East Middle School 2

Posted December 15, 2014
East has gotten better over the years but it still has some problems. Most of the problems could be put to a stop if the teachers/staff were a little more strict. Some of these teachers are not here to do their job and others don't get the support to do so. I have never been to a school concert or activity because this school is very poor at parent involvement. Overall, this school is okay if your an involved parent with your child.

Posted November 10, 2014
Some people in this school are caring and mean well, but a couple of the teachers really don't give two hoots if the kids learn anything and this is evident when you observe the low score this school has received.

Posted November 06, 2011
My son spent 3 years at this place witnessing fights and drug use. Teachers seemed uncaring and apathetic. I hugely regret that I didn't pull him out, circumstances were very difficult at the time. I will always remember the answer I got from a teacher when I asked why homework wasn't given -it would be 'pontless' as students simply wouldn't do it. Horrible place.

Posted July 14, 2011
East is a great school and I'm happy that I'm able to go to such a great school with amazing teachers that really do care, and I'm sad that this will be my last year here at east. East is a great school

Posted December 02, 2010
I am a previous student of East Middle School. I attended in my 6th grade year. If things run the way they did when I was there, I think the school is fantastic. The teachers all had a yearning to educate the children, while enforcing the importance of having drive, good morals, & striving to keep grades up. Their teaching mechanisms were creative. Not everything was straight out of a book. Many things were visual and hands on. The quality of education I got was not something I appreciated at that age, but now I still look back to this age and things I was taught for personal reference. Both in skill for work, parenting, referring back to values and morals I was taught. Educating children is tough work, and I really feel the teachers I had at this school were brilliant and put their heart into it. I was in the west wing, which was for more advanced students. The idea of separating the children based on their own individual speed of learning is brilliant. No child was left behind or forgotten. This allowed for every student to learn at the pace of which they are most comfortable.

Posted April 08, 2009

Posted October 03, 2008

Posted June 10, 2008

Posted May 21, 2008

Posted August 03, 2007
This school has educated my child in nothing but violence and a lack of drive. I am so disappointed that I allowed my daughter to be subjected to that kind of experience. Thus the main reason my husband and I are now looking for a new school for her this upcoming year.

East Middle School
1275 Fraser St, Aurora, CO  80011
Last modified East Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top