Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted June 03, 2016
Great Teachers and Good communication. my kids loves the school so good. 5 star for all there activity

Posted February 25, 2016
The teachers are incredible and really do seem to enjoy teaching. The curriculum is fantastic and the staff listens to parent concerns. My child loves attending AXL Academy.

Posted September 16, 2015
My son love the school. And I appreciate all the teachers and the staff members

Posted March 22, 2015
What a year AXL has had!! While the school has been through many changes this year, my kid and his class have remained steady and I find the school has become an even better community. While he doesn't like the food-too bland- he loves everything else and has made a ton of great friends.

Posted January 31, 2015
Axl has been an excellent experience for our two girls. They both have shown amazing personal responsibility for their school work and are excited to go to school every day! The best parts are how the faculty takes time to praise and highlight positive behaviors (in group settings) and give the kids a sense of ownership for their education goals. The teachers continue to inspire kids to think big and stay engaged. There has recently been a leadership change and we are all excited about parent involvement increasing as community-minded plans are being laid. That, along with the experiential learning aspects, is a huge part of what keeps school fun and exciting! We also love that uniforms keep out drama and distraction. Luckily, our girls still have opportunities to express themselves so if really has become a non-issue. Phew! If you are looking for a great school with passionate, dedicated teachers who do more than prep for tests, Axl is a wonderful option - without tuition!

Posted January 23, 2015
AXL has definitely gone through, and is continuing to go through, some transitions from when it first opened. However, my children have been at AXL for 5 years now and I wouldn t want them to go anywhere else. I think the thing that makes the most difference to a child s education no matter what their ability is, is feeling understood and cared about by the teacher. When they feel that connection, it makes them want to put forth extra effort and try their best. AXL definitely achieves that. Another thing I love is that AXL s code of character is just as important as the academic side. Of course, no school is perfect. But to me, the positives far outweigh the negatives. I feel very privileged to have my kids attending this free charter and am grateful to have the CHOICE!

Posted January 23, 2015
Like the previous reviews AXL has had some bumps in the 4 years we have been there. This year many changes have been made and it really feels like a family. I am glad I chose to keep my boys here. Brent has really stepped up and watching the staff fight for our kids has been amazing! Tracie has done an outstanding job in her new role increasing communication! It is true that AXL does not have certain things that bigger schools have such as, a gym and a library, but they also have many things that you won't find at those bigger schools like single gendered classrooms (much less drama especially for the middle school kids) and they are able to learn in gender specific direction that has been proven to be more effective, uniforms, field work. When I drop off my children (6th grader and kinder) ALL the staff and teachers know ALL the children by name. My niece recently left due to a move and is now in a cherry creek middle school where she is so bored. It truly takes a village to raise a well rounded child and we have found that at AXL. I urge you if you are looking for a school where education and values are top priorities give AXL a chance.

Axl Academy 4

Posted December 18, 2014
I really love the work my son as being doing with a teacher by the name of Mrs. Anderson his behavior has been out of this world. Before my son started at Axl Academy he was not focus at school at all but since he started working with Mrs. Anderson he can't wait to get to school and work with her. Thank you Mrs. Anderson and thank you Axl. We need more teachers like Mrs. Anderson.

Axl Academy 3

Posted September 28, 2014
I attended AXL Academy when it first started in 2008. In the begging it was an excellent school. I am now in highschool and I am reflecting on the school. The education is excellent. I learned topics well above my grade level. The community was amazing! The staff and several scholars have shaped me to be prepared for what ls next, BUT there is a lot of room for improvement at AXL. The loss of great teachers over the years effected my class. In our 8th grade year we had 6 teachers that left our middle school. We don't have lockers or a gym and our playground was parking lot. I believe AXL can strive into a better school if they get third act together.

Axl Academy 1

Posted September 10, 2014
Thumbs down. The school is way to small, horrible teachers, no gym, no nothing. And I feel really bad about the middle schoolers. Seriously? No lockers, no library, and as I said, no gym. I know this is a K-8 school, but seriously you guys need to work on your school, and make a better playground. The playground is A PARKING LOT. Seriously? I've attended this school for 6 years. 6 years! And I decided not to pass into the middle part of the school. If they at least had 2 of the things I mentioned above, then I would've considered even thinking about going back. WORK ON THE SCHOOL IT NEEDS IMPROVING

Axl Academy
14100 East Jewell Ave, Aurora, CO  80012
Last modified Axl Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.