Posted January 29, 2014
I am writing to respond to an email sent by an irate parent that disparaged our school, Dartmouth, by saying that "BY FAR this is THE WORST school my children have attended.". As I read through the email, it was apparent that this parent believed that instead of inquiring about what may have occurred at school, she came in "to lay down the law to our Principal." First may I say that each and every parent is always encouraged to come and speak to staff, whether they are pleased or displeased. We are here to listen and dialogue with parents. We are here to ensure that every child accelerates their learning each and every day. As well, we are a building that is totally inclusive. We are sensitive to each and every child's needs. We are also sensitive to each child's sense of worth. Be assured that at Dartmouth we welcome every child. What I would say to this irate parent is, come in to talk with staff instead of laying down the law. We as educators are here to educate, we want to partner with parents. What we ask is that parents be respectful, responsible and safe when they come into our building to dialogue about their children.

Dartmouth Elementary School 3

Posted November 17, 2013
Recently move to the area and I read the reviews I wanted to place my child in a different school near by but the district told me that there was no open spaces at the other school. My big concern was the bulling. I address it with the secretary at the time I enroll my child. They explain to me that at the time most of the review where written that the principal was not very proactive. Little did I know my fears came true but I'm happy to inform that the new principal has taking the correct action to correct any problems. So fat she has talk to the parents and the kids. She seems to be more then willing to help and correct any problems. I haven't seen any grades for this year so far but I hope they are good like they were at the other school. I see they are truly working hard to help the kids. They even have a homework help time before school and also have breakfast for the kids. I'm hoping for this to work out to every child in the school. Remember that in order for our schools to be good the parents need to be involve in school life. Schools are not child care and we need to be proactive in our kids education. Good luck to all parents out there

Dartmouth Elementary School 1

Posted October 17, 2013
Not happy with this school at ALL!! Its a hit or miss with the teachers and if your lucky you will get a good one . Moving from Adams 12 to aurora P. schools my kids grades have falling fast . Not to sure why? but I think they are just pushing to hard and my kids cant keep up . I understand the rating is low here but come on ! there just little kids . if you want a school that is hard on your kid then your in the right place ... my advice go to cherry creek or adams12 .

Posted January 28, 2011
As an involved parent for the past four years, this is the best year yet. The new principle is very involved, very open for teachers, staff, parents, and students, and the all around atmosphere of the school has changed tremendously!!! Dartmouth is not the same school it was.

Posted January 27, 2011
I am a current and former parent of an older student. When you are looking at these reviews, please look at dates. This year there is a new principal who is very involved and takes care of situations as they arise. She is very available to the students, parents, and staff. This school has done a 180 degree turn since the new principal took over. Give Dartmouth a chance, its a great school!

Posted April 30, 2010
My daughter goes to this school and I did as well when I was younger. I must agree with the previous post that this school does not handle the bullying situation. My daughter was being bullied by a group of girls and I was told it was 'normal girl cattyness'. My daughter started to follow the same behavior and was labled a bully because she was following the crowd and defending herself. I'm very disappointed of how this school handles these types of issues. One good saving grace is the principal is leaving at the end of this year. Anyone that they get will be better than the one they have. I hope things will get better at this school next year.

Dartmouth Elementary School 2

Posted April 27, 2010
My daughter goes to this school and acedemically has succeded greatly. The teachers are helpful and kind and are eager to help. I am however very dissapointed at how they handle conflict and bullying in this school. My daughter has been harrased all year for no reason and the school has done nothing. For the education it is a good school for dicipline not so much.

Dartmouth Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2008

Posted April 21, 2005

Posted September 30, 2004
Dartmouth Elementary is an Excellent school. I went to this school for all five years and I feel I was cared for. These teachers supported with everything I did. They had high expectations but they weren't out of reach for the students who attended it. I would recommend this school for any child who wants to learn and go far in life. Parents this is a good school and I wouln't recommend any other Elementary school.

Dartmouth Elementary School
3050 South Laredo St, Aurora, CO  80013
Last modified Dartmouth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dartmouth Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top