Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The schools is too small for population, they had to move some students out of school and their classroom is in mobiles... 2 fourth grader and 2 fifth grader classes... they don't have a water fountain in the classrooms, when the school is in lock down, it is just not as safe and secure compare to metal school doors or chance of fire... The bullying is a big problem and their asset program is just talk and not much action, they don't take necessary and serious actions against the bullies... Also the before and after care staff are a big disappointment. they are dis organized, dismissive and ignorant. They mix up parents and kids and don't pay attention to the kids and don't have variety of activities other before and after school programs offer. They don't help kids build relationships... they have a completely disconnected principal who doesn't try to communicate with all the kids and encourage their participation in programs, she has a bios toward the kids that been there vs the new kids and don't engage in new kids or tries to know their families or make them feel welcome. The GT program does not exist in this school, they don't have a well trained and dedicated GT teacher that works hard with the kids and tries to give feedback to the parents and engage in enhancing their abilities. If you are a GT kid in this school, you are on your own. You are not getting any additional instruction or encouragement. The teachers are stubborn and don't like parent involvement, they don't care about the mistakes they make and ways they can improve their performance or teaching... I just don't believe it is a good school worthy of grade they received.

My son just started attending Rolling Hills this year (Kindergarten) and absolutley loves the school and his teachers. The teachers have been great about sending home information and answering emails with questions from both my wife and I. I also want to mention that the Veterens Day celebration was very moving, it brought tears to not only my eyes, but several other Veterens in attendance that day.

My children have been going to Rolling Hills for the past 4 years and we love the school. The environment is loving and safe and the most of the teachers go above and beyond their expectations. The teachers are effective in teaching material to the kids and I feel that many are truly exceptional. We have only had one teacher in 4 years that I was not pleased with. My sons teacher this year could care less about PARCC testing and her teaching was not focused towards that exam. Even the school administrators did not seem so keen on the exam. I have had chances to switch my kids school but wouldn't move from Rolling Hills! It's a great place.

I am a student,so I know what goes on in there. They have many fundraisers, but I don't like their way of teaching. I have had only one teacher that helped struggling students,and I will keep his/her name anonymous. All they do is prepare for test such has TCAP and PARRC. I don't recommend it to parents.

My kids went to Rolling Hills for several years. The school spent a lot of time on preparing for state test (CSAP) and did not teach much. When my older one was a third grader, their class started test preparation on Nov. for the exam on next March. Rolling Hills almost always gets good state test scores and is listed as a top school. In reality, it is not very good. Some teachers don't understand that if they really teach students, students will do well in exam even with little preparation. The teacher for gifted students was excellent and very helpful though. Unfortunately her time was limited since she had to teach kids from 1st to 5th grade. My kids moved to Challenge school eventually. Challenge School has a total different learning environment and my kids couldn't be happier.

The school may present a pleasant face to those interested in joining but it's a very different environment once you get there. My child was really unhappy at Rolling Hills and we needed to move to another school. Unchecked bullying was a big problem at the school and was not addressed in a meaningful way by the administration. Another problem was the weak instruction; we had several teachers who just didn't do much teaching and so we had to hire private tutors and work at home to compensate for the lack of learning at school. This was not our first experience with a cherry creek elementary school and we have found with several of our children that cherry creek schools just don't deliver! Our kids have been so bored at school and Rolling Hills is the worst. If your child is an average or high learner, don't send them herel, they will be bored silly. If you ask for more challenge, the teachers seem to "take it out" on your child at school. I've even had teachers I don't know give me dirty looks in the hallway if I dared to question my child's teacher about curriculum! Don't look to the principal for any help at this school, just keep your head down.

I called to set up a time to come in and tour the school. With his learning needs, I wanted to get a better feel for the overall school. I was greeted by a helpful and friendly staff member who immediately said I could come in any day between 10am-2pm. She also said she would have a contact name and number for me when I arrived of a special educator who could answer my questions about providing services for my son. I am posting this because I did not receive such an open door when I called with the same request at a school nearby, Trails West. Thank you Rolling Hills for being so open and helpful.

Our child has attended Rolling Hills for several years and we would never recommend it. With few exceptions, the teachers communicate poorly and take little pride in their work. This is not a caring environment and some teachers on the staff are poor role models for children. Parent involvement is discouraged and the unspoken rule of engagement is that children can and will be punished in the classroom if parents ask too many questions. There are numerous reports of teachers humiliating and demoralizing children in class there are truly some teacher bullies here. The principal maintains low expectations teachers are unprepared, differentiation to skill level is virtually nonexistent, leaving many children unengaged. Teachers are not expected to grade work, meet with students or communicate with parents. Many families are forced to hire private tutors. Yet despite the additional expense for tutors, the school is always begging for more money. The time has come to stop rewarding bad performance: tax increases and donations should cease entirely until Cherry Creek reins in its awful schools and starts demonstrating accountability.

I am a 8th grade student now and I went to Rolling Hills Elementary all through 4th grade. It is by far the best public elementary school in Denver, Colorado. The staff is great. The teachers will go out of their way to help a student. There is a no tolerance rule, so your children won't have to worry about bad days and bullies. There is a class that your children will go to called Assets. It teaches about not to take anything that looks like candy from anyone. That class can help your children to learn the difference of what candy and drugs look like, so they have knowledge. I don't know who the principal is there now, but the past principal was the best and she was really nice. Otherwise, the school is great from what I remember. I hope you parents reading this will consider to enroll your child/children to this school. It's phenomenal.

Last modified Rolling Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.