountered so far, have failed to do her job on every level so far. My child has no idea what is going on in class and yet all I hear is how great everything is from the staff. Communication is a joke with any other important person in that school. The higher up I climb to complain the more problems in the school we have. Nothing gets resolved and it is my kids education that suffers for it. I was not impressed with the OT though the person seemed very nice. Over all the school is a failure and I will be quite glad to be gone when we can get out. Don't willing go there.

Meadow Point Elementary School
17901 East Grand Avenue, Aurora, CO  80015
Last modified Meadow Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.