Public charter
Aurora, CO
Before care: Yes

Axl Academy 4

Posted December 18, 2014
I really love the work my son as being doing with a teacher by the name of Mrs. Anderson his behavior has been out of this world. Before my son started at Axl Academy he was not focus at school at all but since he started working with Mrs. Anderson he can't wait to get to school and work with her. Thank you Mrs. Anderson and thank you Axl. We need more teachers like Mrs. Anderson.

Axl Academy 3

Posted September 28, 2014
I attended AXL Academy when it first started in 2008. In the begging it was an excellent school. I am now in highschool and I am reflecting on the school. The education is excellent. I learned topics well above my grade level. The community was amazing! The staff and several scholars have shaped me to be prepared for what ls next, BUT there is a lot of room for improvement at AXL. The loss of great teachers over the years effected my class. In our 8th grade year we had 6 teachers that left our middle school. We don't have lockers or a gym and our playground was parking lot. I believe AXL can strive into a better school if they get third act together.

Axl Academy 1

Posted September 10, 2014
Thumbs down. The school is way to small, horrible teachers, no gym, no nothing. And I feel really bad about the middle schoolers. Seriously? No lockers, no library, and as I said, no gym. I know this is a K-8 school, but seriously you guys need to work on your school, and make a better playground. The playground is A PARKING LOT. Seriously? I've attended this school for 6 years. 6 years! And I decided not to pass into the middle part of the school. If they at least had 2 of the things I mentioned above, then I would've considered even thinking about going back. WORK ON THE SCHOOL IT NEEDS IMPROVING

Axl Academy 1

Posted April 21, 2014
First year at AXL with elementary and middle students.Wish I read the comments before I enrolled. Curriculum OUTSTANDING. Faculty HORRIBLE. Nice but their lack of competency is so bad it out ways the great curriculum. Teachers, counselors, directors and principle make up rules as they go. Unwritten rules are unfair to the kids. When caught in a lie make every excuse possible, more concerned with justifying their wrong than fixing their mistake. Do exactly what they tell kids not to do; no integrity or ownership. Lost great teacher this year. STEP program is a joke; it s not fair and not effective at all. Scholar dollars program wonderful concept but terribly managed by some. No gym. The playground is a parking lot. Young inexperienced teachers w/ no kids themselves coupled with overcrowded classes spells disaster. Need more parent/grandparent teachers? My kids perform well academically. Feel sorry for kids with any challenges because this school is EXTREMELY petty. My standards are too high for this AXL faculty and it starts at the top (principle - teachers), it is so bad you really wish someone from Candid Camera came out and relived you of this bad joke. Retraining required.

Axl Academy 2

Posted April 13, 2014
One word. Joke - Poor location, inadequate teachers and staff and ready to pull after this year.

Posted April 02, 2014
Great PK-8 school for kids in Aurora. Excellent teachers. All really care about our kids. So much better than our local elementary school and middle school.

Posted March 23, 2014
Love this place! My kid is flourishing here! Great teachers and an awesome program. Love our teacher and the kids in our class. We have become great friends with parents of kids in our class. We are extremely happy there.

Axl Academy 4

Posted November 04, 2013
Axl has an expeditionary way of learning, which is great for most kiddos. They have uniforms which is great to be seen as the person not brand names of clothing. Healthy eating strongly encouraged however the hot lunches are something to be desired taste and cost wise. They have small classes from preschool to 8th that helps so much with the one on one attention they need. Not a whole lot of coed classes so therefore they can concentrate on school work. I Dislike that there is no music, nor field for kids to play, nor gym classes but with clubs hoping the students get what they need there. Come the end of the year the lack of staff retention, hoping the glitch there gets worked out because there have been some pretty awesome teachers in there that have left after only a year some not even lasting that long.

Posted November 03, 2013
This school has been a gift to the community. We are blessed to be members of this magical community. Our class and our teacher are warm, kind and we love being a part of the AXL family.

Posted November 03, 2013
This school is changing kids' lives in a very meaningful way through education, healthy living, excellent mentoring and modeling from teachers. It is the best we have found. I don't understand what the negative comments are even about. Smart staff, underserved kids, grateful parents and lots of love and hard work fills the place to move us all forward.

Axl Academy
14100 East Jewell Ave, Aurora, CO  80012
Last modified Axl Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Axl Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top