Fox Ridge Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 916 students

We are best known for commitment to excellence.

Sweep tile

School Official Point of View

Posted October 3, 2011

Fox Ridge strives to provide gifted and talented students as well as all students with the rigor they will need to succeed in high school. Emphasis is placed on teaching critical thinking skills as well as a curriculum rich in problem solving, writing, reading and technology. All students are provided the opportunity to grow, for those who need additional support we offer intervention classes as well as support from teachers at lunch, before and after-school. Our teachers are dedicated to each of their students learning their content and igniting a love of learning.

Posted March 13, 2014

Fox Ridge is an awesome school. The teachers come here for the students and education not the money. Technology is available for students to use with friendly teachers and staff to assist. The teachers really try their best to lighten up every students day!!! Go Foxes!

Posted March 13, 2014

Fox Ridge is an awesome school. The teachers are awesome along with the environment. There is definitely help provided if students are struggling with school. From what I have heard, I am having a better middle school experience and I believe it's due to this school. GO FOX RIDGE!

Posted January 17, 2014

My son's academic growth stalled at the time he entered Fox Ridge, and pretty much stagnated the entire time he attended this school. I'm actually surprised that Fox Ridge received a 2 rating in educational growth when it surely deserved a 1 rating. Many other parents of high-achieving students have the same complaint. Your child would be better educated in almost any other middle school inside or outside this district.

Posted November 15, 2013

jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 17, 2013

We have been very pleased with Fox Ridge. Our son started going there last year and experienced some bullying. We were very impressed with how quickly the dean was involved, and how well the situation was handled. We loved every single teacher in the 6th grade, and highly recommend this school on both its academic and social merit.

Posted April 28, 2013

About half the student body is high achieving. Those high-achieving students carry the school. The school would be a total failure without those students. The children own this school, and do whatever they feel like doing because there are no consequences. Several sources explained that the school minimizes violent behavior because the district is concerned about appearances. A few teachers are good, but the rest are woefully inadequate. The adults aren't in control of this institution, the kids are, and they do whatever they want. The children regularly use their phones to text and play video games on school computers during class time. Theft is rampant. Children aren't taught desirable character traits. You can forget about communication. Most emails and phone calls will forever remain unanswered. There's a reason they don't use email for parent-teacher or parent-admin communication -- no paper trail. My GT child's test scores dropped drastically during his short tenure at this institution, so I took him out and placed him in a charter school. Preschool is more challenging than this 'educational' institution.

Posted April 18, 2013

I went to fox ridge at 7th grade and now I'm in 11th, When I went to school here, I have received negative services in staff help. The Security Team is very excellent.. They are very respectful, trustworthy, and responsible. I don't like this school because of false suspends and My little brother who graduated last year was also accused for some situations when there was other information provided. A percentage of the students are really disrespectful. I agree with the last negative report, This school is good but it's not worth going to or putting your child through!

Posted December 23, 2012

Administrators downplay violence at the school. My kid was stabbed with a pencil, and the Dean called me and indicated that it wasn't a big deal. Assume that violent incidents are vastly underreported. My child is 2E. Had to fight to get SPED assessment and services. He's also GT and gets no GT programming. He's a year above grade level in math, and he was placed at the bottom of 7th grade in math. He is being taught the same material with no new material being introduced. The school's educational philosophy is that all children will appear to succeed. The bar is set very low to ensure success. When students underperform and parents complain, the teachers just change student grades to pacify parents and students. It's an environment in which children aren't motivated to learn since they'll be promoted with low achievement. Permissive environment. The direction seems to come from the Superintendent's office and has resulted in administrators and faculty abdicating responsibility. Kids regularly text and talk during class time. They litter and use profanity in class. Students challenge teachers' authority. Some frustrated teachers retaliate. How-achieving school.

Posted April 30, 2012

Scores look good until you realize that the feeder elementary schools are amazing, and then kids hit Fox Ridge,and scores steadily decline as kids lose ground. This is not a school that challenges students. Mediocrity seems to be the norm. Grammar? Spelling? Whatever they learned through 5th grade is what they will leave 8th grade with because no one corrects for grammar or spelling.

Posted March 30, 2012

Love the Plays! Can't wait to see the next one, this school seems like it has a lot of loving teachers and great parent involvement.

Posted November 22, 2011

Fox Ridge has a great program. The teachers are caring, responsive and thorough. The classes are thoughtfully structured based on ability. My 6th grade son has had some struggles adjusting to the organization required for so many classes, but has been supported and encouraged in overcoming them. He said this is his favorite school year, yet. Everything from Music to Math, Athletics to Technology is approached with an attitude of providing a relevant knowledge base and student confidence for further exploration. I'm satisfied every day when my son comes home excited about a new drill in basketball or a new concept he's learned. I believe that learning at any age is something that flows naturally from nurturing and attentive guidance.

Posted September 12, 2011

I am a student, and i do like this school, but security needs to be tighened down. I came from chicago and i am in the 8th grade now, the education here is better, but the control over student actions is waaaay under expectations of what i'm used to. Most kids text in class and just copy homework off of me, plus some kids insult teachers and they just stand there, another thing is some classes are left dirty after class. That would give the whole class detentions for a week at my old school! i just think that if this school doesin't tigthen down, it will become a magnet for small crimes and druggies. Please, i don't want this to happen to my school!

