Aurora, CO

Posted February 25, 2015
It is excellent school I am happy that my kids going to that school. Teachers are best , and school more safer

Posted October 02, 2014
Love the changes that have been made and the new Principal is very attentive and sincere.

Posted September 24, 2013
Excellent school with a very diverse availability of extras to compliment their already strong education regiment. The new principle is very attentive and has great communication skills. I look forward to the next couple of years my daughter will be attending Indian Ridge.

Posted April 20, 2012
As a parent and a teacher at this school, I can say this school is wonderful. The teachers here possess the highest level of collective professional skill. The student population is beautifully diverse, made up of Indian, African American, Asian, Hispanic, Anglo families and others. We're academically diversity, too. Whether a student is gifted, struggling, or somewhere between, their individual needs will be met. Indian Ridge has unique staffing that includes a full-time Nurse and Psychologist, in addition to many specialized teachers who offer support for Gifted & Talented, English Language Acquisition, Special Ed, Speech and Language, Reading Intervention, Occupational Therapy and even an Integrated Learning Center, for students with severe disabilities. Rich experiences, including clubs and special events, are provided in the areas of Art, Music, PE and Technology. Also, the library is staffed by a full-time librarian. The cafeteria has exceptionally healthy offerings, a point of sincere pride in our school. For working parents, there are child care programs before & after school, as well as a kindergarten enrichment program. Only this limited text box keeps me from going on.

Posted September 21, 2010
Indian RIdge has made a world of difference in my children's lives. We were at another Cherry Creek school, and my son was struggling in 2nd grade, and my daughter's teacher reported she didn't do any work but he didn't know why. We switched to Indian Ridge and my son was given the support he needed, and he is now thriving with friends and learning. The staff at the school was concerned about my daughter and they met with myself and my husband to address their concerns and come up with a plan to help her, even though she is not special needs. She is now doing great this year. My biggest indicator: my kids are happy to go to school, and excited to learn. We LOVE Indian Ridge!

Indian Ridge Elementary School

Posted July 30, 2008
My son was at another elementary in the district but I was not satisfied with the resuts. I then moved him to Indian Ridge and I love it there. My son also loves it. He is always excited to go to school and he is he doing good in school. Good teachers and staff. I always recommend that school to friends and families.

Posted August 18, 2007
We have been very happy with Indian Ridge. The teachers and staff are first rate, the facilities are in great shape, and everyone is very welcoming. The school is racially diverse, with a good mix of African-American and Asian (Korean, Chinese, Indian) students. The school is located within the generally upscale Piney Creek housing development. We moved to the area last year and we've always felt very welcome by the parents and the staff. They do music, art, and gym on alternating weeks. This is nice because it gives the kids a chance to learn an instrument or a technique before they move on, rather than doing them all within one week. The before and after-school program is another thing to consider when looking at this school. The quality and professionalism of the people running this program is great.

Posted April 21, 2007
This is a great school! I have loved the teachers that my kids have had. They teachers really love the kids and want the kids to learn. It's not just a 'job' to the teachers that we have had. This past year we received a new principal. She is wonderful! She does this job for the kids and only the kids! She does not seem to be the type that plays the political game! This next year the school will go back to a traditional schedule. The PTA and the community is very strong in this school. You can't go wrong at Indian Ridge

Posted December 16, 2006
I was impressed with my son's teachers. They are genuinely interested in the kids. One of them even attended my Son's little league game. I liked the year-around track schedule. We took advantage of it to vacation during non-peak, uncrowded times of the year. Basically, we saw more of the world for a lot less money. If, however, you have more than one child at the school on different tracks, or another child in middle school (normal schedule), then the track schedule can be a burden. The school was pretty crowded when my son went there (1997 - 2002). In fact, overcrowding is the reason the school adopted the track schedule. They have an after-school care program, but my son never cared for it.

Indian Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted February 16, 2006
We have been very happy with this school and the community. This is a year round school with 4 tracks, which I do not like. The school has offered help and enrichment where needed.

Indian Ridge Elementary School
16501 East Progress Dr, Aurora, CO  80015
Last modified Indian Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top