Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted April 25, 2016
A great community school focused on academics and extra curricular activities. We love Indian Ridge!

Posted April 18, 2016
We transferred my son in the middle of the year. He is 11 and has Autism. We were so frustrated with his prior school, we were going to home school him. The staff at this school has been AMAZING! They welcomed us with open arms and have gone out of their way time and again to help us in any way they can. The principal is SO kind. Every time I see him, he's smiling and talking to someone and going out of his way to make sure everyone is having a great day. He has told me many times, "We're in this together". The ILC department (special needs) is by FAR the BEST program I've ever seen. Mr. Mike, the ILC teacher, is EXACTLY what a special needs teacher should be. He is THE most patient person I've ever seen in my life! ALL of the ILC staff are wonderful. I see them working with other children and they are all so kind and caring! His "typical" teacher (the class he's in when he's not in ILC) is THE sweetest teacher in the world. When the other kids are not in class, she will often come to ILC just to say hi to my son and see how he's doing. The kids are SO amazing with my son. It honestly makes me cry when I think of how all the kiddos go out of their way to say hi to him. I have never seen another child make fun of him or be anything but patient. SO if you are looking for an amazing school (and I have 3 other kids who have gone to different schools so I know), Indian Ridge is it! It is the most amazing elementary school I have ever seen! EVERY single staff member I've had the pleasure of working or meeting have just been SO pleasant and kind and HAPPY with their job (which I think makes a HUGE difference). I just can't say enough about this school. They haven't just done amazing things for my son, they are ALWAYS asking me if there's anything they can do to help or hugging me when I leave crying from a difficult drop off. They are just THE best school! <3

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted April 18, 2016
I can't say thanks to just one of them! The principal (Mr. McDonald) has done so much, even just allowing us to transfer to his school when he knew my son had special needs and would be difficult to work with. He is SO caring and SO kind. Mr. Mike the ILC teacher (special needs) goes above and beyond every single day to help children learn the way that is best for them. He is EXACTLY what a special needs teacher should be like. It amazes me how he works with the kiddos and always seems to be so happy. ALL of the ILC staff are so patient and just truly amazing! Mrs. Whitley takes time out of her day just to come and say hi to my son so that he knows he is part of her classroom even though he might not be there every day. I just can't say enough about all of staff!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted April 18, 2016
EVERY teacher we've worked with so far has gone above and beyond what they needed to while helping my son. They have made many changes to help my son. You can tell by the children that they amazing teachers because the kiddos are amazing! I haven't seen a single child being mean to another, HONESTLY!!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted April 18, 2016
EVERY single day I see either a teacher or student showing compassion towards my son. My 4 children have been in different schools all over and this HONESTLY is THE most caring and compassionate school I've ever been to. The principal is SO approachable and kind! He is just down to earth and never makes you feel like you're bothering him. He always has a smile on his face... actually ALL of the students and facility do! I can't say enough good things!

Posted February 25, 2015
It is excellent school I am happy that my kids going to that school. Teachers are best , and school more safer

Posted October 02, 2014
Love the changes that have been made and the new Principal is very attentive and sincere.

Posted September 24, 2013
Excellent school with a very diverse availability of extras to compliment their already strong education regiment. The new principle is very attentive and has great communication skills. I look forward to the next couple of years my daughter will be attending Indian Ridge.

Posted April 20, 2012
As a parent and a teacher at this school, I can say this school is wonderful. The teachers here possess the highest level of collective professional skill. The student population is beautifully diverse, made up of Indian, African American, Asian, Hispanic, Anglo families and others. We're academically diversity, too. Whether a student is gifted, struggling, or somewhere between, their individual needs will be met. Indian Ridge has unique staffing that includes a full-time Nurse and Psychologist, in addition to many specialized teachers who offer support for Gifted & Talented, English Language Acquisition, Special Ed, Speech and Language, Reading Intervention, Occupational Therapy and even an Integrated Learning Center, for students with severe disabilities. Rich experiences, including clubs and special events, are provided in the areas of Art, Music, PE and Technology. Also, the library is staffed by a full-time librarian. The cafeteria has exceptionally healthy offerings, a point of sincere pride in our school. For working parents, there are child care programs before & after school, as well as a kindergarten enrichment program. Only this limited text box keeps me from going on.

Posted September 21, 2010
Indian RIdge has made a world of difference in my children's lives. We were at another Cherry Creek school, and my son was struggling in 2nd grade, and my daughter's teacher reported she didn't do any work but he didn't know why. We switched to Indian Ridge and my son was given the support he needed, and he is now thriving with friends and learning. The staff at the school was concerned about my daughter and they met with myself and my husband to address their concerns and come up with a plan to help her, even though she is not special needs. She is now doing great this year. My biggest indicator: my kids are happy to go to school, and excited to learn. We LOVE Indian Ridge!

16501 East Progress Drive, Aurora, CO  80015
Last modified Indian Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.