Posted October 13, 2014
I cannot say enough great things about Jewell Elementary! My son is a handful, to say the least, and I believe so many other schools would have given up on him a long time ago and just written him off as a bad kid, but not here. We are truly blessed to have such a wonderful and dedicated team of teachers and administration, who really do care a great deal about their students and finding ways to make their time spend at Jewell, the best possible! As a note to other Jewell parents, please be actively involved in your child's education. If you have questions or concerns you would like to address with the school, do not hesitate to reach out to your child's teacher or the administration team. I trust you will be amazed at the amount of support you will receive, but it's your job to make that first step.

Posted September 10, 2013
I believe kids learn with help of teachers but its not the teAchers fault if the student doesn't pull his 100% effort ! Its a great school we need to teach our kids too and then a school will be better them great !

Posted May 25, 2013
I had a student in second grade this year, prior to this school my son did very well in school but when he came here he was targeted by the teacher who he had for two years now and continued to give him disciplinary marks far more often than other students who were involved in the incidents he was marked for. He was bullied by the teaching staff with negative comments on his school work when positive comments would have been more appropriate. Example... My son missed one problem out of 26 on an assignment, then drew a picture on the back when finished. The comment on the paper read:" You should spend your time reviewing your answers instead of drawing. Give yourself a mark for not following school rules." This is such a cup is empty attitude. A more positive tone which would have been more appropriate might have been : Great work!! and nice picture, lets try for a 100% next time!! I am pulling my student from this school and have not plans to have him return two years of this is enough, I hope some day they will get a more professional staff here, until then all of my kids are going out of district.

Posted August 03, 2012
My son was diagnosed with Dyslexia and this school was not prepared to deal with his dissability. Staff became frustrated and litterally looked at me with blank faces when we discussed transition plans from year to year. My 8 year old son cried and begged me not to take him to that school. I ended up pulling him out and paying for private school. The staff at this school does not know how to manage children with varying dissabilities. They should mirror districts that have successful plans and tools in managing children with varying dissabilities. Colorado has several schools that should win awards for their efforts. The Consultant for the district litterally told me that they had too many kids with dissabilities to focus on my child. I should have sued this district but ended up moving so that I could provide my children with a better education.

Posted November 16, 2011
The teachers are wonderful however the school has lost great teachers and programs over the years with the addition of the a different principal in the early 2000's veteren teachers left, programs cancelled, and a hugh focus on CSAP scores to obtain money replaced education. Class sizes are very large and all children have to go to English Lang. Developement, you can see where the focus is going. Dissapointing leadership and losses - -feel bad for the teachers high turn over every 2 or 3 years ..... What Mill Levy ??? This school lost more than it gained and you will see good scores thats where the focus is not on the individual

Posted November 06, 2011
my child also has special needs. During his time in this place he escaped from the school, was physically injured and began to suffer severe anxiety. Staff would contact me and report that they did not know what to do or how to keep him safe and that I should take him home. There was no picture schedule and little understanding of how to teach a child with autism, staff became rude and defensive when challenged. I don't think that any special needs child should have to attend this place.

Posted January 05, 2011
The program for the special need children in this school is not recommended by me for anyones child. My son broke his arm due to their staff negligence and on top of that a paramedic was not called after it was apparent his arm was broken. My son with Autism sat in pain for thirty minutes before he was recieved proper attention. My son has not went back because special ed director refuses to give my son a one on one para or place him in a environment where mom feels his needs are better met. The program at Jewell failed my son and know one seems to care my son was hurt. Its been a couple months and know one has reached out to see if my son is healed and if he is going to be back. My son will not attend Jewell again because of their inconsistency and lack of support for the children. It is a shame that now I have to take legal action because their special ed director refuses to give my family any other option but the one at Jewell which already failed. By the way, since this happened the teacher quit trying to shake the fact that it was because the classroom does not have the proper support severely Autistic children need.

Jewell Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2010
My son attended Jewell Elementary for second grade this year. He was previously at a different public school for Kindergarten and at a charter school for 1st grade. I absolutely love this school. His teacher was terrific, flexible, understanding and encouraging to my son. It is absolutely the best experience he has ever had at a school. My son's academic future has been permanently changed for the better by his experience at this school.

Posted July 30, 2009

Jewell Elementary School 3

Posted October 10, 2007
When the principal and school district allow the teachers to be in the classroom and actually teach, the academics and teaching are very good. The school has excellent 'specials' p.e., art music. If a parent expresses concerns in the school it is frequently met with hostility, blame, and not in a spirit of what can we do to fix this.

Jewell Elementary School
14601 East Jewell Ave, Aurora, CO  80012
Last modified Jewell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jewell Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top