Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I just moved to this district and school. I am currently a Junior. My perception is not altered by the size and all of the gadgets they try to make a big deal out of, because I come from a very small and poor school. I believe that what counts is the faculty, teachers and the material being taught. Aspects of the school that I can gladly praise, are the adults I have met, they truly care and I have never experienced that before. Also, I love the diversity. In the mist of it all, you can give a student gadgets and all of these crutches that make life seem easier but they still would not learn anything. And I have noticed that, among the students who have been there for a while. You can give a student a pencil, paper and a good teacher, and they can conquer the world. I believe that they spend money on the wrong things. There's T.V's in the building that no one pays attention to, unnecessary offices and rooms, things that just make the school seem luxurious and perhaps spoil the teachers. And then there's the bathrooms that are not nice, writings on the walls of students bashing the education system, low beam hand driers and some have dispensers, and they are broken, and in every classroom there are broken old chairs, the water fountains are broken or has warm water. And the main printer in the library is just unethical. Also, why make lockers that are so thin that cant fit anything and even deprive the students of that? I feel like the money they spend is just focused on things we don't need and the things that are useful, isn't being focused on. Judging by the fact that people don't think Grandview is a rich school deems the district as spoiled. I don't believe the people can survive in any normal high school in the states that does not receive all of this money.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Every teacher teaches differently and every student learns differently. I have teachers who write small, with pencil on a high beamed projector, so we cannot see the notes, I have teachers with awful handwriting (no offense) we cannot read the notes. Teachers who work at a frantic pace, and teachers who work so slowly and treat us like elementary students.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I am pretty sure it is like this in every school. Where the teachers believe that their classes are superior and must be the only one you are taking so they assign a ton of homework. Also, school gets out fairly late there is no time to do all of these projects while studying for three tests you have the next day.

I am currently a senior at GHS and have a lot of things to address. First off, it is true we are a Cherry Creek High Light - we can't really compare academically or athletically to them - but that IS OK. I personally have found my education here to be top-notch regardless; I have a 4.4 GPA and participate in Track and Baseball. We aren't a "rich white school" like Creek, we have a lot more diversity among the students and that is really good. There are some really good teachers - shoutout to Mr. Chilton - who make learning fun and exciting. Also we are infinitely better than overland and smoky hill so yah. GHS is a safe and good choice for teachers and parents deciding which high school to go to.

All Grandview cares about is their test scores and sports programs. They don't care about the students. At all. Take it from a student, the faculty is so bias towards those who are involved in sports, cheer, poms, or anything that could win them a trophy. Parents don't know, and yet they pretend to know what Grandview is really like. Do not send your child to Grandview. I started freshman year feeling confident and making friends, but now that it's my senior year I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety. Oh, the teachers don't care about that either. They don't want to hear about anything that would prevent you from turning in your precious homework. The only things I've gained from Grandview are 3 close friends, 2800 enemies, and enlightened knowledge as to how terrible government funded public education truly is.

I graduated from GHS in 2004 and have come to appreciate everything it had to offer. I found myself very prepared to attend one of the best engineering schools in the country. I still think back and remember being not only challenged, but motivated by great teachers who genuinely cared. Looking at the other reviews on here I'm happy that trend is continuing!

Graduated in 2008 Grandview has: Great academics Teachers help at all costs Top Notch Athletics/Coaches Great Connections With Colleges Good Environment/Area

I just graduated from GHS last year, 2011, and I loved the time that I spent there. Yes, there are the students that drive the nice cars but they are not their's they belong to their parents and a lot of students in my class bought their cars or had to share with someone in their family if it did belong tho their parents. The teachers are very nice and if you talk to them they usually will go out of their way to help you succeed, which helped me with the transition to college. They take it apon themselves to prepare you for college, they don't have to do that for the students but they do if you form a bond with them. With the athletics I was on the volleyball team but was forced to stop due to injury but I made a connection with the basketball coach and became their manager for three years. Students have to try and get involved, join a club or sport. That is were I found my best friend and have made friends with some of my teachers, whom I still call for advice. Grandview is an AMAZING school and there is where my best memories are.

I have two children attending Grandview and couldn't be more pleased with their high school experience. The academics are top notch. I am amazed at the variety and amount of course offerings available to the students. There is something for everyone, on any academic level. I am always impressed with the administrative presence at all events, sports, academic or the arts. Adminstration truly cares about this school. The "responsible freedoms" mentality that the school promotes has made my children feel like they are valued and trusted in their own enviroment. As one administrator told me, " how do you expect these kids to go out in the world in four short years when you keep them under lock and key? "They need to be given freedoms and will suprise you by stepping up and being able to handle it while still under the guidance of parents, teachers and administrators." Socially, there is something for everybody and all groups and clubs are recognized, this is not a football only atmosphere. Some reviewers report a lack of diversity at the school but how are they to control the ethnicity of those moving into the area? I feel very fortunate that my children attend Grandview!

Offers diversity in classes, clubs, teachers are very caring, and motivate students

Last modified Grandview High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.