Posted February 19, 2014
The school may present a pleasant face to those interested in joining but it's a very different environment once you get there. My child was really unhappy at Rolling Hills and we needed to move to another school. Unchecked bullying was a big problem at the school and was not addressed in a meaningful way by the administration. Another problem was the weak instruction; we had several teachers who just didn't do much teaching and so we had to hire private tutors and work at home to compensate for the lack of learning at school. This was not our first experience with a cherry creek elementary school and we have found with several of our children that cherry creek schools just don't deliver! Our kids have been so bored at school and Rolling Hills is the worst. If your child is an average or high learner, don't send them herel, they will be bored silly. If you ask for more challenge, the teachers seem to "take it out" on your child at school. I've even had teachers I don't know give me dirty looks in the hallway if I dared to question my child's teacher about curriculum! Don't look to the principal for any help at this school, just keep your head down.

Rolling Hills Elementary School 4

Posted January 28, 2014
I called to set up a time to come in and tour the school. With his learning needs, I wanted to get a better feel for the overall school. I was greeted by a helpful and friendly staff member who immediately said I could come in any day between 10am-2pm. She also said she would have a contact name and number for me when I arrived of a special educator who could answer my questions about providing services for my son. I am posting this because I did not receive such an open door when I called with the same request at a school nearby, Trails West. Thank you Rolling Hills for being so open and helpful.

Posted January 08, 2014
Our child has attended Rolling Hills for several years and we would never recommend it. With few exceptions, the teachers communicate poorly and take little pride in their work. This is not a caring environment and some teachers on the staff are poor role models for children. Parent involvement is discouraged and the unspoken rule of engagement is that children can and will be punished in the classroom if parents ask too many questions. There are numerous reports of teachers humiliating and demoralizing children in class there are truly some teacher bullies here. The principal maintains low expectations teachers are unprepared, differentiation to skill level is virtually nonexistent, leaving many children unengaged. Teachers are not expected to grade work, meet with students or communicate with parents. Many families are forced to hire private tutors. Yet despite the additional expense for tutors, the school is always begging for more money. The time has come to stop rewarding bad performance: tax increases and donations should cease entirely until Cherry Creek reins in its awful schools and starts demonstrating accountability.

Posted November 06, 2013
I am a 8th grade student now and I went to Rolling Hills Elementary all through 4th grade. It is by far the best public elementary school in Denver, Colorado. The staff is great. The teachers will go out of their way to help a student. There is a no tolerance rule, so your children won't have to worry about bad days and bullies. There is a class that your children will go to called Assets. It teaches about not to take anything that looks like candy from anyone. That class can help your children to learn the difference of what candy and drugs look like, so they have knowledge. I don't know who the principal is there now, but the past principal was the best and she was really nice. Otherwise, the school is great from what I remember. I hope you parents reading this will consider to enroll your child/children to this school. It's phenomenal.

Posted October 24, 2013
To my one star parent I am leap-frogging, no a teacher did not post immediately after your rating. I am a parent of a first grader who has been with this school for 2 yrs now. I found your rating sad and shocking as I have not experienced anything great things from this school. I had a specific concern and was put in touch with the principal who took it upon herself to personally call me at home during school time. She allowed me to voice my concern and we were able to discuss things to try and change at the school. I personally love the idea of the assets class on bullying. They taught my rather shy and passive daughter how to stand up to bullies. We have not encountered a bully but I feel with a class like during school hours is a wonderful idea. My understanding is that it's a zero tolerance at RH. I think very highly of this school and have received nothing but care, concern, and attention for my daughter from the start.

Posted October 24, 2013
I concur with the previous post. My child was miserable here. When I expressed concern about my child's progress, the claws came out, from especially the Principal. Silly me expected a school/home partnership to address academic concerns. It became clear, they will do nothing to help my child. In fact, they even said so. Principal and teachers were very unprofessional. I started getting dirty looks from other teachers. My child started to be treated poorly. The principal seems nice at first, but once you ask a direct question, she never answers directly, just educational jargon. She told me to be happy that my child was not the worst one in the class. Oh gee thanks! I also got the "budget cuts" excuse. It was such a negative experience for our family, and my child's self worth was reduced to nothing thanks to this school. I withdrew my child, and it was the best thing I ever did. My happy confident kid is back. We are still working on academics at his new school, but at least he doesn't feel worthless. I can't express how horrible this school was for us as a family. We all try and forget about this horrible experience.

Posted October 17, 2013
This is a horrible school with a culture that tolerates and fosters bullying by both students and teachers. As long as parent involvement is restricted to donations, supplying food and treats for teacher events, gift giving at Christmas and year end, then parents are welcomed. BUT, start asking questions about what your child is being taught, how it is being taught, the level of challenge, helping children reach their true potential and you will soon see the knives come out. Teachers will begin to ridicule and demoralize your child in class, fostering similar treatment by the other children. It is appalling behavior. AND YET CHERRY CREEK SCHOOLS AND THE STATE ASK ANNUALLY FOR MORE MONEY. SAY NO TO ANY MORE TAX INCREASES UNTIL THERE IS DEMONSTRATED IMPROVED PERFORMANCE. NO MORE EMPTY PROMISES.

Posted October 17, 2013
Seems another posting by a teacher or administrator of this school posting as a parent. It seems more than pure coincidence that immediately following a negative post, this one pops up. Previously, people were posting about once every 10 days or so. Now, one negative post and there is an immediate response. As far as the Assets class, the emphasis is entirely misplaced and the focus is incorrectly placed on the victim. There is all sorts of hand holding and instruction to the victim on how they should respond instead of making it very clear to the bully and the parents of the bully that the behavior will not be tolerated. That is where they emphasis should be. The current method makes the victim feel that somehow they have done something wrong, or not handled it properly. That is not the way to deal with a bully.

Posted September 26, 2013
The 2013 test results haven't been posted here yet, but they have been released. Not surprisingly, the test scores went down. They only catch up 11% of kids in math now and still 23% in reading. I can only speak to regular education, upper elementary grades. They do not work with kids that begin to struggle, and their test results show it. Check out schools that do a much better job, Willow Creek, Coyote Hills, Dry Creek, even Peakview does a better job. This school is terrible if you are 3rd - 5th grades and even begin to struggle. They will ignore kids and do nothing. The test results prove what I am saying is true! It really is a terrible school. A school needs to teach kids more than they already know, and this one doesn't at all. We moved from out of state and have attended quite a few elementary schools. I have also worked as a teacher. This is the worst school my kids have ever attended. The community is great. The kids are great. The parents are great. The school is not doing their job. Parents should stop paying for extra tutoring and demand more! The kids desearve it. The principal is also terrible!

Posted September 16, 2013
Rolling Hills Elementary has been a strong elementary schools since I have moved in 2002. All parents I know support the school, and only have nice things to say. My children have IEP's and my children get above and beyond help. The staff is professional and happy to be at RollingHills.

Rolling Hills Elementary School
5756 South Biscay Circle, Aurora, CO  80015
Last modified Rolling Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rolling Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top