Aurora, CO

Posted October 12, 2014
If your kiddo has an IEP or 504, Pine Ridge is the worst place to be. Open enroll somewhere else Pronto! The school psychologist and principal do not want to do the extra effort it takes for an enhanced and successful year for your student. Unfortunately, we endured the school year without a 504, our kiddo paid the price. New school this year WITH a 504, a team of teachers and providers giving 110% and our family enjoying a successful year!

Posted May 19, 2014
Cars also seen on daily basis using second lane which is supposed to be drive through used as drop off lane. There are no rules distributed/communicated at beg. of school year because they don't exist. The parking lot is free for all; his excuse is always, "school was not built for this many students." It is true the school was not built for this many, which is even more reason for safety measures. Another daily hazard is at the crosswalk at the end of parking lot between school sidewalk closest to the Wheatlands parking lot (but still on school not Wheatlands property). It is unstaffed with cross guards . Again free for all as it's the exit point for the car line lanes. Finally, in winter half the sidewalks in front of the baseball fields are not shoveled, yet other parts of the property are done perfectly. The shoveled area is a heavily foot traffic area as it is used to walk to the parking lot. Parent involvement is great. A committee was formed by concerned parents (one who almost saw a child get hit by a bus due to the blind spots with cars weaving due to lack of flow in car lines) and his response is always the same... "The district won't do anything about it..."

Posted January 28, 2014
Good school i went there blah blah blah blah vlah cvc b cbc vb cvb cv

Posted November 12, 2013
This school is unsafe. My son was bullied so severely that I had to find an alternative placement for him at a private school. It is very difficult to get information from the administration. I've contacted the teacher who states she referred the issue to the principal. I contact the principal, and he states essentially that everything is confidential, and that I can't receive any information about the situation. I seriously doubt that the prevalent bullying problem at Pine Ridge is being reported to the proper authorities through the proper channels. I have a child at a Cherry Creek middle school, and there were reliable reports that there was an unsafe condition on the school bus, and the administration never contacted parents about it, nor did the administration report it to the police or any other authorities of which I am award. I understand that reporting is an issue with entire Cherry Creek school district. My child's new school is safe and academically challenging. We wouldn't return to Cherry Creek for the world.

Posted October 28, 2013
Pine Ridge Elementary is an exceptional school. The teachers and the principal are very involved in the childrens' daily activities ranging from educational to social. My son has never been so excited about going to school as he is about Pine Ridge Elementary. He is in kinderagarten and my 2 year old will be going to this very same school. Our warmest gratitude and thanks to all the teachers and the Principal at PRE. You shape our son's life and you touch us as parents with your care and devetion. Sincerely, The Cusack Family.

Posted July 28, 2013
I have 3 children currently attending Pine Ridge. They transitioned from 2 schools in Broomfield and have done well. The teachers are very committed to the children. The material is about right for their ages. The only thing I would like to see differently is 4days a week of homework in each subject (math, english, spelling, science, ss) and projects for the older kids. They do behavior and attitude award assemblies and things like Children of the World Day. As far as behavior problems like the previous reviewer, the staff take that stuff very seriously. The district has worked hard to get a high rating and are very determined to maintain it. They would not let an incident like an assault go unrecognized and unpunished. They had some problems with vandalism in the bathrooms last year and they enlisted the students,staff and the parents to address it. But short of putting in cctv, it is difficult to identify the perpetrator(s). I like Pine Ridge and am impressed with the staff and the school itself. Lots of parental involvement as well.

Posted January 27, 2013
I withdrew my child because he was assaulted which resulted in injury, and nothing was done about the incident. The principal didn't even bother to call or email me to advise me that the matter had been addressed. The assault was severe enough that my child was terrified to return to school. I felt the teacher quality is excellent. Standards are inferior to other states and there is no enrichment for high-achieving students. We are from California, and my child laughed about the material presented in class. He qualified for the Spelling Bee without trying, and he said that his fifth-grade spelling material was the equivalent of second-grade material in California.

Posted June 21, 2012
I love the school and the atmosphere it provides. The entire staff has more than met the needs of my two children who are as different as night and day. The teachers are loving but know how to push the children to achieve their best. The principal is really in touch with the kids. I had the pleasure of being on a committee with the principal and other parents and the way he listened to us and helped us was very impressive. I also appreciate his willingness to makes the best (even if they're not the most popular) decisions for the school community in order to make sure that we maintain our high level of achievement. Kudos to Pine Ridge!

Posted June 18, 2012
Pine Ridge Elementary is the best! Our children cannot wait to go to school each day and we are so happy that this is our neighborhood school. Families in the area are happy to volunteer and this is encouraged by our school (not all schools are this welcoming). Our principal is extremely involved in events and knows so many of the students! He has done a tremendous job of hiring quality staff and letting go of teachers who are not professional and/or not up to par. We couldn't imagine sending our children anywhere else.

Pine Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted June 07, 2012
Great teachers, great children, great families, great community. Not so great principal. Recently, he let go a great teacher doing great things for our children. Very disappointed in his leadership. We want excellent teachers, she was one and he let her go. We are suppose to be attracting and retaining great teachers that produce great schools for our children. You couldn't find a better one and he let her go. It has nothing to do with her teaching or with students? he stated. Then, keep her!

Pine Ridge Elementary School
6525 South Wheatlands Parkway, Aurora, CO  80016
Last modified Pine Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pine Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top