Posted August 11, 2011

Great School!! . My child entered Fox R. as a 6th grader the first year it was open and graduated out at the end of the 2010-2011 school year. The teachers focus on challenging the kids to perform at the top of their abilities. They foster a "be kind to each other" family atmosphere, which can sometimes be difficult to achieve in a middle school .... Sure, just like ANY school there are a couple isolated incidents each year but it is NOT the norm here! The teachers are responsive to the comments of the students and of the parents. I approached several teachers over the years to discuss various issues. Each time I had an IMMEDIATE response from the teacher. Each time I felt my concerns were addressed directly. I feel they genuinely care deeply about the education our kids are receiving AND the atmosphere within the school. I would HIGHLY recommend Fox R. to anyone. All my interactions with staff ( Principal, teachers and ALL support personal )were friendly, warm and helpful. I've got first hand experience with MANY schools and districts across the US. Fox Ridge is a jewel!

Posted June 3, 2011

My son just completed 6th grade at Fox Ridge, and overall I have been happy at the school. My son was in advanced math (algebra) and it was an excellent, challenging class. He had fun in Social Studies, and in my book, any teacher that can make that exciting is an amazing teacher! Language Arts, on the other hand, is not challenging at all and I've heard this from a lot of parents at every grade level. Little vocabulary, no detailed grading of papers, etc. My solution? My son and I will work on this together this summer. My son had a situation with a bully and it was dealt with immediately and directly from his teacher, with contact to the parents and reports to the administration. As to involvement, most kids in all the grades participate in track and field in the fall and the music program is outstanding. Lastly, I haven't been involved much with the administration, but what little experience I have is that they feel they've got a great school and I see no push on their side to try to improve. With a little more interest by the administration and an improvement to the Language Arts program, this school could be 5 stars.

Posted May 26, 2011

This school is a really good school educational wise! I don't know why there are so many negative reports, because they don't make sense at all. The teachers are all very supportive of your children's grades, and they are definitely challenging enough. People keep saying "it's not challenging enough". But, your also saying your kids are getting low grades on tests. So, if your children are getting low test grades, when it's not challengin enough, then your child just isn't paying attention. The teachers make sure you feel comfortable where your at. Also, their music department is AMAZING and better then most schools. This school is great and all negative reports are flase.

Posted May 9, 2011

This school has the most caring teachers, counselors and administration I have seen. Middle school is tough and they provide support above and beyond. Perhaps if you have a child who is in trouble all the time your view is biased, we have had a family tragedy and everyone has been so kind and supportive. Please do not think poorly of Fox Ridge it is an amazing place.

Posted March 3, 2011

We have been very pleased with the school. The principle has been very responsive to our needs and concerns (one w/ bullying and the other w/ a teacher), addressing them in a very prompt and objective manner. Both of our children (one is average and the other is gifted) have liked almost all of their teachers and have been challenged and prepared well for high school. The teachers have recognized the strengths and weaknesses of our kids and have planned and adapted accordingly. Most of the teachers have done very well communicating w/ us also. We have not experienced any of the concerns mentioned in other reviews. While the school is far from perfect, they strive for excellence and a positive learning environment. I think the negative reviews are reflective of the parenting and issues at home.

Posted February 9, 2011

I am a student at Fox Ridge and believe it's above average, although not nearly perfect. The teachers definetely try to help you understand the concept and are kind, but sometimes stuff to be learned gets to rushed. I'm a 4.0 GPA student, but sometimes I feel it's either too easy or too hard. The principal is a good one and a good person, but must get more involved. Overall...it deserves a 3.5 out of 5.

Posted November 30, 2010

I think the school is great. I have read all the reviews and I am sure there is some validity, but they are too vague to determine what "problems", "administration", "teacher are young" specifically mean. I found the principal to be engaging and informative. The music department is great, too. My son has spoken about teachers and favortism, but after reading the reviews it may be repeated complaints from other students. My son was straight "A" student in elementary and continues into middle school. He may need more of a challenge. It is parents involvement or lack thereof that can make or break a school. May I suggest more involvement?

Posted June 11, 2010

After a wonderful experience at Coyote Hills, I have to admit that I'm a little nervous after reading so many negative reviews. My daughter will be starting 6th grade in the fall. Does anyone have any words of encouragement about this school?

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 58% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 61% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 67% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 52% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

All Students82%

Students without disabilities76%
Proficient in English69%
Neither migrant nor immigrant70%

Source: Colorado Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Below Average

Reading growth at this school

Below Average

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 TCAP results from the state of Colorado.

Asian 7% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 12%N/A40%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Nurse(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Security personnel
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• PE instructor(s)
  • School psychologist
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Gifted specialist(s)
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Tracey Grant
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Is there an application process?

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Computer
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Performance stage

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

• Join PTO/PTA

Visit

Middle school

Finding the right school

How to apply

Does this school have an application or enrollment process?

Planning Ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Cherokee Trail High School