Posted November 06, 2011
My son spent 3 years at this place witnessing fights and drug use. Teachers seemed uncaring and apathetic. I hugely regret that I didn't pull him out, circumstances were very difficult at the time. I will always remember the answer I got from a teacher when I asked why homework wasn't given -it would be 'pontless' as students simply wouldn't do it. Horrible place.

Posted July 14, 2011
East is a great school and I'm happy that I'm able to go to such a great school with amazing teachers that really do care, and I'm sad that this will be my last year here at east. East is a great school

Posted December 02, 2010
I am a previous student of East Middle School. I attended in my 6th grade year. If things run the way they did when I was there, I think the school is fantastic. The teachers all had a yearning to educate the children, while enforcing the importance of having drive, good morals, & striving to keep grades up. Their teaching mechanisms were creative. Not everything was straight out of a book. Many things were visual and hands on. The quality of education I got was not something I appreciated at that age, but now I still look back to this age and things I was taught for personal reference. Both in skill for work, parenting, referring back to values and morals I was taught. Educating children is tough work, and I really feel the teachers I had at this school were brilliant and put their heart into it. I was in the west wing, which was for more advanced students. The idea of separating the children based on their own individual speed of learning is brilliant. No child was left behind or forgotten. This allowed for every student to learn at the pace of which they are most comfortable.

Posted April 08, 2009

Posted October 03, 2008

Posted June 10, 2008

Posted May 21, 2008

Posted August 03, 2007
This school has educated my child in nothing but violence and a lack of drive. I am so disappointed that I allowed my daughter to be subjected to that kind of experience. Thus the main reason my husband and I are now looking for a new school for her this upcoming year.

East Middle School 3

Posted April 01, 2005
This is the first year my child is attending East. We have experienced hardship with this change in his life. However, I must say that once the school was able to identify the issues (with help and participation from us)East stepped up to the plate. When email was sent to the principal he didn't respond and still hasn't. However, he obviously sent it to my child's teachers who did. I think if the parent/family shows the school their interest and care for the child they will act. Thanks to Ms. Eichelberg, Ms. Akers, Ms. Burd, Ms. Wink, Ms. Strom and the school psychiatrist (sorry forgot name) for all your caring.

East Middle School 2

Posted December 09, 2004
i dont believe this school is a very good school. The principal seems to lack leadership and from what i have seen the test scores were very low. My daughter is inroled in a very safe school either because she tells me of all the fights that happen there. I am also strongly against the idea of the uniforms because i believe people should be able to express thier individuality. Therefore i will be glad whne my daughter goes on to highschool. With all do respect.

East Middle School
1275 Fraser St, Aurora, CO  80011
Last modified East Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.