Aurora, CO

Posted January 12, 2011
The level of support for the kids with special needs is outstanding. The teachers do everything they can to help these kids succeed.

Posted October 06, 2009
My step kids went to Sunrise from Kindergarten all the way through. Great school, fantastic staff, most especially the late Millie Lacefield. She was the most amazing person and teacher.

Posted July 17, 2008
This is an awesome school! It's a great community tio be a part of! The teachers are phenomenal, the best in the business.

Posted September 26, 2007
Even though we have had a new principal and assistant principal this year, there is still a greatness about this school. Every staff member is dedicated to not only the education of our children, but also their safety, wellbeing and happiness. I have 2 kids here, 1st and 4th. I am very happy.

Posted September 26, 2007
The staff at Sunrise is certainly a dedicated and cooperative one, with student achievement being a top priority. Our parent community is by and large a supportive one, with an active PTCO and other parent groups. What parents really should look at is whether or not their children are making adequate gains, are encouraged and motivated by their teachers, and are given opportunities to develop their interests and strengths. I believe we do a great job of that at Sunrise.

Posted April 23, 2007
We have two boys (K&5th) that attend this school. The faculty is very attentive to our children's needs as well as ours as parents. We will be moving this summer and hope to find a school that is as great as Sunrise. This school is definitely academically and community oriented.

Posted December 06, 2005
My daughter and son having being going to this school since my daughter was 6 and its always been fantastic! they do change teachers alot but she speaks highly of it. Also everything is done the same , so when i was curious to what happens when its too cold to play my daughter said they watch a movie and my son was so excited about it.

Posted August 30, 2004
Our son(our youngest)has been in the school for 1 yr, This is THE BEST elementary school I've ever encountered & with 3 kids & having lived in 3 different states/15 cummulative years of PTO & 6 different school districts- that is saying something! We moved here on purpous because of the school district. The Reading Academy & O.T. are WONDERFUL! If you are thinking about moving to this area & are concerned about the tax base it is worth every penny simply for the schools. The year round schools are better for the kids eventhough getting used to the new schedules can be abit of a pain.

Posted August 11, 2004
I love this school. The diversity is great! I really feel that not only will my child get a good education, but she will also learn some valuable lessons about life here.

4050 South Genoa Way, Aurora, CO  80013
Last modified Sunrise Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunrise Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top