Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

They generally don't even give homework. When they do it takes less than five minutes.

I've had two students attend Rolling Hills. My youngest is in the fifth grade and I couldn't be happier that come May 2017 I will never have to walk into this school again. They have the rudest office staff I have ever encountered and the teachers are sub par at best and they all lack basic communication skills. They NEVER send home ANY completed work, so you NEVER know how your student is performing until you receive a report card. Their GT program seems to be the biggest and best kept secret ever. Obtaing information regarding the GT program is nearly impossible. They respond to inquiries by being as vague and seceretive as possible. If you're lucky enough to have your child evaluated for GT, don't expect to be kept in the loop, it won't happen. The posters who mentioned the unprofessional before and after care teachers, lack of support when your child is being bullied and the constant emphasis on the standardized testing were spot on. Don't even think about discussing your child's test scores either. My child performs way above school, district, state and national average every year but when we ask what we can do to challenge him more in class, the school won't even respond. I'm very saddened and disappointed by this school and the district in general. The schools are all top heavy in highly paid useless administrative staff and very little focus/money actually goes back to teaching the students and fostering intellectual growth. It really is all about public perception with this district. We're very disappointed. However short of moving, which is not practical at this point, we like many other unhappy parents are stuck with this sub par school with it's unprofessional staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The schools is too small for population, they had to move some students out of school and their classroom is in mobiles... 2 fourth grader and 2 fifth grader classes... they don't have a water fountain in the classrooms, when the school is in lock down, it is just not as safe and secure compare to metal school doors or chance of fire... The bullying is a big problem and their asset program is just talk and not much action, they don't take necessary and serious actions against the bullies... Also the before and after care staff are a big disappointment. they are dis organized, dismissive and ignorant. They mix up parents and kids and don't pay attention to the kids and don't have variety of activities other before and after school programs offer. They don't help kids build relationships... they have a completely disconnected principal who doesn't try to communicate with all the kids and encourage their participation in programs, she has a bios toward the kids that been there vs the new kids and don't engage in new kids or tries to know their families or make them feel welcome. The GT program does not exist in this school, they don't have a well trained and dedicated GT teacher that works hard with the kids and tries to give feedback to the parents and engage in enhancing their abilities. If you are a GT kid in this school, you are on your own. You are not getting any additional instruction or encouragement. The teachers are stubborn and don't like parent involvement, they don't care about the mistakes they make and ways they can improve their performance or teaching... I just don't believe it is a good school worthy of grade they received.

My son just started attending Rolling Hills this year (Kindergarten) and absolutley loves the school and his teachers. The teachers have been great about sending home information and answering emails with questions from both my wife and I. I also want to mention that the Veterens Day celebration was very moving, it brought tears to not only my eyes, but several other Veterens in attendance that day.

My children have been going to Rolling Hills for the past 4 years and we love the school. The environment is loving and safe and the most of the teachers go above and beyond their expectations. The teachers are effective in teaching material to the kids and I feel that many are truly exceptional. We have only had one teacher in 4 years that I was not pleased with. My sons teacher this year could care less about PARCC testing and her teaching was not focused towards that exam. Even the school administrators did not seem so keen on the exam. I have had chances to switch my kids school but wouldn't move from Rolling Hills! It's a great place.

I am a student,so I know what goes on in there. They have many fundraisers, but I don't like their way of teaching. I have had only one teacher that helped struggling students,and I will keep his/her name anonymous. All they do is prepare for test such has TCAP and PARRC. I don't recommend it to parents.

My kids went to Rolling Hills for several years. The school spent a lot of time on preparing for state test (CSAP) and did not teach much. When my older one was a third grader, their class started test preparation on Nov. for the exam on next March. Rolling Hills almost always gets good state test scores and is listed as a top school. In reality, it is not very good. Some teachers don't understand that if they really teach students, students will do well in exam even with little preparation. The teacher for gifted students was excellent and very helpful though. Unfortunately her time was limited since she had to teach kids from 1st to 5th grade. My kids moved to Challenge school eventually. Challenge School has a total different learning environment and my kids couldn't be happier.

The school may present a pleasant face to those interested in joining but it's a very different environment once you get there. My child was really unhappy at Rolling Hills and we needed to move to another school. Unchecked bullying was a big problem at the school and was not addressed in a meaningful way by the administration. Another problem was the weak instruction; we had several teachers who just didn't do much teaching and so we had to hire private tutors and work at home to compensate for the lack of learning at school. This was not our first experience with a cherry creek elementary school and we have found with several of our children that cherry creek schools just don't deliver! Our kids have been so bored at school and Rolling Hills is the worst. If your child is an average or high learner, don't send them herel, they will be bored silly. If you ask for more challenge, the teachers seem to "take it out" on your child at school. I've even had teachers I don't know give me dirty looks in the hallway if I dared to question my child's teacher about curriculum! Don't look to the principal for any help at this school, just keep your head down.

I called to set up a time to come in and tour the school. With his learning needs, I wanted to get a better feel for the overall school. I was greeted by a helpful and friendly staff member who immediately said I could come in any day between 10am-2pm. She also said she would have a contact name and number for me when I arrived of a special educator who could answer my questions about providing services for my son. I am posting this because I did not receive such an open door when I called with the same request at a school nearby, Trails West. Thank you Rolling Hills for being so open and helpful.

Last modified Rolling Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.