Grandview High School 1

Posted September 18, 2013
All Grandview cares about is their test scores and sports programs. They don't care about the students. At all. Take it from a student, the faculty is so bias towards those who are involved in sports, cheer, poms, or anything that could win them a trophy. Parents don't know, and yet they pretend to know what Grandview is really like. Do not send your child to Grandview. I started freshman year feeling confident and making friends, but now that it's my senior year I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety. Oh, the teachers don't care about that either. They don't want to hear about anything that would prevent you from turning in your precious homework. The only things I've gained from Grandview are 3 close friends, 2800 enemies, and enlightened knowledge as to how terrible government funded public education truly is.

Posted January 27, 2013
I graduated from GHS in 2004 and have come to appreciate everything it had to offer. I found myself very prepared to attend one of the best engineering schools in the country. I still think back and remember being not only challenged, but motivated by great teachers who genuinely cared. Looking at the other reviews on here I'm happy that trend is continuing!

Posted January 20, 2012
Graduated in 2008 Grandview has: Great academics Teachers help at all costs Top Notch Athletics/Coaches Great Connections With Colleges Good Environment/Area

Posted September 24, 2011
I just graduated from GHS last year, 2011, and I loved the time that I spent there. Yes, there are the students that drive the nice cars but they are not their's they belong to their parents and a lot of students in my class bought their cars or had to share with someone in their family if it did belong tho their parents. The teachers are very nice and if you talk to them they usually will go out of their way to help you succeed, which helped me with the transition to college. They take it apon themselves to prepare you for college, they don't have to do that for the students but they do if you form a bond with them. With the athletics I was on the volleyball team but was forced to stop due to injury but I made a connection with the basketball coach and became their manager for three years. Students have to try and get involved, join a club or sport. That is were I found my best friend and have made friends with some of my teachers, whom I still call for advice. Grandview is an AMAZING school and there is where my best memories are.

Posted May 19, 2011
I have two children attending Grandview and couldn't be more pleased with their high school experience. The academics are top notch. I am amazed at the variety and amount of course offerings available to the students. There is something for everyone, on any academic level. I am always impressed with the administrative presence at all events, sports, academic or the arts. Adminstration truly cares about this school. The "responsible freedoms" mentality that the school promotes has made my children feel like they are valued and trusted in their own enviroment. As one administrator told me, " how do you expect these kids to go out in the world in four short years when you keep them under lock and key? "They need to be given freedoms and will suprise you by stepping up and being able to handle it while still under the guidance of parents, teachers and administrators." Socially, there is something for everybody and all groups and clubs are recognized, this is not a football only atmosphere. Some reviewers report a lack of diversity at the school but how are they to control the ethnicity of those moving into the area? I feel very fortunate that my children attend Grandview!

Posted October 12, 2010
Offers diversity in classes, clubs, teachers are very caring, and motivate students

Posted April 09, 2010
This is the best school in Colorado. Period. Almost all of the teachers are amazing, qualified and will go out of their way to help out a student. There are class difficulties for all students; College Prep, Advanced Placement, Honors and normal classes. The sports programs are excellent, with over 75 appearances in state competitions in all sports. If sports is not your thing, there is the theatre/band program, which I have to say is nothing short of the best in Colorado. We have the 3rd best Chambers Choir in the WORLD. If you don't like any of these and are a social person, I guarantee you will find some people to hang out with. I moved to Aurora from a country on the other side of the world, and within the first week, I made some friends. The only con is how early school starts. 7:20 AM.

Posted January 21, 2010

Grandview High School 0

Posted January 20, 2010
Like wise, after reviewing the reviews, I too think it is good school, however, I too feel it is not diverse enough to inlcude minority students. The district itself represents small amount of minorities in general, which is not the problem. I do feel the district is doing a good job on trying to reach out and address the issues that come with small percentage. Some teachers do a great job, others are very questionable. My son has attended going on 3 years, and because it is a neighborhood school, we maintain him. The principle is a great guy who listens, reaches out, and address issues. Overall, it is good, I would not say great.

Grandview High School 4

Posted October 22, 2009
Good school with some serious downsides. The curriculum is strong. The instruction is adequate. Students would benefit from a smaller student to teacher ratio. Likewise, academic enocouragement was not wehre I would have liked to see it. This was a continuation from middle school. It seemed students were rewarded for busy work vs comprehension on both levels. My son attended for one year. He enjoyed the friends he made, the academic schedule and the well equipped facility. He did not appreciate the lack of diversity and insensitivity toward other student's cultures and students of color in general. Equitable access to athletic programs and diversity were a huge dissappointment at Grandview.

Grandview High School
20500 East Arapahoe Rd, Aurora, CO  80016
Last modified Grandview High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grandview High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews.