Posted September 12, 2014
Great school with some new learning methods that is really helping to expand the way that our children are taught

Posted April 07, 2014
Vista PEAK Preparatory is a school with many caring and committed teachers. I have worked in a lot of schools and school districts and I have never worked with a more hard working group. Our standards are very high. There is some confusion on one of the reviews on this site regarding standards referenced grading which we are happy to address and explain in detail. This is our fourth year at the high school and we will soon have our first graduating class with one of the highest graduation rates in the state. We are a smaller school with a projection of 998 students in the fall of 2015 and we work really hard to get to know every single students to meet their needs.

Vista Peak 9-12 Preparatory 3

Posted September 19, 2013
it is very hard to get class changes and as the student said there is little freedom. my students can not come home for lunch though they live in walking distance. the dress code is restrictive. if you have kids with special needs or requirements be sure to bring in your paperwork or Dr. note because explaining it to them is not enough. I have 3 kids at Vista Peak and have been here from the beginning. The test scores are rather low so the grading standards are lowered this year. 75% as my 11th grader explained is now an A.

Vista Peak 9-12 Preparatory 4

Posted April 21, 2012
I'm a student at Vista Peak, and it is overall a great school. It has way more pros than cons. My only complaint is how the staff deals with drama. It seems as if they have the disciplinary system reversed. For example, you'll get in a lot more trouble for fighting than drugs. They also don't give the students much freedom. We don't get typical high school activities, like homecoming and pep rally's.They also have a ridiculous dress code. Besides that, the teachers are very committed and motivated to help you. They're not just in it for the paycheck. We also have chances to earn our associates degree before we graduate and take college classes. Vista Peak is a school you'll definitely succeed in, just don't go there if you want a 'typical" high school experience.

Posted October 03, 2011
I am familiar with schools all over the greater Denver area and I have been thrilled with Vista PEAK Prep. My son started high school this year and he was nervous to begin at a new school, as we are new to Aurora. The teachers have tons of knowledge, energy and passion and my son is already excelling and even more importantly, loving the experience he is having. My husband and I feel incredibly fortunate to have our child be a part of this wonderful school.

Posted August 29, 2011
Awesome school, awesome teachers and a very strong interest in our children and their education! What can be better than giving your child a head start to their higher level of education!

Vista Peak 9-12 Preparatory
24551 East 1st Ave, Aurora, CO  80018
Last modified Vista Peak 9-12 Preparatory is a Public school that serves grades 9-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Peak 9-12 Preparatory Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top