Bad
Good

Eaglecrest has their pros and cons. Sports wise, varsity cheer and basketball is the only sports that seem to be good this year. The academics are okay and I feel that they appreciate the arts more due to their AP studio arts and history classes unlike other schools in the district. But also, the kids who go here are very diverse but I guess you can say a large amount of the kids live in "ghetto" areas. However, there is some "rich white kids" but only a minority. Also I feel that Eaglecrest does a very good job on accepting everyone. Just because a lot of the students here live in poor areas doesn't mean all of them don't want to succeed. Yes, there are many people who don't care about there education. There are at least a couple of those in every high school but there are also the ones who work hard at Eaglecrest who I believe can get a better education somewhere else and be challeneged. Yes, Eaglecrest is a good school but it's not the best.

My daughter has a lot of options to excel. The teachers have always helped her when she needed it.

My son just graduated from here - AMAZING teachers and administration. Don't judge a book by its cover - just because the school is older than the neighboring high schools does not mean there aren't awesome things happening inside. Thank you Raptor community for your commitment to kids and I'm looking forward to my next child going there!

My school is a place with a very caring and friendly atmosphere .Yes there maybe some rumors that there is a lot of conflicts such as sexual harassment and bullying.... BUT i assure you those rumors are completely false .Eaglecrest is a school where if there is to be a fight between to students its resolved within at the very maximum time 2 minutes.The counselors are amazing and very supportive and they really try helping you understand what you need for college.The teachers are outstanding and make themselves available to students as much as they can. The school is like a big family(: this school is an amazing place for people to make new friends .So if you don't like it then idk what to say because its a great place for people who play sports ,play music,love to draw or simply are geeks !its a place for everyone.

It is no secret that Eaglecrest is considered one of the "ghetto" schools in CCSD. I thought it was going to be an awful experience having to attend a school with a poor school environment and low academic standards. I was very wrong. I was involved in the AP program at EHS for all four years that I attended, and I had nothing but positive experiences with all of my teachers. They helped prepare me and encouraged me to pursue a college education, and I've thrived in college because of the skills I was taught at Eaglecrest. When I struggled through my ACT preparation, my teachers helped me with the skills I would need to successfully take the ACT. Because of their help, I was able to achieve a high score and get into the school that I had always wanted to attend, but thought I wouldn't be able to because of my poor test taking skills. I would not be here right now if it wasn't for the countless hours of help my teachers provided me. As with all schools, there are problems with fighting and bullying on occasion. However, I had always found that the administration was very quick to handle the situation, which has helped improve the school environment immensely. EHS rocks!

This school is a nightmare! Bulling fights but most of all my daughter broke her back and the personal did nothing, did not call an ambulance they had her call me. The people that should have known about this knew nothing I informed them it was like it was covered up to protect people. Then they didn't want her to graduate so we fought on that and won she did graduate with her class but no apologies were ever given. I will never send or recommend another kid to go to this school.

Used to be ghetto on the inside, but they just had 8 Million Dollars worth of great changes to the school. It's an amazing place! It has an exceptional theater and choir program, and I think people should know that it's NOT ghetto! It could improve a little on some maintenance issues still. Awesome school! Very excited to start school as a Freshman coming from Thunder Ridge Middle School! I know I don't seem educated on the school since I'm just a Freshman, but I've already had a lot of great experiences in the school :)

I'm starting at Eaglecrest this year, coming from Thunder Ridge Middle School. I've been introduced to some people that go here because I am in the school's marching band, and I have to say that they are some of the friendliest and welcoming people that I've met! They didn't baby us freshmen when we came in but they didn't push us too hard either. The band director here as well as the rest of the Arts' staff and program are excellent. We have a lot of people joining the band from other Cherry Creek Schools as well as from other districts. I like that they allow freshmen to start with an AP course if needed- like I am. It will be a nice experience. I've heard a lot about this school, but based on what I've seen, those rumors aren't true. (: I'm really excited to start at Eaglecrest this year! I would recommend it to others, definitely.

Great school, seriously dedicated teachers. Can't wait to see the remodel! Challenging classes in a non pretentious atmosphere, just what my kids need :)

As a parent of two EHS students (one is getting ready to start her sophomore year at a prestigious midwestern university and the other will be a Junior at EHS in the Fall), I can say that EHS has a lot to offer students who want to take advantage of both curricular and extracurricular activities at EHS. The AP program is great and students can choose from a wide variety of courses at EHS. The Honors Diploma program is also top-notch. Whether students are athletes, musicians, science geeks, actors, etc., they will find their niche at EHS. The clubs and programs available rival schools in more affluent areas of town. While EHS is not Cherry Creek H.S. (and shouldn't want to be) in terms of average income of students' families, EHS students have access to all of the great things that Cherry Creek School District has to offer. A student who performs well at EHS will have no problem getting into the "very selective" university/college of his/her choice and probably be offered a scholarship. We have chosen to remain at EHS over the years, despite opportunity to go elsewhere. This is because EHS is a great school with teachers who really care about their students' successes.

Last modified Eaglecrest High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.