Aurora, CO
Before care: Yes
After care: No

Posted August 03, 2011
im a incoming 7th grader and i HATE this school. The students are mean to you , the deans dont care at all and last of all the principal keeps acting like the school is okay but its not.Just because it has a IB program doesn't mean it should .its very ghetto.

Posted May 07, 2010
If I could give Aurora Hills a zero rating I would. I have 2 students in this school, one in 6th and one in 7th grade. My disappointment is confirmed daily here. Many of the teachers are pleasant, however they do not keep the parents informed. Parent Portal is supposed to be a tool for parents to track student progress. To date it has not been updated since February 10, prior to that it was October 09. Parent involvement is lacking badly at this school. The students that attend this school are disrespectful and bullies. The administration does not follow through on what they promise the parents and it is obvious they do not care about the students attending. They focus all of their attention on the badly behaved children and do not reward the kids that do work hard. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 08, 2010
As a parent of an incoming 5th grader. If I didn't have a student at the school, there is no way I would send my daughter next year. My experience however, has not been negative. The staff is great. They are very helpful and willing to go the extra mile for kids. I brought my son to the Mustang Night earlier in the year. Staff members were playing games and talking with kids. They are volunteering their time to be with our kids. I see them at atheltic events supporting our children. Academically, I find the classes to be challenging and well rounded. It is a middle school, and kids at this age can be a challenge. Overall I feel this is a wonderful school! I would not hesitate to send my kids to the school.

Posted March 08, 2010
Great school...IB Program, STEM opportunities, technology, solid staff The building is odd but a new one is on the way! I recommend the school to others.

Posted March 04, 2010
i am a parent of a 7th grade student and i am very disappointed in this school. The students have no homework ever unless it is something they did not finish in class. That is the craziest thing about this situation. They are not allowed to carry backpacks into classrooms for safety reasons, They do not have enough time to go the restrooms or even to their locker. Lunch period are short. The teachers can only do so much, it seems like the few good teachers they have have to spend too much time disciplining when they could be teaching. I will not be sending my child to this school and wish i could move her now. Think long and hard about this school choice. Very sad situation!!

Posted March 04, 2010
The staff is excellent at Aurora Hills. They work very hard to help the students become successful young adults. They face many challenges every day working with studnets from lower economic backgrounds, but they always keep a professional demeanor and work hard to ensure the safety of their school

Posted March 03, 2010
This is a horrbile school. It needs a lot of work and a better staff. The school is undeserving of the IB status. If you live in this area you may want to consider enrolling in a different school.

Posted March 03, 2010
I have two children that attend this school. They both dislike the school. Based on my interaction with the staff, I am not fond of it either. Parental concerns are dismissed because the staff does not want to be bothered. The students have a 17 minute lunch that barely allows them to get through the lunch line. They are not allowed to go to the bathroom. The para pro's are rude and disrespectful to the students. The amount of bullying at the school is high and uncontrolled. The supposed dress code is not enforced. My children do not feel safe nor do I feel safe sending them here. They will not be attending Aurora Hills in the future. We are just trying to get through the end of this school year. If you are thinking of sending your child her for the benefit of the IB program, think again!

Posted February 15, 2010

Aurora Hills Middle School 2

Posted October 23, 2009

Aurora Hills Middle School
1009 South Uvalda St, Aurora, CO  80012
Last modified Aurora Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aurora Hills Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top